If you have time, in need of some advice on overall application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

My Fe-Lung

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok... here's me (I know I don't hold a candle to about 90% of posters on this board but that's ok with me):

graduated last may w/ zoology, BA

BCPM OVERALL
OVERALL 3.02 3.22
Freshman 2.51 2.78
Sophomore 2.91 3.11
Junior 3.20 3.48
Senior 3.46 3.47
* i took pretty hard 400 level classes my junior/senior year

MCATs: 24 :( (i just took them again last week and believe i did alot better)

I think my EC's and PS are very good

I'm working on secondaries now and here are my ?'s:
- These schools know i'm taking the MCATS again, so will they most likely put my file to the side and wait for my second MCAT scores to come in do you think? They wont totally dismiss me w/o seeing those scores will they?
- As far as LOR, it seems pretty standard that most schools want 2 science/ 1 nonscience on university letterhead. If I have two from physicians i've worked with do you just send those to the admissions office as well? will they look at these?

Thanks for your advice ;)

Members don't see this ad.

My Fe-Lung said:
I'm working on secondaries now and here are my ?'s:
- These schools know i'm taking the MCATS again, so will they most likely put my file to the side and wait for my second MCAT scores to come in do you think? They wont totally dismiss me w/o seeing those scores will they?
- As far as LOR, it seems pretty standard that most schools want 2 science/ 1 nonscience on university letterhead. If I have two from physicians i've worked with do you just send those to the admissions office as well? will they look at these?

Thanks for your advice ;)

Many schools will wait until your most recent MCAT scores come in until they review your entire file. However, this may not be true for all schools... they may screen you based on GPA to decide whether you will receive a secondary. Some schools send secondaries out to everyone. If you send it in before your most recent scores come out, they will probably put your file on hold. Just depends. Each school has different rules about LORs. Some schools will accept up to 2-3 additional LORs from the required ones. Best thing to do is look into this on each school's admissions website or call them. Good luck :)