iFlash Step1 Project

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DS71Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for Volunteers who are MAC users to help in creating an iFLASH cardset for all of STEP1 FIRST AID.

I need 10 volunteers to make cards for about 50 pages of text at a rate of about 10 pages an hour (That is the slowest rate I am able to achieve). Requirement must be that you own a legitimate copy of STEP1 2008 First Aid

I will send you a .pdf of all your assigned pages scanned and OCRed (means you can select copy and paste). It is real simple just copy and paste the answer text right from the .pdf of FIRST AID to the 2nd side of a flash card making sure it is an appropriately manageable size to memorize. Make a reasonable prompt for the first side based on the text you copied. If there are any diagrams or pictures use the GRAB feature in the PREVIEW program that comes with a mac to select a picture (make sure to zoom in so it is as big as possible) copy and paste the picture to the 3rd side.

I have done the first 50 pages. Now I need help with the rest. Once completed I will send all the iFLASH cards to everyone who volunteered.

I am looking for people who will do a thorough job so that everyone benefits. Project starts today and ends when I get 10 volunteers to complete the project by 8/1/2008. Study in August. Just 5 hours! come on!

Send me an email directly if you want to join.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Dave

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First Aid is copyrighted. Making a set of flashcards for your own use is probably legit under the banner of fair use, but copying and distributing that text is not.

Thanks for the copyright notice. I amended my request to include only those responders who are actually owners of the text. This should be just about everyone studying for step1.

Also, I realize there are other card sets out there, but none will be as thorough with diagrams and the ability to make audiobooks out of the flash cards to study while working out. Pretty sweet all around with iFlash. So lets try!

Dave

Thanks for the copyright notice. I amended my request to include only those responders who are actually owners of the text. This should be just about everyone studying for step1.
:thumbup:

Copyright is a pain. I think that a group of people who already own FA making cards using exact text and sharing them would fall under fair use, but I'm not positive (not a lawyer). At least you'd probably not get the hammer if someone got ticked about it. ;)

And I'd volunteer, but I've already taken step 1 and don't plan on ever opening that book again.