You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2026
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2026hopeful
Full Member
Im not brave. But maybe someone is.. dying over hereOooo somebody brave call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2026hopeful
Full Member
Maybe tomorrow. Ugh.
2026hopeful
Full Member
I am not brave enough. Scared of the answer
If they said the letters will be mailed the 14th, hold off until several days after that to call. Yall were given a timeline to watch out for; if yall call now, you'll be reminded of that as your answer.
charleyhorse
Full Member
I called! They said— “There isn’t a specific date yet but very soon”
charleyhorse
Full Member
I thought the dean had said that emails would go out before hard copies.If they said the letters will be mailed the 14th, hold off until several days after that to call. Yall were given a timeline to watch out for; if yall call now, you'll be reminded of that as your answer.
Yes they did say that.I thought the dean had said that emails would go out before hard copies.
I have a feeling we’ll be waiting through the weekend. Anyone know what time of day they send things out? At this point I’m desperate and grasping at anything 😭😭
The passing phase 1 and interview offer emails were sent in the late afternoon (between 4 and 4:30 CT), so I’ve been expecting it around then. But I’m not sure if the decisions in past years followed that trendI have a feeling we’ll be waiting through the weekend. Anyone know what time of day they send things out? At this point I’m desperate and grasping at anything 😭😭
I'm not sure about any previous years, but last year the email I got came in around 2 CT. So I've been expecting this year's email to also be sent in the afternoonThe passing phase 1 and interview offer emails were sent in the late afternoon (between 4 and 4:30 CT), so I’ve been expecting it around then. But I’m not sure if the decisions in past years followed that trend
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS accepted! check your emails!
OOS accepted!
IS accepted!
charleyhorse
Full Member
OOS acceptance!
OOS acceptance 🙂
IS ACCEPTANCE!!!! IS THIS REAL???? AAAAHHHHHHHH
2026hopeful
Full Member
IS acceptance. Congrats to all
andydoctor
Full Member
OOS ACCEPTANCE. i'm shaking this is my first acceptance of the cycle and I couldn't be more appreciative.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Acceptance!!! I literally cannot believe it. After two years of being told no by schools, I began to not even believe in myself. So thankful for Illinois for seeing something in me and giving me this opportunity. One more interview to go, but my heart is with Illinois right now
JVetStudent
Full Member
IS acceptance 🙂 good job everyone!!
IS alternate :/ but Congrats to everybody who received good news today!! Anybody know what number to look out for if the admissions officd calls with an offer? I'm not too hopeful but just wanna make sure I look out just in case 🙂
I don’t remember the actual number that called me for the waitlist, but it was a 217 area code and they will usually only start to pull people after April 15. Deposits need to be postmarked by the 15th so I’d expect them to start calling sometime the following week so all the mail can trickle in. I got my call 1 week later and the acceptance deadline was a Monday.IS alternate :/ but Congrats to everybody who received good news today!! Anybody know what number to look out for if the admissions officd calls with an offer? I'm not too hopeful but just wanna make sure I look out just in case 🙂
Contact ASA and you can ask to set one up. I don’t believe they will do them until after the April 15 deadline but they will schedule them and they do fill up their review slots I’ve heard.IS alternate :/ anyone know how to go about requesting a file review?
Great, now I actually have to answer all of the 217 spam calls I get (I have a 217 number so I get like one a day😩)I don’t remember the actual number that called me for the waitlist, but it was a 217 area code and they will usually only start to pull people after April 15. Deposits need to be postmarked by the 15th so I’d expect them to start calling sometime the following week so all the mail can trickle in. I got my call 1 week later and the acceptance deadline was a Monday.
Yes make sure you answer because I ignored all calls thinking they were scams, come to find to out Alan was trying to reach me to pull me off the alternate list 😅Great, now I actually have to answer all of the 217 spam calls I get (I have a 217 number so I get like one a day😩)
tmpatterson
Full Member
OOS Acceptance!
Congrats to everyone who got good news today!!!! Hugs to those who were placed on the alternate 💜 it doesn’t mean you were not a good applicant, it just means they didn’t have enough space for everyone. If you make it to interviews in any given year, it means illinois thinks you’re qualified enough in that pool of applicants. It sucks being an alternate and it sucks a lot to have to reapply, but you all got this 💜💜💜💜💜
I don't think there will be one this year, they're hoping to start it for next year I think. But you can always schedule a tour!! Request a Tour - Veterinary Medicine at IllinoisDoes anyone know if Illinois is doing any sort of accepted students day where we could come visit?
Is there a facebook group for our class yet??? :-o
Last edited:
Usually the SAVMA members from the year above will start it! Hopefully it’ll be soon?Is there a facebook group for our class yet??? :-o
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I’m a current first year so feel free to message me if y’all have any questions!!
2026hopeful
Full Member
Anyone know good or bad areas to look to live?
Not north of downtown Champaign, generally up by the mall is less than ideal, east of philo is generally good to avoid for the most part. Savoy is good and many students live there. I live in west Champaign and know a good amount of people live out this way too.Anyone know good or bad areas to look to live?
A ton of first years live at the village. I will say however when I got accepted I jumped in to sign a lease and had a horrible experience there. I ended up moving during first semester because of safety concerns so really don’t recommend it. Fairlawn village in urbana is nice and only a mile from school! Courtyards and Stone Ridge are also popular! Also I know when I was accepted I was really excited to talk to current students and see what life was like at uiuc. A few of us 1st years run an instagram @vet.herd feel free to message us on there about anything vet school related!Anyone know good or bad areas to look to live?