I'm declining at _________.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdab28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and share where you're declining admission - this thread can be a great way for anyone on a waitlist to see where seats are opening up.

And remember - if you're committing to somewhere else and you have other acceptances, make sure to contact those other programs and respectfully decline. Plenty of people are eagerly waiting on waitlists. Let's all help each other out :)

I've decided to decline from Nova Southeastern University, University of Southern California, and withdrew my interview invite at George Washington University.

I'll be attending the University of Miami.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
Georgia applicant here! I've declined Gru (what was MCG and is now Augusta University) and Brenau. I've been accepted to Mercer and I'm waiting back on GSU and going to the Emory interview before making a decision.

Update: I have also declined Mercer and will be attending Emory University!

Last edited:
Isn't this a little redundant?

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't this a little redundant?
I could see why you say that but as a candidate waitlisted to a few programs, I actually admire the fact that these students are concerned for others' well beings and communicating what's going on. It's definitely not necessary but very generous and helpful at least psychologically in my opinion. Thanks.

Reactions: 19 users
I am declining admission to NOVA Southeastern, University of New England and Bellarmine University. I also just withdrew my interview at Georgia Regents.
I will be attending Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ.

Declined interview at NAU and admission at MSMU.

Declined interview at Western University of Health Sciences.

Declined interview at Western University of Health Sciences a few days ago.

Declined my acceptance into NOVA southeastern Ft. Lauderdale

Chicago Area Schools

Declined - Midwestern
I accepted but will be declining- Rosalind Franklin (Bye $500)
Will be declining - Northwestern
Accepted- UIC

Reactions: 1 users
Declined George Washington University

Declined the following:

Midwestern University (Downer's Grove) - Accepted on November 21st and Declined on December 18th
University of Michigan (Flint) - Accepted on November 6th, paid my deposit, but withdrew my application on January 4th.
Oakland University - Waitlisted, but gave up my spot on 1/19.
Wayne State University - Withdrew my application on 1/20.

Will be attending the University of Illinois Chicago (accepted on December 11th)!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Declined the following:

Midwestern University (Downer's Grove)
University of Michigan
Oakland University (waitlisted, but gave up my spot on 1/19)
Wayne State University (Haven't heard back from them yet, but plan on contacting them to withdraw my application).

Will be attending the University of Illinois Chicago!!!!

Hey!!
When did you hear from UofM Flint? I'm waiting anxiously to hear from them!!

Hey!!
When did you hear from UofM Flint? I'm waiting anxiously to hear from them!!

I was offered acceptance at U of M Flint on November 6th. I accepted and paid my deposit right away because I didn't know if I would get in elsewhere at that point. I informed them on January 4th that I was withdrawing my application. So, hopefully this opens up the door for someone else. Good luck!

I had to decline the interview at Samuel Merritt University due to a conflict with Fresno State University. Kind of sucks, but at least a slot will open up for someone!

Declined an interview at Western Kentucky University today.

Declined an interview at Western Kentucky University today as well

Reactions: 1 user
Declined Radford, Lynchburg, Marymount (interview), Nova Southeastern, Touro - Bay Shore, and Chatham (interview). Attending Mercer.

Declined Chapman, Western (interview), Loma Linda, and USC. Attending CSUN!

Last edited:
Go ahead and share where you're declining admission - this thread can be a great way for anyone on a waitlist to see where seats are opening up.

And remember - if you're committing to somewhere else and you have other acceptances, make sure to contact those other programs and respectfully decline. Plenty of people are eagerly waiting on waitlists. Let's all help each other out :)

I've decided to decline from Nova Southeastern University, University of Southern California, and withdrew my interview invite at George Washington University.

I'll be attending the University of Miami.

Hey, I've noticed that a lot of people in this thread have declined offers at Nova Southeastern. I am applying there next cycle and just wanted to know if there were any particular reasons?

Declining VCU, ODU, Shenandoah, Elon, Arcadia and UNC interview. Attending Drexel!

Last edited:
Declined NYIT (interview), waitlisted at Armstrong and Mercer (withdrew app)

Attending Thomas Jefferson University

I'm declining LIU, Wheeling Jesuit, Mercy (interview), and Franklin Pierce. Will be sending my deposit for Sacred Heart.

Hey, I've noticed that a lot of people in this thread have declined offers at Nova Southeastern. I am applying there next cycle and just wanted to know if there were any particular reasons?

Nova's a great program. For me, I personally went there as an undergraduate (and I loved it!) and was ready to try something new...not much farther away at UM haha, but it's still a new experience. I think it might come down to money for some people too, being that it's private so if there's a cheaper option, folks might go there. But I've heard nothing but good things from all my friends who go there for PT!

Reactions: 1 users
Ditto to what kdab said about Nova. I volunteered at an Ortho clinic near Nova with 11 PT's who all graduated from there, and all of them said only great things about the program.

Reactions: 3 users
Declined my interview with UK

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Declining at Sacred Heart, UNE, University of Hartford and Franklin Pierce NH

Declining my acceptances to FIU and FGCU as of today.

I declined Samuel Merritt U just now.

Will be attending CSU Northridge

Declined interview for Samuel Meritt (got into UCSF)
Declining at WesternU

Turned down admission offers from both Franklin Pierce University campuses (AZ and NH) due to an admission offer closer to home. Hopefully that helps someone on the waitlist or yet to hear back from them.

declining at Clarkson, withdrew from my spot on the waitlist at Sacred Heart

Declining from:
George Washington University
Stony Brook University (main campus)
Drexel University
UConn
New York Medical College
Touro College

Declined interviews at:
NYIT
LIU

Declined waitlist:
NYU
Stockton

Declined acceptances to:
FIU
FGCU
UM
UNF
UF

Have decided to attend UCF:)

Declined waitlist for Sacred Heart, Stockton, Hartford. Declined Dominican College and will be attending Rutgers-Newark campus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Declined the wait list at University of Delaware.

I'm declining my acceptances to Clarkson, AIC, and USF. I will be attending Northeastern University :)