I'm declining at _________.

Started by kdab28
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kdab28

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go ahead and share where you're declining admission - this thread can be a great way for anyone on a waitlist to see where seats are opening up.

And remember - if you're committing to somewhere else and you have other acceptances, make sure to contact those other programs and respectfully decline. Plenty of people are eagerly waiting on waitlists. Let's all help each other out 🙂

I've decided to decline from Nova Southeastern University, University of Southern California, and withdrew my interview invite at George Washington University.

I'll be attending the University of Miami.
 
Georgia applicant here! I've declined Gru (what was MCG and is now Augusta University) and Brenau. I've been accepted to Mercer and I'm waiting back on GSU and going to the Emory interview before making a decision.

Update: I have also declined Mercer and will be attending Emory University!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am declining admission to NOVA Southeastern, University of New England and Bellarmine University. I also just withdrew my interview at Georgia Regents.
I will be attending Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ.
 
Declined the following:

Midwestern University (Downer's Grove) - Accepted on November 21st and Declined on December 18th
University of Michigan (Flint) - Accepted on November 6th, paid my deposit, but withdrew my application on January 4th.
Oakland University - Waitlisted, but gave up my spot on 1/19.
Wayne State University - Withdrew my application on 1/20.

Will be attending the University of Illinois Chicago (accepted on December 11th)!!!!
 
Last edited:
Declined the following:

Midwestern University (Downer's Grove)
University of Michigan
Oakland University (waitlisted, but gave up my spot on 1/19)
Wayne State University (Haven't heard back from them yet, but plan on contacting them to withdraw my application).

Will be attending the University of Illinois Chicago!!!!

Hey!!
When did you hear from UofM Flint? I'm waiting anxiously to hear from them!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey!!
When did you hear from UofM Flint? I'm waiting anxiously to hear from them!!

I was offered acceptance at U of M Flint on November 6th. I accepted and paid my deposit right away because I didn't know if I would get in elsewhere at that point. I informed them on January 4th that I was withdrawing my application. So, hopefully this opens up the door for someone else. Good luck!
 
I had to decline the interview at Samuel Merritt University due to a conflict with Fresno State University. Kind of sucks, but at least a slot will open up for someone!
 
Declined Radford, Lynchburg, Marymount (interview), Nova Southeastern, Touro - Bay Shore, and Chatham (interview). Attending Mercer.
 
Go ahead and share where you're declining admission - this thread can be a great way for anyone on a waitlist to see where seats are opening up.

And remember - if you're committing to somewhere else and you have other acceptances, make sure to contact those other programs and respectfully decline. Plenty of people are eagerly waiting on waitlists. Let's all help each other out 🙂

I've decided to decline from Nova Southeastern University, University of Southern California, and withdrew my interview invite at George Washington University.

I'll be attending the University of Miami.

Hey, I've noticed that a lot of people in this thread have declined offers at Nova Southeastern. I am applying there next cycle and just wanted to know if there were any particular reasons?
 
Declining VCU, ODU, Shenandoah, Elon, Arcadia and UNC interview. Attending Drexel!
 
Last edited:
Declined NYIT (interview), waitlisted at Armstrong and Mercer (withdrew app)

Attending Thomas Jefferson University
 
I'm declining LIU, Wheeling Jesuit, Mercy (interview), and Franklin Pierce. Will be sending my deposit for Sacred Heart.
 
Hey, I've noticed that a lot of people in this thread have declined offers at Nova Southeastern. I am applying there next cycle and just wanted to know if there were any particular reasons?

Nova's a great program. For me, I personally went there as an undergraduate (and I loved it!) and was ready to try something new...not much farther away at UM haha, but it's still a new experience. I think it might come down to money for some people too, being that it's private so if there's a cheaper option, folks might go there. But I've heard nothing but good things from all my friends who go there for PT!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Turned down admission offers from both Franklin Pierce University campuses (AZ and NH) due to an admission offer closer to home. Hopefully that helps someone on the waitlist or yet to hear back from them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Declining from:
George Washington University
Stony Brook University (main campus)
Drexel University
UConn
New York Medical College
Touro College

Declined interviews at:
NYIT
LIU

Declined waitlist:
NYU
Stockton
 
Declined waitlist for Sacred Heart, Stockton, Hartford. Declined Dominican College and will be attending Rutgers-Newark campus


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I'm declining my acceptances to Clarkson, AIC, and USF. I will be attending Northeastern University 🙂