If there was ONE thing you could have done before Med School!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmandudeguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im surprised I havent seen a thread like this. But, if there was one thing you could have done before going to med school, what would it be? It could be studying for a particular class beforehand to make med school life easier, going to the beach more, get crunk as much as possible since there probably wont be enough time during Med School!

I have a gap year so Im curious!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I hear, the social life in medical school is actually quite good. Especially if you go to a school that is set up with blocks. That means basically every 3 weeks you have a mid term or a final and people pretty much party all weekend once those are done.

As far as things to do before medical school, I was just accepted and I am going to continue working my full time job and save up as much money as I possibly can. I'm going to try my best and remain as stress free as possible and just try and have as much fun with my family and friends. I'm planning a big trip to Europe in June also. Just enjoy yourself and don't think about school

More rock climbing. I went about twice a week for the last 3-4 months, but it wasn't enough. There is nothing here :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Im surprised I havent seen a thread like this. But, if there was one thing you could have done before going to med school, what would it be? It could be studying for a particular class beforehand to make med school life easier, going to the beach more, get crunk as much as possible since there probably wont be enough time during Med School!

I have a gap year so Im curious!

Having a gap year myself, I've been thinking a lot about this. Good thread :thumbup:

Last edited:
From what I hear, the social life in medical school is actually quite good. Especially if you go to a school that is set up with blocks. That means basically every 3 weeks you have a mid term or a final and people pretty much party all weekend once those are done.

As far as things to do before medical school, I was just accepted and I am going to continue working my full time job and save up as much money as I possibly can. I'm going to try my best and remain as stress free as possible and just try and have as much fun with my family and friends. I'm planning a big trip to Europe in June also. Just enjoy yourself and don't think about school

thanks dude. i needed a good laugh this morning.

I had a gap year but spent it working and planning my wedding. I liked the job but it was not a dream job by any means. If I could do it again I would have saved more money so I could have taken a good 3 months off before school and traveled. :)

Cool cool. So which DO schools have blocks? Ive been curious about that. How exactly are the classes set up in various schools?