1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

If they call what are you going to say

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Jake8, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    To kill time waiting for updates

What are you going to say when the office calls you to accept you?

If I get it I think I will be in shock and a little speechless. Hopefully not make a fool of myself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DiNoZeRo2o9

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Well, if they call I am going to smile super super big wherever I am. I'll be smiling so big that they will probably know over the phone as I continuously say "thank you thank you thank you so much!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. klpennin

klpennin 20/22/20
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Lol, thats why I'm happy the schools that I applied to aren't calling me. That would be weird. Are you supposed to be excited or reserved? Like when they tell you you've won on the radio, they want you to be all excited, but this is a little different... I guess I would say "thank you very much for the phone call, I appreciate it", but thats about it.

4. DuffMan01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think many of us usually forget how "human" they are too...I mean, if you get the good news and you feel like screaming, go ahead! They know how hard you worked for this moment. If you are speachless, they know that feeling too...I wouldnt know what to say until the time comes, I am just hoping the time does come!

5. LuckyMiner

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    :)

#5 LuckyMiner, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  6. pbrooks

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hehe,
    "Id like to thank AADSAS, and my parents, and those professors and dentists who wrote reference letters for me..."

7. Andrew324

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Depends who "they" is :)

8. cherr1pop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Try to refrain myself from screaming their eardrums out cause i'm sure someone else will get to it...
    Hopefully they're not judging us on how we pick up our phones/what we say cause I'm thinking I probably will make a fool of myself and worry about it for like the next 3 days until they send me a hardcopy of the letter.

9. peerless218

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Say something like....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! NO FREAKEN WAY!!!!!!!!!

ok just kidding. Say something like, oh wow I am really really thankful for the school to offer me this chance to be part of class of 2000 whatever. Depends on if that's your top school or you wanna wait for other schools. Just say something like, I will gladly accept the offer, please fill me in on the details. If you wanna wait, then say something like. Thank you so much for offering a spot for me. As for now, I would like to put down a deposit to hold my spot. That's something I would say...don't know if you guys agree with me or not. HOPFULLY I will be saying either one of the sentences during Spring.

10. ^^ Dude you would be that composed?
    When I got my call: OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! thankyouthankyouthankyou omg omg omg (yout get the drift)

11. AlwaysImproving

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I was very composed. I said Thank you so much.
    After all, they woke me up lool
    It just depends who "they" are:D
    I knew I was getting into UF bec/ the interview went so well, so maybe that is why I wasn't that surprised.
    But I can agree with everyone, if my top choice calls, there will be a PAR-TAY on the phone hehehehe.:D:D

12. mddang

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Pshhhh.. You've already been accepted, so what harm can screaming do??

I would go nuts...

13. onetimeplease

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Just say F*** yeah!!!

14. Flossy13

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    so now that i have gotten 3 spotty hours of sleep, every minute of which consumed by nightmares that i did not get in... anyone get their call from minnesota yet?!!?

15. LuckyMiner

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#15 LuckyMiner, Dec 1, 2008
  16. Flossy13

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

for Minnesota?

17. LuckyMiner

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#17 LuckyMiner, Dec 1, 2008
  18. prydA

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    say "sorry you got the wrong number" or "take me off the list bye" :prof:

19. cherr1pop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i was surprisingly calm. i just said thank you like 5 times during the span of a minute but i didnt blow anyone's eardrums out! :)
    almost ripped apart my lucky shirt though.. they called while i was changing :p

20. AlwaysImproving

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Dang, that is a fast-acting lucky shirt :D

Send it over to my house plz :laugh:

21. binaryworld

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    My phone actually woke me up in the morning, but when I realized who it was I woke up really quickly. A voice said, "I just wanted to call to say congratulations! We would like to offer you..." and then my cell phone lost service! (happens frequently at my house)
    About 20 seconds later he called back... "You okay? I just wanted to make sure you didn't faint or anything. Anyways, as I was saying, blah blah..." Luckily it didn't cut out a second time.

I'd love to hear the stories of the admissions faculty on this subject. I'm sure they some good ones to tell!

22. DrillerC

DrillerC Good Luck Everyone
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    When I got a call from Michigan notifying my acceptance I was pretty happy, but I have a monotonous voice so I know I didn't sound excited over the phone.

The lady that called me sounded sad that I wasn't crying with joy.