If schools value diversity so much, why are all the staff white?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannylee065

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why don't they start with increasing diversity among their own leadership/administration staff and faculty?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Why don't they start with increasing diversity among their own leadership/administration staff and faculty?
because they're hypocrites. Same reason why they interview students for "honesty and sociability" when all the practicing dentists I've met are artificial af and have complaints with the BBB of scamming.

*shots fired*

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL They probably try to make the future generation of leaders in the field of dentistry more diverse.
But I agree. Even though everyone has been complaining about Asian and South Asian students being over-represented in the schools, the leaders/people with power within the field are still pretty much very white.

In my opinion diversity of ideas is a lot more important than diversity of skin colour.

Reactions: 11 users
They're also old if you haven't noticed. Dentistry was a supermajority white male for a long time; however as the most recent generations of graduates continue to reflect more of the general population so will the faculty, who will be replaced by the growing pool of diverse candidates.

Reactions: 4 users
My school's leadership/administration staff and faculty are very diverse. Not all schools are all white males.

In my opinion diversity of ideas is a lot more important than diversity of skin colour.
Diversity of skin color isn't important at all. Except, of course, to racists, who define people on the basis of their race and not their character, like in giving preferential admission to people with a particular shade of skin color.

Reactions: 1 users
Diversity of skin color isn't important at all. Except, of course, to racists, who define people on the basis of their race and not their character, like in giving preferential admission to people with a particular shade of skin color.

wow...

Reactions: 3 users
A change in demographics mean a change in practice. Not saying women aren't capable, but since 50% of graduates are female now, fewer are interested in private practice. They want to work for someone, make good pay, have time to raise a family, maternity leave, and all of that. It wasn't like that in the 80's when the percentage of women in dental classes was under 20%.

When trends like that change, expect to see a drop in reimbursement rates.

Source:

Whenever these threads come up, they inevitably degrade to heated, emotional debates that some deem offensive.

Locking before this turns really ugly.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.