I'm Canadian, UNECOM vs TouroCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Simmbaa

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I have been accepted to TouroCOM Harlem and UNECOM - and I'm trying to make a difficult decision about which school to choose. Any advice/experiences/information that isn't readily available you think I should know?

Main areas of concerns I am weighing:

-The fact that Touro-NY is a newer school (I felt the admin was quite disorganized the day of my interview) vs the much more established UNECOM

-Touro-NY is ofcourse more urban

-Quality of rotations/rotation sites -- any input here how the two school would compare? Both are independent schools w/o a hospital system on site, but is there a difference b/w the two?

Any Canadians out there matriculating at UNECOM or Touro this year --- please get in touch! I'm trying to find the Facebook group for Touro COM 2020 but have had zero luck.

Thanks for any information!