You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I'm declining at _________.
Started by kdab28
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@tomu0999 Congrats on all your acceptances!
May I ask which start date you are attending for Chapman, Summer or Fall?
@deejayy Thanks! I'll be starting in the Fall! I'm coming from Colorado so I wanted to have one more Summer at home.
Declined University of Kentucky today for anyone on their wait list!! Congratulations to everyone starting DPT school this year![
I am on the alternate list at UK, is there is difference between that and a waitlist or do some schools just use a different term. Were you considered in-state?
I'm sure alternate and wait list are the same thing. I'm out-of-state but could file for in-state if I wanted to since I've lived in Kentucky for the past 4 years.
I hope so!! Trying not to get overly excited in case there is a difference 🙂
Is anyone planning to decline at AT Still? I am also on the waitlist and am wondering if anyone is considering going elsewhere so that a seat may open up.
Most definitely. You spent hundreds of dollars applying to these schools. You have all the right to know where you are on the list and how it works. They should have no problems helping you.If your on a waitlist, is it worth calling just to follow up and ask how the waitlist works? I know it's self explanatory but maybe you'll get a better idea as to the schools method. I'm on 2 waitlists.
Most definitely. You spent hundreds of dollars applying to these schools. You have all the right to know where you are on the list and how it works. They should have no problems helping you.
Thanks for the feedback! I already contacted them in regards to the details of their waitlist ... just need a seat or two to open up and was wondering if anyone is even considering a different school.
If you don't mind, what did that conversation look like. I plan on calling a school I am waitlisted on, they said they do not rank so was thinking of appropriate ways to bring up whether I am near the top or bottom of the list. Thank you.Thanks for the feedback! I already contacted them in regards to the details of their waitlist ... just need a seat or two to open up and was wondering if anyone is even considering a different school.
Declining at Touro U, Nevada, I've also heard from a friend who also got in he's declining as well. 2 spots should open up within the next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone currently accepted at U Miami, planning on giving up their seat due to another acceptance?
I declined at TWU, UTMB, Angelo State, and UNT.
I will be going to Texas State University.
I will be going to Texas State University.
Did you hear from Walsh U and evansville then?? I applied to both and haven't heard a thing!I only have one acceptance at the moment so I won't be declining it yet lol.
I did decline interviews at:
Marshall
Bellarmine
Indiana State
Will probably decline waitlist at:
Evansville
Walsh U
Walsh held interviews, which I was not invited to. However they emailed me a couple days ago requesting that I send them my academic update ASAP. (I haven't officially been rejected, and I think I'm somewhere in the mix). I'm not going to Walsh regardless anymore, so I should probably just withdraw my application.Did you hear from Walsh U and evansville then?? I applied to both and haven't heard a thing!
Evansville emailed me 12/14 saying I'm on a wait list for an interview offer (almost the same situation as Walsh). Evansville already sent out their first round of interviews. Again, I most likely won't go here, and should withdraw my application as well.
Note: My brother interviewed at Walsh in October and was waitlisted for an admission offer, so I'm super confused as to what they're doing keeping people on a waitlist for more interviews haha. Another possibility: I could have been rejected from Walsh, and that academic update email was just sent to everyone who applied originally (did you receive it?).
Here's the email from Evansville:
Good luck!
Walsh held interviews, which I was not invited to. However they emailed me a couple days ago requesting that I send them my academic update ASAP. (I haven't officially been rejected, and I think I'm somewhere in the mix). I'm not going to Walsh regardless anymore, so I should probably just withdraw my application.
Evansville emailed me 12/14 saying I'm on a wait list for an interview offer (almost the same situation as Walsh). Evansville already sent out their first round of interviews. Again, I most likely won't go here, and should withdraw my application as well.
Note: My brother interviewed at Walsh in October and was waitlisted for an admission offer, so I'm super confused as to what they're doing keeping people on a waitlist for more interviews haha. Another possibility: I could have been rejected from Walsh, and that academic update email was just sent to everyone who applied originally (did you receive it?).
Here's the email from Evansville:
View attachment 211800
Good luck!
Yes I did see that! Thank you for clarifying I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page and didn't need to call!!
What are you stats if you don't mind me asking?Declined interview for Samuel Meritt (got into UCSF)
Declining at WesternU
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on Duke! What made you pick Duke over Northwestern?Declining my spot at Northwestern. Hope that ends up helping someone!
Declining: Radford spot, Shenandoah interview, may decline Emory interview (love the program but still considering if worth the cost)
@Hopefulpt33 Thank you! It was a hard decision because northwestern has an amazing program and a focus on neuroscience and neurology which I'm really interested in! But for me it came down to the weather (can't stand wind and below zero temperatures), cost of living (Durham is way cheaper than Evanston or even Chicago), and clinical affiliations and Dukes focus on global outreach. Plus, Dukes tuition is a little cheaper than northwestern too!Congrats on Duke! What made you pick Duke over Northwestern?
I will be declining my offer at Midwestern-Glendale
Declining Duke to accept UDel!
Declined New York University & declined interview at College of Staten Island
I declined NOVA Southeastern - Tampa
Withdrew myself from consideration for Walsh University
I will be attending Wingate University
Withdrew myself from consideration for Walsh University
I will be attending Wingate University
Last edited:
@wanderer13 Can I ask what made you choose UDel over Duke?? Just wondering!Declining Duke to accept UDel!
Did you have like a 4.0 and 320 5 gre? LolDeclined Admission: Regis, CU Denver, Midwestern Glendale AZ, Franklin Pierce NH & AZ, UMiami, UNE, UWashington.
Attending: Chapman University
Declined interviews at CU Denver, Iowa, and Mayo.
Declined admission at Wash U, Northwestern, Bellarmine, U Cincinnati, Ohio U
Accepting University of Illinois Chicago [emoji5]
Hope this helps!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Declined admission at Wash U, Northwestern, Bellarmine, U Cincinnati, Ohio U
Accepting University of Illinois Chicago [emoji5]
Hope this helps!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I ask, what are your stats?Declined interviews at CU Denver, Iowa, and Mayo.
Declined admission at Wash U, Northwestern, Bellarmine, U Cincinnati, Ohio U
Accepting University of Illinois Chicago [emoji5]
Hope this helps!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What's your top school?I declined interviews at shenandoah, missouri state and tennessee state and I declined an admissions offer at Mount St Joseph.
University of Florida (which I got accepted to) and University of Cincinnati are my top two choices!What's your top school?
Wow, congrats! Best of luck!University of Florida (which I got accepted to) and University of Cincinnati are my top two choices!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
