I'll post a question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdaddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I am curious if any of you know the truth about what a new graduate podiatrist earns. I am curious because one of the big selling tactics of the AACPM is about making big bucks and still having time with your family. I have heard in other forums that new grads are lucky to even have a job. They say that they make about $30,000- $40,000. Other reports claim new grads make about $70,000 and go up from there. What do you think? By the way, I'm not money-hungry, just married with 2 kids and I need to be able to support them. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There are many factors that go into calculating what you will earn. It can not be based on those averages because the profession is very small and surgical training plays a huge role in potential earnings. Search the podiatry forum on newtork 54 and you might find the info there. Make sure to check all the posts for the last year. And do not take advice from current students who basically repeat the propaganda that the APMA spews out, because some of them are still in a cloud of denial. It is common to find graduates of these school switching medical careers EVEN after residencies to pursue a medical degree(M.D. If you are married with kids, please be very careful before you choose this profession especially if you have to take out loans in excess of 100,000. Podiatry is having MAJOR problems as evidenced by all the negativity on their forums unlike the MD,DO,DDS,RN students on this forum. There is a reason why the pre-podiatry forum will never have any posts. With 300-400 TOTAL APPLICANTS for700+ seats, there obviously something wrong. In my opinion, the profession does not have the size or unity to survive. If they do not change now for the better, they will have to assimilate with medical schools and become another specialty. Because no medical profession can survive with no students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats up Dfiant? Long time no hear. How is Main campus, hope it's more fun than China Town. Just wondering why u bumped up this thread? BTW they are relocating us to the Kardon house for the summer have u been inside there? I think it's on 10th and berk.

I was bored (and decompressing after our Biochem exam) and decided to bump up the oldest thread on a few of the forums. Things are ok on Main (actually the med school is on the Health Sciences Campus). I guess the grass is greener on the other side because I would LOVE to go to school in Chinatown. At least you guys have a lot of stuff down there, here we are surrounded by the hospital, dental school, pharm school, and a few meal trucks. I would love to be able to grab some "real" food during lunch or pop over to Olde City after class. I have never been to Kardon House, but 10th and Berk is a ways away. I don't know about you guys but we are two exams away from being MS2s!

Sandj, I have a couple of questions for you if you dont mind. 1. What Podiatry school did you graduate from? 2. What type residency did you get? 3. Where do you practice Podiatry?

I read somewhere that the APMA reports a 64% increase in applications this year. Just thought that is a interesting tidbit

cg; sandj's post was from 2 years ago. Dfiant, oops, I forgot you were located at the HSC campus. We just had our last physiology exam-endocrinology(yuk!). We too will soon be 2nd year. I geuss your right we have more food choices and the bars and clubs are all in walking distance. But Ive been up to the hospital, some of those "johnny carts" have fairly decent food!