I'm declining at _________.

Started by kdab28
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I ask, what are your stats?

Of course, @kellerac!

Cumulative gpa: 3.85
Pre-requisite gpa: 3.64
GRE: 157, 159, 4.0
Observation hours: 755 outpatient, 42 outpatient in Spain, 27 inpatient/outpatient pediatrics, 68 inpatient rehabilitation hospital, 44 inpatient acute care, 15 SNF (~950 total)

If there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to message me!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I'm declining acceptance at Andrews University.

Declining Interviews at Wheeling Jesuit and Walsh University

Declining waitlist from UNE, Bellarmine, and Chatham

Going to University of Dayton, good luck to everyone

Hope this helps someone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm declining acceptance at Andrews University.

Declining Interviews at Wheeling Jesuit and Walsh University

Declining waitlist from UNE, Bellarmine, and Chatham

Going to University of Dayton, good luck to everyone

Hope this helps someone
Have you declined your interviews yet?
 
Declined admission at Northwestern University and Des Moines University.
Declined interviews at University of Iowa and University of Indianapolis.
Also asked to be taken off the wait list at University of Kansas Medical Center.

Attending Washington University in St. Louis 😀
I hope this opens up a spot for someone, and I wish all of those who are still waiting to hear the best of luck!
 
This may be a really dumb question, but how do you decline a school!? I have yet to let some programs know I'm not attending because I'm not sure how to go about it.
 
This may be a really dumb question, but how do you decline a school!? I have yet to let some programs know I'm not attending because I'm not sure how to go about it.

I did it by email thanking them for the consideration and then saying I have decided on other plans for PT school.
 
Declining Touro Manhattan and interview at SUNY downstate.

Accepting LIU w scholars award.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Declining University of Maryland Baltimore and Drexel to attend Rutgers Newark!! Hope this gives someone else a little hope 🙂
 
Declining admission at MGH IHP, Boston University, Northwestern, UIC and Regis

Declined interview at Pacific University

Still waiting on USC and Miami but will decline acceptances at those schools as I'll be attending CU Denver!!
 
Hey guys!

Is there anyone who has denied an acceptance for Chapman University? It's my #1 choice so I'm trying to get an idea of my chances of moving off the waitlist
 
Hey when was your interview? And how did they notify you of your acceptance?
I actually declined my interview, and the last day to interview for in-state students was today. 2/9 is the last day to interview for out of state. I'm sure post that date, you guys should hear back soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted: Northwestern, Duke, CU Denver
Declined Northwestern (1/10)

DECLINING DUKE (even though this hurts my soul)
:yawn:

Attending CU Denver 🙂 Hope this helps someone out!
 
When you all withdrew your application from a school, did they ask where you have decided to go? I've had both my schools do this.
 
Applied to 14 schools :University of New England, Bellarmine University, Indiana State University, University of Toledo, Marshall University, Chatham University, University of Michigan –Flint, University of Kentucky, University of North Carolina –Chapel Hill, Walsh University, Shennandoah University, Temple University, Rosalind Franklin, Franklin Pierce

Interviewed @ University of New England, Bellarmine University, Indiana State University, University of Toledo, Marshall University

Waitlisted @ Marshall University, Chatham University, University of Michigan –Flint

Rejected @ Shennandoah University, Temple University, University of Kentucky, University of North Carolina –Chapel Hill, Rosalind franklin

Accepted @ University of New England, Indiana State University, University of Toledo, bellarmine University

Still haven't heard back about acceptance/rejection from: Walsh University, Franklin Pierce

Declined Acceptance @ University of New England & Indiana State University & Bellarmin University

Will be attending The University of Toledo!
 
Last edited:
Declined Samuel Merritt University, and took my name off the waitlist at MGH.

Currently have a deposit at Emory, but am also accepted at Regis and am waiting on a few other schools, so at least one of those will be up for grabs by some point.
 
Last edited:
I am declining at University of Washington and University of Vermont - will be attending University of Montana! Good luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You were offered a spot in the class or a spot on the waitlist? Would you mind sharing your stats?
I was originally on the waitlist but was offered a spot yesterday.

Undergrad: Northern Arizona University, BS Journalism, BA Spanish
Graduate: Middlebury College, MA Spanish

Cumulative GPA: 3.57
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.85
GRE: 156 Q, 161 V, 4.5 A
Observation hours: 2000+ outpatient, 50+ inpatient hospital, 24 pediatrics
Nontraditional student, 10+ years as coach/board member in local running organization, ultrarunner, triathlete, previously worked as an editor
 
Just declined acceptance to Regis. @vike56, they also asked where I had decided to go. I answered as truthfully as I could without going into too much detail. Best of luck to everyone!
 
Last edited: