Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
To kill time waiting for updates

What are you going to say when the office calls you to accept you?

If I get it I think I will be in shock and a little speechless. Hopefully not make a fool of myself.

DiNoZeRo2o9

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Stockton, CA
Status
Dental Student
Well, if they call I am going to smile super super big wherever I am. I'll be smiling so big that they will probably know over the phone as I continuously say "thank you thank you thank you so much!"

klpennin

20/22/20
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Lol, thats why I'm happy the schools that I applied to aren't calling me. That would be weird. Are you supposed to be excited or reserved? Like when they tell you you've won on the radio, they want you to be all excited, but this is a little different... I guess I would say "thank you very much for the phone call, I appreciate it", but thats about it.

About the Ads

DuffMan01

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I think many of us usually forget how "human" they are too...I mean, if you get the good news and you feel like screaming, go ahead! They know how hard you worked for this moment. If you are speachless, they know that feeling too...I wouldnt know what to say until the time comes, I am just hoping the time does come!

pbrooks

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Status
Dental Student
The people that get to make the phone calls probably find this part of the process rewarding and entertaining. It's not every day you get to inform people of good news like this! I imagine if I get a phone call, I'll fan my face with my hand and cry like I just became Miss America.
hehe,
"Id like to thank AADSAS, and my parents, and those professors and dentists who wrote reference letters for me..."

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Try to refrain myself from screaming their eardrums out cause i'm sure someone else will get to it...
Hopefully they're not judging us on how we pick up our phones/what we say cause I'm thinking I probably will make a fool of myself and worry about it for like the next 3 days until they send me a hardcopy of the letter.

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Say something like....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! NO FREAKEN WAY!!!!!!!!!

ok just kidding. Say something like, oh wow I am really really thankful for the school to offer me this chance to be part of class of 2000 whatever. Depends on if that's your top school or you wanna wait for other schools. Just say something like, I will gladly accept the offer, please fill me in on the details. If you wanna wait, then say something like. Thank you so much for offering a spot for me. As for now, I would like to put down a deposit to hold my spot. That's something I would say...don't know if you guys agree with me or not. HOPFULLY I will be saying either one of the sentences during Spring.

^^ Dude you would be that composed?
When I got my call: OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! thankyouthankyouthankyou omg omg omg (yout get the drift)

AlwaysImproving

10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
FL
Status
Pre-Dental
I was very composed. I said Thank you so much.
After all, they woke me up lool
It just depends who "they" are:D
I knew I was getting into UF bec/ the interview went so well, so maybe that is why I wasn't that surprised.
But I can agree with everyone, if my top choice calls, there will be a PAR-TAY on the phone hehehehe.:D:D

Flossy13

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
so now that i have gotten 3 spotty hours of sleep, every minute of which consumed by nightmares that i did not get in... anyone get their call from minnesota yet?!!?

prydA

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
say "sorry you got the wrong number" or "take me off the list bye" :prof:

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
i was surprisingly calm. i just said thank you like 5 times during the span of a minute but i didnt blow anyone's eardrums out! :)
almost ripped apart my lucky shirt though.. they called while i was changing :p

AlwaysImproving

10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
FL
Status
Pre-Dental
i was surprisingly calm. i just said thank you like 5 times during the span of a minute but i didnt blow anyone's eardrums out! :)
almost ripped apart my lucky shirt though.. they called while i was changing :p
Dang, that is a fast-acting lucky shirt :D

Send it over to my house plz :laugh:

binaryworld

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2008
Status
Dental Student
My phone actually woke me up in the morning, but when I realized who it was I woke up really quickly. A voice said, "I just wanted to call to say congratulations! We would like to offer you..." and then my cell phone lost service! (happens frequently at my house)
About 20 seconds later he called back... "You okay? I just wanted to make sure you didn't faint or anything. Anyways, as I was saying, blah blah..." Luckily it didn't cut out a second time.

I'd love to hear the stories of the admissions faculty on this subject. I'm sure they some good ones to tell!

DrillerC

Good Luck Everyone
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
When I got a call from Michigan notifying my acceptance I was pretty happy, but I have a monotonous voice so I know I didn't sound excited over the phone.

The lady that called me sounded sad that I wasn't crying with joy.

About the Ads