I'm so pissed after this discovery

phuongle2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I've just found out that the big prep book the Kaplan gives students in its OAT prep course is the almost the same as the DAT book that Kaplan sell publicly. Bio, Ochem, gen chem, QR are the SAME. I'm pissed because I've wasted a lot of time copying the prep course book that I borrowed from a friend when I could go out to the library and borrow it. So don't need to waste 1k to go to the course, you could get the prep material for $65. I just regret the time my mom had to spend copying, not the money. Hihi, now can't tell my mom or she will be ......+pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

here's a secret.

the OAT and DAT are administered by the same corporation. the topics that overlap on the OAT and DAT are actually composed of the SAME questions...

Are you saying that the DAT book that is sold in stores is the same as the 1000+ page OAT book given to people who sign up for the class? I am just getting clarification because if that's what you meant I am going to but it today. I am looking for a good way to review the material on the OAT in addition to my old textbooks. Would you recommend that I get that one?

phuongle2 said:
Hey,
I've just found out that the big prep book the Kaplan gives students in its OAT prep course is the almost the same as the DAT book that Kaplan sell publicly. Bio, Ochem, gen chem, QR are the SAME. I'm pissed because I've wasted a lot of time copying the prep course book that I borrowed from a friend when I could go out to the library and borrow it. So don't need to waste 1k to go to the course, you could get the prep material for $65. I just regret the time my mom had to spend copying, not the money. Hihi, now can't tell my mom or she will be ......+pissed+

Hi opt princess,
Yeah, to the best of my knowledge since I haven't checked every single page,s the stuffs that are in DAT prep book are the same as the big 1000+ review book provided by Kaplan for their OAT review course. However, it is missing the Physics section, and for Kaplan review book they have review questions at the end while the DAT doesn't( I don't think this should be a big problem) That is weird that Kaplan doesn't provide these books for sale publicly, since they already have it out on the market for DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
And you will miss out on the 14 or so full length practice tests that Kaplan has to offer...........

1FutureDDS said:
And you will miss out on the 14 or so full length practice tests that Kaplan has to offer...........

Actually I think there are only 5.75 full length practice tests offered by Kaplan. The diagnostic, which is shorter than a full-length...the midterm, the final, 3 online full-lengths, and...that's it. And I bought the OAT Kaplan book from Amazon, and some of the full-length tests had the same sections as my Kaplan midterm/final. I was doing a full-length test from that book and I got to the reading section and I was like, "I just read this passage last week when I took the Kaplan final!!!!" So I skipped it. =P I think the bio, physics, chem, and math were the same too but I did them anyways since I hadn't reviewed the answers from my final yet. =)

Yeah and the 1000+ page book is the same as the DAT book because don't forget that Kaplan teaches DAT and OAT together...at least here in San Diego they do. There were 3 OAT students in my class and 15 DAT students. We have the same lesson book and the same 1000+ page book, except we have physics. So for the 2 sessions of physics, we separated from the DAT students (they did PAT for those 2 sessions) and had our own private teacher. Each session was about 2-2.5 hours.