I'm taking 18 credits including biochem I, calc II, and bunch of other science classes. Bad idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsfree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok good

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Safe is always good....why risk your whole app?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I seem to be counting 15 credits?

I have seen this done before by friends of mine (5 heavy courses +20ish hours a week of waitressing). They pulled off 3.8+ marks (probably like a 3.9), but it certainly did not look fun.

Is there a way to replace one of your science courses with a chill elective, and then taking the science course during a lighter semester?

I can't speak from personal experience as I have yet to have a semester like the one you described. This coming semester, I plan on working 20 hours a week, but my 5 courses aren't as tough as yours (or at least I hope they won't be hehe).

I seem to be counting 15 credits?

I have seen this done before by friends of mine (5 heavy courses +20ish hours a week of waitressing). They pulled off 3.8+ marks (probably like a 3.9), but it certainly did not look fun.

Is there a way to replace one of your science courses with a chill elective, and then taking the science course during a lighter semester?

I can't speak from personal experience as I have yet to have a semester like the one you described. This coming semester, I plan on working 20 hours a week, but my 5 courses aren't as tough as yours (or at least I hope they won't be hehe).
Courses are probably worth a different amount of credits at each school. That being said don't go too crazy lol

Only take what you know you can handle. One or two W's your entire college career may not haunt you if you can explain what happened, but any more than that can require a good reason.