im on the waitlist and im wondering if people...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulM.D.

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
e-mail their interviewers that they are interested in attending their school. I mean I got their business cards, so I am wondering if it is ok to send like an e-mail loi plus a former loi to the dean. In addition, how should I e-mail the interviewers my interest in attending a certain school? Should it be formal, non-formal? Do some of you guys call the interviewers? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i guess it depends on the interviewer. who knows how much input this person has on admissions at this point, maybe none. i did this a while back and i received a really encouraging reply from the interviewer, saying how great of a candidate she thought i was for the school (i still got waitlisted, meh). from the other interviewer, i received no response. so, i think it could be questionable as to how much it will help, but i think it's something that can't hurt to do at least. best of luck. :thumbup:

edit: about how to go about contacting the person - it's just my opinion, but i wouldn't send a copy of the letter of intent to the interviewers. i'd send a formal letter to the dean or director of admissions or whoever. what i did with my interviewers was i e-mailed them to ask them a few questions and, in doing that, i also casually mentioned my strong interest in the school and that i thought i was a good candidate. i didn't go into detail, but i made it pretty clear. that's just what i did - others might have different suggestions.