• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Crab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2005
Status (Visible)
How easy is to get in F ship,and how paying is Endocrinology...?Compared to General Internist. :confused:

quidnunc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
west coast -->east coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Don't know much about the competitiveness, but from what I've heard the pay isn't as large as cards or gi, that's for sure. I've heard anywhere from 150 - 170$ K/yr. But in the end, if that's what you really like and enjoy, then go for it.

About the Ads

quidnunc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
west coast -->east coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Cards (non-invasive) about, median $275K (I've heard as high as $340K, so I'll stick with the more conservative estimate). GI about $220K.

Zolpidem25

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
quidnunc said:
Cards (non-invasive) about, median $275K (I've heard as high as $340K, so I'll stick with the more conservative estimate). GI about $220K.

of course, if you go into private practice, and sit around doing endoscopy all day, you can make much much more than $220 as a GI. that sounds like it might get real boring though, i personally would prefer to stay in the academic sector....

another thing -- endocrine might take a hit in terms of paycheck, but its got a sweet lifestyle going for it.... the few endocrinologists i know all seem very happy, and lead relatively normal lives.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.