Im a little confused as to when to review first year material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olivarynucleus

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, starting m2 in a couple weeks, and I figured I would use FA, pathoma, goljan, and q bank ( usmle rx or Kaplan) along with my second year classes. We had anatomy, biochem, immunology, and neuro anat/ pyhs during first year, when exactly am I suppose to review those? I would be too busy with M2 material to study them through the year. Are we suppose to study first year stuff during Christmas break? Only during dedicated period? How much first year stuff shows up on the actual test?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You can realistically dedicate some time almost daily to review. For example, there are hundreds and hundreds of students doing 1-2hrs for firecracker review almost daily. Not saying you have to go that route, but if you want to review, there is absolutely time to do both. Just make it a habit. For example, I did 1hr before class every day and it was just routine.

Reactions: 1 user
I would start asap. I am not one of the smartest med students out there, but most students feel like they run out of time toward there step1 exam date.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what would be the best way to consistently review the old material? Just do online question banks, such as Kaplan's, throughout M2?

You can realistically dedicate some time almost daily to review. For example, there are hundreds and hundreds of students doing 1-2hrs for firecracker review almost daily. Not saying you have to go that route, but if you want to review, there is absolutely time to do both. Just make it a habit. For example, I did 1hr before class every day and it was just routine.
What, now during the summer? How do you know this? J/w

What, now during the summer? How do you know this? J/w

I was more referring to during the semester since he was talking about a M2 plan, but yes FC is still very active during the summer as well. I'd rather not say how I know to keep some anonymity.

Review physio for each organ system as you learn them 2nd year. Anatomy you don't have to go crazy over but if you feel real bad about it go over BRS sometimes. Biochem just pick a topic each week and learn it inside out. Draw the pathways 100x with relevant diseases and all co factors. Just keep cycling through it.

Reactions: 3 users
Review physio for each organ system as you learn them 2nd year. Anatomy you don't have to go crazy over but if you feel real bad about it go over BRS sometimes. Biochem just pick a topic each week and learn it inside out. Draw the pathways 100x with relevant diseases and all co factors. Just keep cycling through it.
Is it practical to draw all the pathways out when it is basically just memorizing?

Hi, starting m2 in a couple weeks, and I figured I would use FA, pathoma, goljan, and q bank ( usmle rx or Kaplan) along with my second year classes. We had anatomy, biochem, immunology, and neuro anat/ pyhs during first year, when exactly am I suppose to review those? I would be too busy with M2 material to study them through the year. Are we suppose to study first year stuff during Christmas break? Only during dedicated period? How much first year stuff shows up on the actual test?
Why not uworld?