Identical MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbhargav

Reaction score
Hi,
I took the MCAT twice now and my score was EXACTLY the same both times with all of the section scores being identical. I feel like this is super unlikely and they may have made a mistake because of the proximity of my exam dates but has anyone else had this happen?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the MCAT twice and I got the exact same score in 3/4 subsections (the fourth was one I specifically needed to work on). You typically get a +/- 1 point (or is it 2, I can't remember), but if you took the test twice in close proximity, you probably didn't make huge leaps in your skills/knowledge of the topics.

Hi,
I took the MCAT twice now and my score was EXACTLY the same both times with all of the section scores being identical. I feel like this is super unlikely and they may have made a mistake because of the proximity of my exam dates but has anyone else had this happen?
According to AAMC data, the vast majority of test takers earn the same composite score upon a retake. The way that testing is done these days, score errors are extremely extremely rare. Remember your score places you into percentile bands. Unless there were some significant extenuating circumstances, I would expect your scores to be similar particularly if you made the choice to retake the exam close to your initial attempt. It takes quite a lot to jump from one band to the next.

That seems like a statistical anomaly, but not unheard of. It doesn't seem feasible that there would be any type of AAMC error that could result in double logging of the same score. If there were such an error, then it would have been discussed adnosium in a thread somewhere.

It speaks volumes that there test is actually well curved. As someone pointed out, if you take the test twice having done essentially the same thing, then getting the same score seems highly likely.