I'm new and I need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appledumpling

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'll make this short and sweet. I decided late in the game to apply to DO schools. It took me a while to open my eyes to osteopathic medicine and realize that was the field for me.

I finished my AACOMAS app this past Tuesday and e-delivered it. I know it's late, but do you guys think I stand a chance this late in the game? My MCAT data is 8,9,10 and my GPA is 3.45. I've also had plenty of exposure to medicine. Please be honest; did I screw myself over by waiting this late?? Do you guys have any helpful advice?

Thanks in advance for reading this.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really know but it seems you have good enough stats to get into osteopathic schools. I turned it my application really late too (9/17). And, my MCAT and GPA are lower than yours but I'm hoping I'll still get accepted somewhere. Don't worry too much (i'm trying to tell myself the same thing). I'm sure there lots of other people who waited awhile to turn in their applications. Let's just wait and see.
Good luck to you though.

Hi, I have a friend with similar stats and she didn't apply until late October last year and she is a first year student at LECOM this year. She also got in to OUCOM (the two DO schools that she applied to). You definitely have a chance, if this is what you want then go for it. Best of luck - keep us posted! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely think you have a chance. My friend is a MS2 at an osteopathic school and he applied in november and received interview in march, got waitlisted and finally got in. You have pretty good stats (esp. your MCAT, which is above average accepted MCAT in most osteo schools).

Thanks for your responses! You guys are really supportive. I'll definitely keep you posted. I'm just praying that by the the time my application gets processed, it's not too late.

Thanks again.
:)

I just wanted to add a pointer here.

When you get your secondaries, try to turn those in as soon as you can.

This doesn't mean that you should rush through them and be sloppy about it.

Spend some good quality of time on them, and turned those in ASAP.

That should speed things up a little bit.

Good Luck!

;)