Ideas for a Med School Gift?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesTank

Zombie
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need an idea for a graduation gift for someone who is going to medical school as well. Their medical school provides lab coats, and doesn't recommend buying a stethoscope before hand as they will give discounts on the right kinds etc.

I need ideas for something else preferably under $100

Current med students: anything you wish you had before going in?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Money. I know I'd appreciate the hundred bucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
A nice coffee pot or espresso machine. For 75-100 bucks you can get a pretty cool one.

nude pics? can't go wrong!

My brother got this gift and it was pretty cool. It was a metal flask saying [insert name] M.D.

You don't have to do a flask, but anything personally embroidered is pretty cool.

just give a gift card. But if you can, give a palm or an ipod.
I just got a Palm TX as a med school gift... boy, what a toy! We need a TX for med school and it is something I can use while traveling (for internet and email),

My brother got this gift and it was pretty cool. It was a metal flask saying [insert name] M.D.

You don't have to do a flask, but anything personally embroidered is pretty cool.

i would INSTANTLY demean a medical student into pants-peeing humiliation if i saw them carrying anything with "Their Name, MD" unless it is a family heirloom and they're the 14th Richard