Crab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2005
Status
How easy is to get in F ship,and how paying is Endocrinology...?Compared to General Internist. :confused:

quidnunc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
west coast -->east coast
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Don't know much about the competitiveness, but from what I've heard the pay isn't as large as cards or gi, that's for sure. I've heard anywhere from 150 - 170$ K/yr. But in the end, if that's what you really like and enjoy, then go for it.

Crab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2005
Status
How paying r Card and GI by the way..?

About the Ads

quidnunc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
west coast -->east coast
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Cards (non-invasive) about, median $275K (I've heard as high as $340K, so I'll stick with the more conservative estimate). GI about $220K.

Zolpidem25

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Status
quidnunc said:
Cards (non-invasive) about, median $275K (I've heard as high as $340K, so I'll stick with the more conservative estimate). GI about $220K.
of course, if you go into private practice, and sit around doing endoscopy all day, you can make much much more than $220 as a GI. that sounds like it might get real boring though, i personally would prefer to stay in the academic sector....

another thing -- endocrine might take a hit in terms of paycheck, but its got a sweet lifestyle going for it.... the few endocrinologists i know all seem very happy, and lead relatively normal lives.

About the Ads