This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YaBeenPharminLong?

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking soon and a job offer is at stake. Any advice from recent takers? Any tips on how to figure out exam result before waiting the long non-electronic score reporting period?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! Also congrats! How long until you found out that you passed, and how were you notified?

I was never notified of my score. I was a reciprocity applicant so I didn't need to go through Continental Testing. I was just issued my license about 2 weeks after my registration closed for the MPJE with NABP

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was never notified of my score. I was a reciprocity applicant so I didn't need to go through Continental Testing. I was just issued my license about 2 weeks after my registration closed for the MPJE with NABP
Gotcha. Same here - reciprocity. Waiting on results to confirm a job offer. Would really be a relief to find out sooner vs later. Sigh.

I took the MPJE on 3/6. Still waiting for any results. Have been checking continental testing website and Illinois pharmacy license looking like every few hours. I just want to know so I know whether I need to study again. Would like to find a job before all the Illinois pharmacy schools graduate their kids and the market gets saturated. The wait is agonizing.

I took the MPJE on 3/6. Still waiting for any results. Have been checking continental testing website and Illinois pharmacy license looking like every few hours. I just want to know so I know whether I need to study again. Would like to find a job before all the Illinois pharmacy schools graduate their kids and the market gets saturated. The wait is agonizing.
The wait seems a bit unreasonable. Are you doing license transfer?

The wait seems a bit unreasonable. Are you doing license transfer?
Yeah license transfer from Michigan. Wife is getting relocated out to Illinois. I emailed somebody from continental testing and they said it could be a few more weeks. Really don't know how hard it is to input scores, but I guess people ask why it's so hard to put pills in a bottle.

Yeah license transfer from Michigan. Wife is getting relocated out to Illinois. I emailed somebody from continental testing and they said it could be a few more weeks. Really don't know how hard it is to input scores, but I guess people ask why it's so hard to put pills in a bottle.
Lol. Have you checked IDFPR website? Ive read on here that people have seen their name show up on the idfpr verify license page before they are actually notified by idfpr

I license transferred too. My MPJE registration closed on 2/23 and never heard a peep about my score. On 3/10 I got an email explaining how I can access and print my Illinois license. Never actually got a score, just got a license.
Thanks for that info!

I license transferred too. My MPJE registration closed on 2/23 and never heard a peep about my score. On 3/10 I got an email explaining how I can access and print my Illinois license. Never actually got a score, just got a license.
Were you ever able to access your score on the continental testing website?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, a score was never uploaded, I also did not register with Continental Testing.
Yeah same. I registered through Nabp. So from the sound of it, if you're doing a license transfer from another state, continental testing doesn't appear to upload the score. I guess it's just gonna be the waiting game.

Yeah same. I registered through Nabp. So from the sound of it, if you're doing a license transfer from another state, continental testing doesn't appear to upload the score. I guess it's just gonna be the waiting game.
I know someone else who took IL MPJE on 3/6 (license transfer) and still has not heard results yet. Just want to check - have you heard back yet? Based on the timeframe that Digsbe mentioned above, Im guessing you and the person I know both may get an email this upcoming Saturday 3/24...

I know someone else who took IL MPJE on 3/6 (license transfer) and still has not heard results yet. Just want to check - have you heard back yet? Based on the timeframe that Digsbe mentioned above, Im guessing you and the person I know both may get an email this upcoming Saturday 3/24...
Have not heard back. I'll let you know when I do.

I purchased the review material directly from Dr. Rickert for $100. I purchased in 2017 and I know there have been changes to pharmacy practice act in 2018. Dr. Rickert can be reached at [email protected]. I filled out the attached registration form.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180321-064457.png
    Screenshot_20180321-064457.png
    262.8 KB · Views: 170
Have you heard anything yet? I have not and same with my friend who took on 3/6. This wait period is not ok! I have a pending job offer.
Still nothing. It's probably a combination of spring break, tech and pharmacists renewals. One of the pdms I've been in contact with in Illinois told me it can take up to 5 weeks. I'm just worried because it's been this long that I've failed. :(

Hi, thought I should join you guys. I took IL MPJE on 3/8, still haven't heard. I talked to the NABP on the phone during their website renewal and the person told me IDFPR downloaded my score on 3/12, but DPR said it will take ~10 days for the score to get to their system. I also took it at Pearson not continental.
Have you noticed you can purchase the score review for $100 on the new NABP website or is it just me? It is so tempting but at the same time, I don't know what kind of information they provide and am really nervous that I failed. It doesn't say whether I passed or failed.

Hi, thought I should join you guys. I took IL MPJE on 3/8, still haven't heard. I talked to the NABP on the phone during their website renewal and the person told me IDFPR downloaded my score on 3/12, but DPR said it will take ~10 days for the score to get to their system. I also took it at Pearson not continental.
Have you noticed you can purchase the score review for $100 on the new NABP website or is it just me? It is so tempting but at the same time, I don't know what kind of information they provide and am really nervous that I failed. It doesn't say whether I passed or failed.

NAPLEX and MPJE Online Score Review Process
On occasion, a candidate may believe that the score reported is not accurate. It is extremely unlikely that a
score will be changed through the review process. However, should a candidate request to have a NAPLEX or
MPJE score reviewed, they must do so after scores are released to the respective board of pharmacy. Within 60
days of the exam date, the request must be submitted online by logging into your NABP e-Profile and selecting
the Application History tab and then selecting Purchase Score Review. The fee for a NAPLEX or MPJE score
review is $100 per examination and may be paid via MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit or debit cards.
You will be informed in writing of the score review results within two to four weeks.
The rescore process includes a manual inspection of the examinee’s test session, which includes but is not
limited to the following: answer patterns, time spent to respond to items, performance on scored versus non-
scored items, and performance on various item formats. Upon verification that the exam was delivered as
intended and that no technical anomaly occurred during the test session, the candidate’s score is recomputed
via an independent scoring tool. The rescore process does not include the review of item content.

From the sounds of it, they don't give you much information. Probably not worth it. But if you decide to do the score review, share your experience.

NAPLEX and MPJE Online Score Review Process
On occasion, a candidate may believe that the score reported is not accurate. It is extremely unlikely that a
score will be changed through the review process. However, should a candidate request to have a NAPLEX or
MPJE score reviewed, they must do so after scores are released to the respective board of pharmacy. Within 60
days of the exam date, the request must be submitted online by logging into your NABP e-Profile and selecting
the Application History tab and then selecting Purchase Score Review. The fee for a NAPLEX or MPJE score
review is $100 per examination and may be paid via MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit or debit cards.
You will be informed in writing of the score review results within two to four weeks.
The rescore process includes a manual inspection of the examinee’s test session, which includes but is not
limited to the following: answer patterns, time spent to respond to items, performance on scored versus non-
scored items, and performance on various item formats. Upon verification that the exam was delivered as
intended and that no technical anomaly occurred during the test session, the candidate’s score is recomputed
via an independent scoring tool. The rescore process does not include the review of item content.

From the sounds of it, they don't give you much information. Probably not worth it. But if you decide to do the score review, share your experience.

Thanks!!
I digged some more & most people don’t recommend it. But it just increased my anxiety level to the max. Why would I need the option for review if I passed? Sigh....

Hi - thought I would join this thread as I am in a similar situation as most of you it sounds. I am transferring RPh license to the state of Illinois. I took the IL MPJE on 2/14. I have called IDFPR a handful of times over the past 6 weeks and they continue to state they have never received my score. I called NABP and they confirmed the score was submitted on 2/20. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. No one at IDFPR has been helpful. If anyone uncovers a phone number / email of a contact at IDFPR to help resolve, that would be great. Look forward to hearing how things continue to progress for you all and I will keep everyone posted as well. What a frustrating situation to say the least. Unacceptable.

I finally heard from IL BOP (tested 3/12)! Good news thankfully - that exam was tricky to say the least. The person I know who tested on 3/6 also received an email with their license.
I had been repeatedly calling (the generic unhelpful 800 number) and emailing ([email protected]) the board and when someone finally emailed me back, they said that the reason for the delay was due to NABP system shutdown 3/20-4/2. I dont trust that info because I confirmed with NABP a while back that they sent my mpje score to IL BOP on 3/16. So I have a feeling that the delay was entirely due to BOP and they need a scapegoat. Either way, I hope everyone receives good news soon, because this wait to be licensed is unreasonable!

Thanks!!
I digged some more & most people don’t recommend it. But it just increased my anxiety level to the max. Why would I need the option for review if I passed? Sigh....
I just checked my NABP account and it gives me the option to do score review for IL MPJE. I passed

I just checked my NABP account and it gives me the option to do score review for IL MPJE. I passed

Congrats!! and thanks for letting me know.

And Yes DPR said they never received my score repeatedly until I told them the date they downloaded my score. Then they changed their words that it will take time to process.
I hope I receive the score soon!

Hey everyone! I tested 3/20, the day that NABP started to go through all the updates. I have also contacted IDFPR a million times, almost everyday and they also said they haven’t received my score yet. Did anyone who tested around the same time as me hear back yet? I’m going on 3 weeks now. :/

Hey everyone! I tested 3/20, the day that NABP started to go through all the updates. I have also contacted IDFPR a million times, almost everyday and they also said they haven’t received my score yet. Did anyone who tested around the same time as me hear back yet? I’m going on 3 weeks now. :/

I haven't heard. I tested on 3/8. NABP released the score on 3/12. It's now the 5th week of waiting. Called IDFPR again after the original poster who took the test on a later date than I did got the results and still said they haven't received my score and may take 7 weeks. I emailed them last week and still waiting to hear back.
Probably means either IDFPR isn't organized or the letter of failure is on the way. Either way, I need a closure so I can move on!!

Final update for me. Took the test 3/6. I was super annoyed that I hadn't heard anything yet. So I started my daily annoying calls and emails to both ILDPR and NABP. The lady at Ildpr days they hadn't received my score yet which I find that incredibly hard to believe. So I contacted the NABP to see if they were telling me the truth or if I were lied to, leaning towards the ladder. Calling nabp is useless as they had extreme call volumes and keeps disconnecting me. I reluctantly emailed them waiting for a response. I emailed Jodi at ildpr last week and never received a response back. I then emailed a Robert gerton at ildpr, he was on a letter I received when my att was approved and had mentioned to contact him if I had any questions. I haven't received a response from any of the emails I sent out yet. But looking up my name on the Illinois license lookup, my active license number finally showed up. I feel like my annoying these people paid off. Congrats to people finally hearing back. My advice is don't be patient with these people anymore. Be proactive and start pushing the agenda.

I also heard back today and am licensed finally. I agree with the person above, keep bugging them until you get your answers.

For the people who finally got their licenses, did you ever find out your mpje score and how did you find it out? Also, how long did it take for the score to get sent to you? Since Illinois doesn't send out physical licenses anymore, I figured they don't send you the score through snail mail either. In the grand scheme of things, if you got a license that means you passed and that's all that should really matter. Still would like to know my score for my own pride.

Last edited:
I checked last night and my license was active! I would like to know my score too! I wonder if they send it in the mail? For those of you waiting for your results, keep checking the website to see if your license is active. There is a delay from when your license is active and when they send you an email of how to print your license. Best wishes to all of you!

In regards to Dr. Rickert materials, does anyone know how major the Illinois law changes have been in 2018? Could I get away with using his packet from 2016, or is it best to purchase the updated 2018 one?

In regards to Dr. Rickert materials, does anyone know how major the Illinois law changes have been in 2018? Could I get away with using his packet from 2016, or is it best to purchase the updated 2018 one?
You could probably get away with 2016. I would look at the what's new section on Illinois board of pharmacy website. They talk about the new counseling law. I was also asked a few questions about counseling requirements by mail order pharmacies.

Just found out I passed today, well barely passed, my score was a 75! I highly suggest Dr. Rickert's packet for the Illinois law review.

hi i am reciprocating my license also can you tell me how you went about doing the process? it is different from florida.. I called NABP, IDFPR, and continental... the IL bop told me that i had to apply through NABP for license transfer... that much I know.. however.. they said once I received a letter from NABP i should apply through the IL BOP and pay $200 fee as well as apply through continetal and pay them a fee! this process is so confusing.. i guess because they don't do online scoring I'm not use to their process... some guidance would be greatly appreciated.. also did you test through pearson vue?

Just found out I passed today, well barely passed, my score was a 75! I highly suggest Dr. Rickert's packet for the Illinois law review.

I took the exam yday and studied Rickert's packet but I thought the exam questions were so hard. I'm so scared waiting for my score. Did you feel the same way when you took it?

I took the exam yday and studied Rickert's packet but I thought the exam questions were so hard. I'm so scared waiting for my score. Did you feel the same way when you took it?
How many times did you read the packet? I'm taking it soon but my residency starts Monday and I am terrified that I didn't give myself enough time to study for it.

How many times did you read the packet? I'm taking it soon but my residency starts Monday and I am terrified that I didn't give myself enough time to study for it.

I read it a few times thoroughly. I've heard from prior students that they only read it twice and passed. Maybe I'm just a bad test taker. It's hard because the answers all sound good sometimes or I'll be stuck between 2 and cant decide which way to go. They also threw a few things on there that I had never heard of but those could have been pilot questions. I just feel like crap lol. I'm so anxious I'm having a hard time trying to focus on studying for naplex.

Yea, I felt like complete crap leaving the exam. And if you thought it was hard, then you probably did well since the questions get harder as you get more questions right.

hi i am reciprocating my license also can you tell me how you went about doing the process? it is different from florida.. I called NABP, IDFPR, and continental... the IL bop told me that i had to apply through NABP for license transfer... that much I know.. however.. they said once I received a letter from NABP i should apply through the IL BOP and pay $200 fee as well as apply through continetal and pay them a fee! this process is so confusing.. i guess because they don't do online scoring I'm not use to their process... some guidance would be greatly appreciated.. also did you test through pearson vue?
Hi..
I have the same situation ... I received the Preliminary Application for Transfer of Pharmaceutic Licensure from NAPB and I am now waiting for Illinois board of pharmacy response.. Do I have to mail out this form to the board? Do I have to pay the transfer fee now? It has been more than a month since I received the form and I would greatly appreciate any guidance.
Thanks in advance!