SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I'm declining at _________ : 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by mlb_25, Jan 11, 2018.

1. mlb_25

mlb_25

Jan 6, 2017
    Similar to the "I'm Attending" post, but this one will provide more information as to where spots are opening up at other programs for those still waiting to hear back. Feel free to share where you have declined admission or interviews, withdrawn applications, and of course where you will be attending. Also, a reminder to contact your accepted schools and respectfully decline if you have decided to attend elsewhere. :)

I will be declining my spot at Northern Illinois tomorrow and putting my deposit down at Rutgers - South. I will be attending interviews at Regis and the University of Montana at the end of the month.

Elauz likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Elauz

Elauz

Oct 4, 2017
    I've declined at Mary Baldwin/Murphy Deming, Lynchburg, UNE, Marymount, and Radford. I'm putting my deposit down at Shenandoah (yaay!) but still keeping my fingers crossed for VCU.

4. Snovella

Snovella

Nov 5, 2017
    This is a good one! It will help us (the ones on waitlists) be able to see how many spots might become available.
    I’m hoping to get into UNE

Elauz likes this.
  5. DPTbound101

DPTbound101

Dec 16, 2017
    So far I’m declining at Arcadia university, Samuel Merritt University, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Southern California and University of Delaware (that was a hard decision).

PassionateDPT21 likes this.
  6. PassionateDPT21

PassionateDPT21

Dec 28, 2017
    Does that mean you're still choosing Drexel so far?

DPTbound101 likes this.
  7. DPTbound101

DPTbound101

Dec 16, 2017
    Yes it does! :) As of now I feel like Drexel has the most well rounded program for me, where I don’t feel like I have to “compromise” to go to a certain university. (And the nice size scholarship sweetens the deal haha) I’m so excited!

What schools are you between now? Is a Drexel still one of your top?

8. PassionateDPT21

PassionateDPT21

Dec 28, 2017
    Yes, I'm pretty set on Drexel! I'm still going to see how things play out between another school or two but those are probably too far out of reach. I am seriously so lucky to get the chance with Drexel! We will have to let each other know if anything changes

DPTbound101 likes this.
  9. DPTbound101

DPTbound101

Dec 16, 2017
    Yay! It’s great to hear that you are still highly considering Drexel :joyful: I will definitely post my “official” desicion on the forum, I’ll be looking out for yours too.

Where are you from btw? I’m from Cali so it’s going to be a big change for me living on the east coast, but I’m ready for a change in scenery

10. dpt216

dpt216

Oct 19, 2017
    I'm declining at Lynchburg, Marymount, and URI, and I'm putting down a deposit at the University of South Carolina!

11. dpt..2021

dpt..2021

Dec 21, 2017
    I'm declining at MGH and Mount Saint Mary's Los Angeles. I will be putting a deposit on AT Still in Arizona. Still have one more interview however. Good luck to everyone!

Elauz likes this.
  12. Warrior08

Warrior08

Nov 2, 2017
    Declining at A.T Still University and University of St. Augustine - San Marcos summer residential. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

13. amlope03

amlope03

Jun 22, 2017
    Louisville, KY
    I've declined Chatham University & Mount St. Joseph University and have put a deposit down at Youngstown State University! I'm waiting on one more school before I make a final decision to attend!