I'm ready to start NOW!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lisa13579

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm just sitting here bored at work (I'm an administrative assistant). How am I going to make it thru the next 9 months!!!! I'm so ready to start medical school now! Anyone else??:)

Members don't see this ad.

I know what you mean. I am sitting here wasting time playing video games because I am sooo wanting next year to be here now.

Originally posted by Amy B
I know what you mean. I am sitting here wasting time playing video games because I am sooo wanting next year to be here now.

damn amy b!

you play video games?? haha kick ass.

what are you playing right now.

damn ive been wanting to start when my friend got accepted to med school last year. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I resonate with all of your expressions! In fact, I am so bored, that I am sort of taking the morning and early afternoon off today - all I can think about is how long the time is stretching ahead before I can actually start medical school... why did I decide to take a year off again?:confused:

Originally posted by DriNDT
I resonate with all of your expressions! In fact, I am so bored, that I am sort of taking the morning and early afternoon off today - all I can think about is how long the time is stretching ahead before I can actually start medical school... why did I decide to take a year off again?:confused:

haha dri....

well you cant blame the fact that you are an awesome applicant....so good that you got in oct 15. haha. we took the year off because we didnt know how things would turn out im sure.
enjoy the time before the grind. have fun at your other interviews. have fun period. do things you might not have time to do in med school.

now i wish i could take the day off....

:)

Thanks Jlee!! You yourself got in the 15th as well, remember?:clap:

I agree. Even though work is killing me at the moment (the boredom I mean), it is nice to have this kind of free time. We won't see that again for years! Gotta relish it while you can!

OY Im dying to get started too.

Cant stand taking these classes that ill never use...

Senoritis for me...

Bored here too. But hey, I get to take class pass/fail for the first time next semester. Nothing like earning a "D" but having the registrar add a line to make it a "P"!

My wife and I are ready to know where we will spend the next 4-9 years. I would settle for knowing the outcome of the Feb. 1 TX match. Unfortunately, 1 step at a time.

Senioritis and just pure desire to start a new chapter in my life. I sit in class thinking how cool it will be. I am so ready to start I even went to the medical school bookstore to look at the textbooks the first years are using. The pocket eye chart all the little books to carry in our white coats, stethoscopes to wear, etc. GOD I CAN'T WAIT......HURRY JULY, HURRY!:D

Heb

You guys aren't kidding. I feel like every day I'm more and more excited to start.
I think the only way I'm going to make it is to take lots of little vacations this year to keep my mind off of it.

I AGREE!! I'm absolutely dying to dig in and learn about our future profession....much better than the daily grind where I am now.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by hightrump
Cant stand taking these classes that ill never use...
Yea me too. I'm on the quarter system so I still have two more quarters of classes meaning at least 6 new classes. It's ridiculous. Without motivation to excell, I see no use.

dstn2bmd, that's how I feel too, just ready to start a new chapter in my life. That's too funny about going to look at the textbooks, cause I would love to do the same thing. I'm guessing we'll be feeling a little different next year at this time when all those textbooks are piling up :laugh:

No, I think I'll still be excited:)

Originally posted by Bones2008
Bored here too. But hey, I get to take class pass/fail for the first time next semester. Nothing like earning a "D" but having the registrar add a line to make it a "P"!

consider yourself lucky
we need a "C" for a pass/fail class to count as a P
I know, doesn't make sense does it?

OOPS, I meant to post this!

I'm guessing we'll be feeling a little different next year at this time when all those textbooks are piling up

DW-I hope I'm not eating my words next fall!! You're in your first year... are you glad you are there?

It's at least better to be in anticipation of attending than in anticipation of even knowing if you can attend. Some still do not even know. :) (myself not included im applying next year)

I'm anxious to start too but think of this year as your last chance to have fun and explore new interests and spend time with friends, etc.

Making use of this free time now will benefit you later I think.

I definitely agree, I've just been out of school for 4 1/2 years and am ready to move on something bigger and better than working in an office:)

Originally posted by lisa13579
DW-I hope I'm not eating my words next fall!! You're in your first year... are you glad you are there?
yeah....just its hard to be enthusiatic during end of block exams :laugh:

yeah....just its hard to be enthusiatic during end of block exams

I agree!! But I'll be more enthusiastic about biochem and anatomy than I am about typing memos and making copies!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
I'm anxious to start too but think of this year as your last chance to have fun and explore new interests and spend time with friends, etc.

Making use of this free time now will benefit you later I think.

I totally agree with you....like "take time to smell the roses because the nazi landscaper is approaching right around the corner.:) "

Heb

Anyone else using all their leave (days off) from work for interviews? Some don't even interview on Monday or Friday, which is a true pain.

I had planned on taking a week and a half off to do some Xmas travel, but it's not looking too likely now :(

med school is awesome, but enjoy your time off. you will probably never have the chance to just be bored again... and you will especially miss that feeling during exam blocks :)

*bump

Besides the summer vacations I have planned and the bar/club hopping on weekends I am pretty much ready to start. (If they lower the used price of the new elder scrolls game I will be doing that as well)

me too!
I just want June to come already so I can go on vacation and get ready to move out and onwards to med school!
this wait is kind of giving me a bit of anxiety...

Can't wait here either! Just hoping I don't get any unpleasant surprises with the loan packages, though I have no real reason to expect anything bad. Can't wait until I can give notice at my job, and then finally quit. Planning to have a month off before orientation, probably my last truly off month, at least for a long time....

ETA: That was an epic necro-bump, by the way.

Last edited:
I somewhat know what ya'll are going through. I am sitting here rotting in Afghanistan waiting to start school next year.

You have no idea how much I crave to be around people smarter than me again. Might sound a bit egotistical, but it is what it is.

Enjoy yourselves while you can...come back next year and read this thread...you'll laugh

Hahahaha, are you kidding me? I'm taking a gap year and having a blast. Medical school can wait.

Pretty sure I've exhausted every medicine-based series on Hulu...

Seriously....go have fun.

This is one of the last points in your life where you can truly relax, and have essentially no responsibility.

Hah, sharing similar sentiments with you all. Working in Manhattan as a waitress to save a little before starting med school. Can not wait to move into my new place, QUIT waiting tables finally, and get my life on! Really excited for what's next : )

Amy B's sig is a little sad.

:(

Try a lot. I went and looked up the story. It freaks me out whenever I think about how something as simple as a f***ing airbubble can kill someone. Sometimes I wonder in amazement how most of us even make it to old age.

Time to move on to Netflix. You can get a free month when you sign up.

I've gotten hooked to a digusting amount of TV shows this past year because of Netflix. Their online streaming is hard to beat. Sadly, I know I'll have to cancel my subscription once school starts.