Illinois MPJE Remedial Education Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Egethepege

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening all!

I have a question regarding remedial education for the Illinois MPJE. I have to do remedial education after three exam failure in my state of Illinois; 1 NAPLEX, 2 MPJE. Now I was able to pass the NAPLEX on my second attempt, but law has been a tricky one for me. I've gotten 73/74 on the attempts and after getting my results back in the end of November I have been waiting for the information packet IDFPR said they would send me since when I called (horrible office to deal with, the individual I spoke to knew absolutely nothing about the packet itself or anything else other than for me to expect it after the holidays). After having waited for the holidays to end I finally got fed up waiting on the state and gave them a call to which they told me that I need to get remedial education with a pharmacist in Illinois on the subject by working with this pharmacist to create an outline of how I'll study and approach the subjects I struggled in.

Here's where I need some help:
Illinois MPJE results tell you nothing and are not helpful at all indicating where you struggled and where you can improve upon in the future. I have no idea where to start on an outline with a pharmacist (of whom I need to find one to work with) on the entirety of Illinois Law. Does anyone have any previous experience with remedial education in Illinois and remedial work for the MPJE overall?

Thank you in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well for some reason he did respond to my inquiry within 3 days. Just sayin’.
did you ask him about remedial education or something else? I responded to him a day after he emailed me to let him know I was interested (at the beginning of January) and I haven't heard from him since

did you ask him about remedial education or something else? I responded to him a day after he emailed me to let him know I was interested (at the beginning of January) and I haven't heard from him since

I asked about something else. Maybe you could do a follow up email.

The key is to at a glance understand a right or a very wrong answer. The only way to achieve this is by practicing his practice tests which include topics from fires in a pharmacy, drunk pharmacists, docs from 200 miles away calling in scripts, mid level practitioners and controlled substance prescriptions, and tons of general pharmacy practice and controlled substance questions.

I studied for IL MPJE only focusing on his recent packet and practice questions. Like most people (I would say), passed by 1-3 points above the 75 threshold. The actual MPJE is very much like his test. Questions are all case based for the most part.

Also, I found knowing a lot about remote pharmacies is helpful too.

The key is to at a glance understand a right or a very wrong answer. The only way to achieve this is by practicing his practice tests which include topics from fires in a pharmacy, drunk pharmacists, docs from 200 miles away calling in scripts, mid level practitioners and controlled substance prescriptions, and tons of general pharmacy practice and controlled substance questions.

I studied for IL MPJE only focusing on his recent packet and practice questions. Like most people (I would say), passed by 1-3 points above the 75 threshold. The actual MPJE is very much like his test. Questions are all case based for the most part.

Also, I found knowing a lot about remote pharmacies is helpful too.
whose test are you taking about?

Good evening all!

I have a question regarding remedial education for the Illinois MPJE. I have to do remedial education after three exam failure in my state of Illinois; 1 NAPLEX, 2 MPJE. Now I was able to pass the NAPLEX on my second attempt, but law has been a tricky one for me. I've gotten 73/74 on the attempts and after getting my results back in the end of November I have been waiting for the information packet IDFPR said they would send me since when I called (horrible office to deal with, the individual I spoke to knew absolutely nothing about the packet itself or anything else other than for me to expect it after the holidays). After having waited for the holidays to end I finally got fed up waiting on the state and gave them a call to which they told me that I need to get remedial education with a pharmacist in Illinois on the subject by working with this pharmacist to create an outline of how I'll study and approach the subjects I struggled in.

Illinois MPJE results tell you nothing and are not helpful at all indicating where you struggled and where you can improve upon in the future. I have no idea where to start on an outline with a pharmacist (of whom I need to find one to work with) on the entirety of Illinois Law. Does anyone have any previous experience with remedial education in Illinois and remedial work for the MPJE overall?

Thank you in advanced!

Hi,
I am in the same exact situation and I am waiting on getting my remedial packet. My question is, what should be mentioned in the outline, can I create it and send it to the IDFPR for approval before I get my packet. What was your experience?

I would really appreciate your help thank you!

Good evening all!

Thank you in advanced!

Can you please provide me a link or sites to even begin studying for the Illinois law. Any input would help

Good evening all!

Thank you in advanced!
I know you probably wont see this since it has been a year, but Im in a similar situation and was wondering what your outcome was with the remedial education? Did you end up passing on the 3rd attempt? If so, what helped you? Thanks!!

Hello,
Can someone explain me, if I fail Mpje, do I need to retake naplex ?
Or if I don't pass mpje within 1 year after taking naplex, do I have to retake naplex ?

Thank you!