I'm in Westwood... where the hell is LADoc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Money's tight, need someone to foot my bar tab...

Go to Union Cattle Co. in Manhattan beach. WTF are you doing there? I thought you were "UCSF bound".

Are you in med school? You seem to be travelling the world..werent you at MSKCC?

PS-
Im no longer in SoCal now anyway tho.
**IF** I can nail down some solid hospital contracts in the next few weeks, drinks on me at the Golden Lion Pub or Hotel Biron in SF.
 
Go to Union Cattle Co. in Manhattan beach. WTF are you doing there? I thought you were "UCSF bound".

Are you in med school? You seem to be travelling the world..werent you at MSKCC?

PS-
Im no longer in SoCal now anyway tho.
**IF** I can nail down some solid hospital contracts in the next few weeks, drinks on me at the Golden Lion Pub or Hotel Biron in SF.


Is this the place 2062 Divsadero Yahoo review of Lion Pub San Francisco
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2732351-lion_pub_san_francisco-i

Esteemed by some who are in the know as the classiest gay bar in SF, this Victorian-fronted club-pub is renowned for the beauty of its bartenders. A diverse crowd comes to glimpse the gorgeous staff, the fellow clientele, and the interior, which features a changing array of antiques that are always in the most exquisite taste. The music, which can be anything between vintage jazz and progressive house, is somehow always appropriate. No credit cards are accepted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep that is the place. A little more my style than the marina district places.

As for your gay reference, I dont know, its not in the Castro and Ive never noticed it was big deal.
 
Yep that is the place. A little more my style than the marina district places.

As for your gay reference, I dont know, its not in the Castro and Ive never noticed it was big deal.

The Lion Pub is indeed quite nice and not as flamingly gay as some places in the Castro. In fact, it is nicely decorated with lots of hot straight/bi-women. Its gayness is kept at a very minimum. I was there last weekend and it still retains these features which make it a nice place to chill. The parking is notoriously bad in the area, so give yourself time to circle the block like 10 times. I will be up in the city quite often in the next few weeks, so you better secure those contracts!

And to answer your questions- yeah, I am a 4th year med student, and I was "UCSFbound" when I took a job at a lab there coming straight outta undergrad (kinda like straight outta compton) like 5 years ago. I just had my UCLA interview, which is why I was in LA. I figure I gotta at least interview at a few places just for ****s and giggles. Plus it doesn't hurt that the only money that I will be spending on hotels is when I stay in Seattle (4 nights). I think my travel expenses (plane tix and one hotel stay) will total around $1200 for the interview season.