If I want to do plastic surg or derm should I choose D.O. or caribbean school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OSUdoc08 said:
Consider how your treatment will affect the other organ systems of the body, as well as how the viscerosomatic and somatovisceral reflexes will be manifested.

Surgeons often use OMM techniques pre-op and post-op at our hospital.

LOL....

Taus said:
PCOM has an integrated plastics residency...I'm sure it can't be that bad if the school sponsors it...

Most (if not all) DO residencies are sponsored by consortiums, which coincidentally are sponsored by schools. And there are a lot of bad Bad BAD DO residencies (of all specialities). Just ask any 3rd or 4th year rotating with any DO school. If I'm wrong about the sponsorship of residencies, I apologize.

But with that being said, whether it's good or bad, you can still say you've done a plastics residency and then practice as one, so that's all that matters.

Members don't see this ad :)
kahoo99 said:
I guess I'm bored because I've just read this whole post, but I sometimes wonder when I see a OP similar to this if the person is a troll. I don't mean to be degrading but for those people who are really gunning for these ultra-competitive residencies and then follow that with "which should I choose DO or Carribean," are you kidding? If these are your two options it means that you probably didn't study hard enough, or you don't test very well, or maybe you're not quite as smart as some of your colleagues; but now all of a sudden you're going to come in a be the absolute cream of the crop of all US MDs, DOs and USFMDs. So, I find myself wondering what changed in your life that now you're going to excel in a way you have not shown you're capable of? Any way, good luck to all of us, it's going to be hard and hopefully fun.

A troll? Please...i haven't heard the world since 4th grade. You don't mean to be degrading but you are...I really wonder if you really have a heart to treat all of your patients without any discriminations in the future. By having the choice between DO or carrib. schools doesn't automaticaly show what I am not capable of...maybe I'm not capable of goin to a MD school but it doesnt mean that I am not at the top of D.O. schools which have their own derm/surgery residencies.

totoro723 said:
A troll? Please...i haven't heard the world since 4th grade. You don't mean to be degrading but you are...I really wonder if you really have a heart to treat all of your patients without any discriminations in the future. By having the choice between DO or carrib. schools doesn't automaticaly show what I am not capable of...maybe I'm not capable of goin to a MD school but it doesnt mean that I am not at the top of D.O. schools which have their own derm/surgery residencies.

A "troll" in internet parlance is someone that posts on forums with the intent of getting a rise out of people.