bluesTank

Zombie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
College Station, TX
Status
Medical Student
I need an idea for a graduation gift for someone who is going to medical school as well. Their medical school provides lab coats, and doesn't recommend buying a stethoscope before hand as they will give discounts on the right kinds etc.

I need ideas for something else preferably under $100

Current med students: anything you wish you had before going in?

Thanks!

Lawliet2008

Nobody mess with Adam We
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Money. I know I'd appreciate the hundred bucks.

cpants

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
A nice coffee pot or espresso machine. For 75-100 bucks you can get a pretty cool one.

Wylde

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
nude pics? can't go wrong!

etf

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status
...and it's < $100!

(unless the hooker wants more money)
or get it for free on the internet. "sex" is probably the most searched term on google, kind of like "investment banking vs. medicine" on sdn.

JFrusciante

10+ Year Member
May 5, 2008
Status
Medical Student
My brother got this gift and it was pretty cool. It was a metal flask saying [insert name] M.D.

You don't have to do a flask, but anything personally embroidered is pretty cool.

loganhayes

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
just give a gift card. But if you can, give a palm or an ipod.
I just got a Palm TX as a med school gift... boy, what a toy! We need a TX for med school and it is something I can use while traveling (for internet and email),

nu2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
Los Angecagoveland
Status
Medical Student
My brother got this gift and it was pretty cool. It was a metal flask saying [insert name] M.D.

You don't have to do a flask, but anything personally embroidered is pretty cool.
i would INSTANTLY demean a medical student into pants-peeing humiliation if i saw them carrying anything with "Their Name, MD" unless it is a family heirloom and they're the 14th Richard