Does having an acceptance at one school help you get off the waitlist at another? Or could it hurt you? June 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachaholic22

Reaction score
Does having an acceptance at one school help you get off the waitlist at another because you seem more valued? Or does having an acceptance hurt your chance of getting off the waitlist at another school because they think you my not attend if given a spot this late in the game?

Members don't see this ad.

a) you have an acceptance. Congratulations, 60% of applicants do not.
b) You will still be eligible for WL offers until you choose CTE (commit to enroll) at your present school.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for the response! I thought commit to enroll was only for MD schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for the response! I thought commit to enroll was only for MD schools
Sorry, didn’t notice I posted on a DO thread. But getting invited off a WL is more dependent on the impression you made at your interview and the space still available in the class right now.

Reactions: 1 user
Does having an acceptance at one school help you get off the waitlist at another because you seem more valued? Or does having an acceptance hurt your chance of getting off the waitlist at another school because they think you my not attend if given a spot this late in the game?
According to ACCOMAS traffic rules. All schools can now see students accepted to another COM. So I think it would hurt overall since the Adcom can look at this list and see if you have been accepted elsewhere. Is it still possible to still get accepted off a wl? yes, but not very likely at this stage with classes starting in 1.5 months.

Nope, it doesn't make you a catch