if you've been complete for a LONG time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...and you have not yet heard anything from the school, what does this mean? a lot of these schools I am noticing are giving interviews to people who were recently complete, even if it was a month....i've been done with everything since july/august.

what are they doing with my application if they most likely already reviewed it?

Members don't see this ad.

...and you have not yet heard anything from the school, what does this mean? a lot of these schools I am noticing are giving interviews to people who were recently complete, even if it was a month....i've been done with everything since july/august.

what are they doing with my application if they most likely already reviewed it?

I believe my application is being used for scrap paper at some schools :laugh:

i was just about to start a thread on this? i have been complete since august 8th and like you, i see that people who have been completed later are receiving interviews. does this mean we should call and ask about the status of our application? maybe it's on some adcom's desk gathering dust. any of you successful interviewees have any suggestions?

also, i was thinking maybe i should send letters of intent, but those are for those who have ALREADY interviewed and are awaiting final decisions correct? it's a fine line between showing interest and being downright annoying, so i just want to be cautious :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd contact them, except if they have specificaly stated that they would rather not hear from you at all.

I think what they do is give out interviews in waves. The first round is in september and early october and these go to the april mcater's who are the strongest applicants. These are students who would get interviews no matter when they applied. I think they wait on the mid range poeple because of August test takers. once the august test scores hit they give out interviews to the strongest august test takers. once that is complete, then the go for the mid range students. I am thinking this is around nov-dec-early january. The mid range students have a very decent shot at getting in and are most likely interviewing for a spot in the class. The last round is in late january and onward, and these are the students who are competing for the last spots in the class and the waitlist positions. I wouldnt be discouraged yet, especially if you are a middle of the road applicant.

maybe it's on some adcom's desk gathering dust. any of you successful interviewees have any suggestions?

this was actually the case with one of my friends last year. it was under some papers on an adcom's desk until his dad called the school (he was an alumni of the med school) and they started looking for the application. he finally got his interview in jan/feb.

this was actually the case with one of my friends last year. it was under some papers on an adcom's desk until his dad called the school (he was an alumni of the med school) and they started looking for the application. he finally got his interview in jan/feb.

Ouch. I'm glad they found it! I would hate to think that my app has been misplaced like that at like all 9 remaining schools for me simultaneously! Have been complete most everywhere since August/beginning of Sept. ... but havn't heard a peep in quite some time. Sigh ...

allen makes a really good point. it is early on for interviews. i don't think it's a terrible idea to contact the schools and see what's up (i already contacted GW.....somehow i'm still in the need to be reviewed pile while other people who were complete way after me have already interviewed :confused: ). there are a bunch of schools i would like to call.....but i don't remember which ones are the type to get angry or not. maybe we should start a thread on contactable schools :p actually, i think there was this thread last year, but i don't know what it could have been called

I got three interviews in a one week span last year from about August 25 to September 1, and then complete silence everywhere else until the March rejection letters went out. People did get interviews into January from schools they had been complete at for months though.

It took 1 school 2 months to interview me after giving others invites in only a couple weeks. Definitely don't count yourself out yet!