I'm not apathetic..rather...neurotransmitter challenged...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, for real. I have apparently lived my entire life with predominantly inattentive ADHD. Just got quasi-diagnosed. Going in later to make sure it isn't my thyroid...though sadly that won't be until the first week of Jan. I want this solved sooner rather than later. I'm getting sick of trying to study this damn NAPLEX book......getting one paragraph in.....then spending hours daydreaming about how cool it would be to be a pirate on the open seas (or some other arbitrary something).....until I then snap out of said daydream and realized I just wasted an hour of my life.

The funny part is that one of the people I talked to is like, "How the heck did you make it that far in school? You are distracted by the jingling of my keys for cripes sake!"

Of course it makes sense. Unless it's something I'm either exceedingly interested in or involves colorful lights (pharmacology + Med Chem, football, Dave & Busters) I just don't care about it (pathophysiology + therapeutics......*cough*failingtoremediateanexamontimeresultinginlategraduation*cough*).

I'm actually kinda looking forward to all this jazz. It should be interesting. Me + pharmacy + lack of apathy = ???. Plus, I will be on amphetamines...which should be interesting in and of itself...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry :( If it makes you feel better my right eye nearsighted while my left eye is 20/20, so I always see a double image that is slightly out of phase requiring constant resolution, so it makes me more tired than other people.

Good for you! As a future pharmacist, it always puts a smile on my face to see someone cured of disease from modern advancements in drugs.
What medication will he be putting you on. I assume Adderall XR?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure. I'm going to ask for Methylin ER. It's only $30/month cash. I figure whenever my future health insurance kicks in, it will be covered.

LOL So you went for the chemical route rather then stringing the pharmacy up with colorful and directed spot lights? I rather think you got the shady end of the deal there man. Who wouldn't want to work in Disco Pharmacy?

LOL So you went for the chemical route rather then stringing the pharmacy up with colorful and directed spot lights? I rather think you got the shady end of the deal there man. Who wouldn't want to work in Disco Pharmacy?

I think I would be more inclined to go anywhere if I knew there would be pretty colorful lights everywhere! I can't help it, I'm easily amused.

any pharmacy that's hanging lights like that....hey, i'm there, when do you want my resume?

i think i have a touch of the ADD, too!

I hear ya. I'm the same way in class...daydreaming....about buying a jetski and a nice house...umm...I haven't seen my dog in a while...he's so cute when he wants a cookie he... anyways like I was saying. Yea I go to Wal-Mart its like $4.00 :)

Everyone daydreams and can become distracted, perhaps we should all have prescriptions for amphetamine to be able to accomplish everyday tasks.

ppism.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
No, seriously, I can't freakin' concentrate on the stuff....

You could take it tomorrow and be fine...they just ask random stuff like "what's kernig's sign?" Stuff you'd never think to study...but somehow it'll come back to you when you're sitting there. (Assuming you can focus for 4 hours!) It ain't bad though.

Try creating a reward system for yourself... i.e. I get to do ____ if I study for ____ time. You fill in the blanks ;)

You could take it tomorrow and be fine...they just ask random stuff like "what's kernig's sign?" Stuff you'd never think to study...but somehow it'll come back to you when you're sitting there. (Assuming you can focus for 4 hours!) It ain't bad though.

Try creating a reward system for yourself... i.e. I get to do ____ if I study for ____ time. You fill in the blanks ;)

Well, perhaps as the forum drug rep, you could offer our good friend WVU some of the truly novel therapies recently approved for ADHD. Something like a lisdexamfetamine (I believe the company honestly admits to changing the ph- to an f- to reduce the stigma associated with amphetamine) or armodafinil (it's not Provigil, it is Nuvigil, get it, it's new, haha, clever drug company).

The word "Vyvanse" makes me think of breasts for some reason. Just look at it. It's just a stupid ass prodrug of Dexedrine, anyway.

Vyvanse.gif

It's not even a creative prodrug involving some weird hepatic enzyme. That **** will just hydrolyze off and get you dextroamphetamine. Jesus, at least entertain me with your fancy fake "new" drug. God damn waste of money.

They will give me a script for Methylin ER and they will like it.

Well, perhaps as the forum drug rep, you could offer our good friend WVU some of the truly novel therapies recently approved for ADHD. Something like a lisdexamfetamine (I believe the company honestly admits to changing the ph- to an f- to reduce the stigma associated with amphetamine) or armodafinil (it's not Provigil, it is Nuvigil, get it, it's new, haha, clever drug company).

You stick around FL for your residency Pri or did you head out of state for your PGY's?

You stick around FL for your residency Pri or did you head out of state for your PGY's?

Stuck around for PGY1, looks as if I am heading else where for the second year.

I'd stay away from allllll of it. Told you I wouldn't make a good drug rep :p

I'd stay away from allllll of it. Told you I wouldn't make a good drug rep :p

That's not true, you only need two (ok maybe three things) to be a good drug rep.

1) Certain visable anatomical features that predominately set the female sex from the male sex.
2) Ability to sucker doctors into believing you've got the next best thing. Or at least sending them to tropical places to make it easy to say yes to whatever you're pimping.

That's not true, you only need two (ok maybe three things) to be a good drug rep.

1) Certain visable anatomical features that predominately set the female sex from the male sex.
2) Ability to sucker doctors into believing you've got the next best thing. Or at least sending them to tropical places to make it easy to say yes to whatever you're pimping.

Oh yeah? What do the female physicians get to look at?

The word "Vyvanse" makes me think of breasts for some reason. Just look at it. It's just a stupid ass prodrug of Dexedrine, anyway.

Vyvanse.gif

It's not even a creative prodrug involving some weird hepatic enzyme. That **** will just hydrolyze off and get you dextroamphetamine. Jesus, at least entertain me with your fancy fake "new" drug. God damn waste of money.

Ummm. Because you're a dude? :confused:

I moved away this summer....it's cooooold where I am now. Not used to it; doesn't make waking up this early very fun.

I don't know where you're at, but The Ohio State is on my radar for next year as of now...

Ooooo if you're there, can you ask why they put the "The" in front of OSU? Seriously, there's only one. It's not like a second land-grant college opened and said "Hey, let's use Ohio State University, it's got a nice ring to it and some tread, let's use that." ;)

Only people from that school use that "the" prefix. Eventually they will realize it isn't going to catch on and it makes them sound like pretentious dinguses.

Isn't working yet. And seriously how pretentious can you be, it's Columbus.

The official name of my school is actually The University of Illinois at Chicago.

Ooooo if you're there, can you ask why they put the "The" in front of OSU? Seriously, there's only one. It's not like a second land-grant college opened and said "Hey, let's use Ohio State University, it's got a nice ring to it and some tread, let's use that." ;)

I think they stress the "the" b/c there is another school that is close by that is Ohio University. People tend to get the 2 confused a lot.

I think they stress the "the" b/c there is another school that is close by that is Ohio University. People tend to get the 2 confused a lot.

Athens isn't that close at all. Do people get Florida and Florida State confused? North Carolina and NC State? They due it because they are pretentious.

Athens isn't that close at all. Do people get Florida and Florida State confused? North Carolina and NC State? They due it because they are pretentious.

And it isn't just OSU though...bunch of nfl players do it during their game intro's. Competition for who can stress the 'THE' the most...:rolleyes:

Athens isn't that close at all. Do people get Florida and Florida State confused? North Carolina and NC State? They due it because they are pretentious.[/quot

I don't know. I know people who cannot get them straight to save their lives. It is the most annoying thing in the world however.

WVU - I feel your pain. I have minor OCD and ADD issues. Not enough for either to be any sort of debilitating, just annoying. However, during finals, I'd get distracted by something and then spend hours doing my OCD thing. gah. but now I went to the pharmacy and I am better. I hope.

Naaa, I don't buy them getting confused, WVU is right it's all about being "THE" football U. Ohio is in the freaking MAC. It's not like this is a rival school.

If they wanted to do The Football University of Ohio, fine, it's still stupid, but a different level.

They both use The. The Florida State University. The University of Florida. It doesn't flow when abbreviated. The FSU, The UF....now that is weird. Oh and another weird thing that bothers me is U of F. Is the "of" necessary...are people not going to figure that out?

Yes many people get them confused.
I've attended both. I am that cool ;)

Vyvanse.gif

amidase cleaves this guy into amphetamine?

Well...technically the water does....but the -H goes with the aromatic compound terminally to form NH2 on the end, the OH goes with the then amino acid looking thing....

d-amphetamine + some amino acid....I think, anyway....med chem was a while ago....although it was my fav course in all of pharm school...