You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I'm declining at _________.
Started by kdab28
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I will be attending the info sessions this weekend, and I know of someone who as declined alreadyanybody declining dyouville?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've declined at Mary Baldwin and ODU.
Declined at APU, CSULB, Western U, UNLV, USC.
I just declined UMESAnyone declining Marshall or UMES? I'm on the wait list at both and am anxiously waiting to hear back!
Declined at APU, CSULB, Western U, UNLV, USC.
Hi! When did you get your acceptance from USC? I'm still waiting to hear back from them 🙁
.
Last edited:
When did you decline Western U?Declined at APU, CSULB, Western U, UNLV, USC.
Thanks for the reply!I just declined UMES
Denied mercy college, miscercodia, alvernia, sage, nazareth
When did you hear from Alvernia & when did you submit your application there?
For the last time, I didn't hear from them, I declined my application. Please read
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Declining Marymount, Thomas Jefferson, and University of Maryland Baltimore.
Attending GWU!
Congrats! I love GWU's program and I'm really excited about it but do you mind if I ask your particular reasons for choosing GW over UMB?
Declined AT Still University today - hope this helps someone on the waitlist.
* update - also declined Briar Cliff University (March 14, 2017)
* update - also declined Briar Cliff University (March 14, 2017)
Last edited:
Definitely! One of the main reasons is location. I moved to D.C. in April with my boyfriend, so commuting or moving to Baltimore would be more of a hassle than I'd like. He also attends GW, so it makes sense for us to stay here.Congrats! I love GWU's program and I'm really excited about it but do you mind if I ask your particular reasons for choosing GW over UMB?
UMB has a really strong program, but I've experienced block scheduling before and find I really don't like it. Since so many subjects connect in PT, I'd like to learn a little bit about all of them all together. At UMB, you take just anatomy for a month or so and then move onto the next subject if I recall correctly. My memory is terrible unless I'm actively using everything. I'm sure they do a great job of keeping it fresh, but I'd like to stick to what I do best with. Some of the current students there seemed iffy about it, too.
GW is smaller and I know a few recent grads, current seniors, and a freshman in the program, and all of them are incredibly good at what they do and receive amazing feedback from patients. They also have nothing negative to say about the program (...besides cost of course). Plus, I think a more intimate program like that is just really beneficial to developing who you are as a professional (I went to a very small college). One of the students I know is a senior, actually, and told me she chose GW over UMB, too. She wasn't a fan of the professors there during her interview day, especially the anatomy prof who grilled everybody with questions, haha. And both of us agreed that GW just felt a little more warm and friendly. 🙂
I honestly have quite a few other reasons, but I won't clog the thread up any more than I already have!
Declined at Augusta, Wash U. St. Louis, University of WA, and USC.
Anyone decline Thomas Jefferson, SUNY downstate, or Lynchburg recently?? I'm on the waitlist for all three
Withdrew my acceptance like 2 weeks ago for Downstate
Declining Marshall University hope it helps someone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey @abePT - I declined purely for financial reasons. UMT has some pretty great benefits for veterans, and University of Washington had barely any, along with their out of state tuition being very high. Congratulations!@Heardyoudpt
Hey, I'm wondering if you would mind sharing why you declined at University of Washington? I was recently accepted there!
@PathforwardtoDPT
hello, just curious as to why you declined APU/CSULB/ and especially USC?
@Heardyoudpt
Hey, I'm wondering if you would mind sharing why you declined at University of Washington? I was recently accepted there!
When you say recently accepted, does that mean you were accepted off of the alternate list? Or were you offered acceptance right away (~02/14)? Just curious because I am on the alternate list and am hoping there's a chance my status will change!
Last edited:
Did you apply early admission? when did you hear back?Denied mercy college, miscercodia, alvernia, sage, nazareth
I gave up my spot at Chapman summer a week ago.Has anyone recently declined CSULB or CHAPMAN (for summer or fall) or might be giving up there spot later on?
Is anyone declining Temple by any chance, or heard back from the waitlist?
I'm still on their waitlist and haven't heard anything. I'll be declining though if and when I do ever hear anything.
Anyone declining Mount Saint Mary’s University?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
declining my offer at bradley and my interviews at midwestern in DG and rocky mtn university of health professions
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K