You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - 2022 Match
Started by Charles34
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well that is a high aim…I dont think they take very many I/FMGs1 Rejection from Oregon Health University Program
That's what I think tooWell that is a high aim…I dont think they take very many I/FMGs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So far, 2 IV: Roger Williams Medical Center (Providence, RI) and Jefferson-Abington Hospital (Philadelphia).
Rejections from New Hanover Reg Med Ctr Pgm, Mountain Area Health Education and Capital Health Reg Med Ctr Pgm.
Acknowledgement from Jacobi, Darmouth, Georgetown, Flushing, U North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
This is nerve wracking.
Rejections from New Hanover Reg Med Ctr Pgm, Mountain Area Health Education and Capital Health Reg Med Ctr Pgm.
Acknowledgement from Jacobi, Darmouth, Georgetown, Flushing, U North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
This is nerve wracking.
so i wouldn't worry to much about it...MGH sent me a very nice snail mail rejection letter back in the day 🙂That's what I think too
+3 means? 3 people got IVs?+3 IV Mount Sinai West/Morningside
+4 IV Rosalind Franklin/UChicago McHenry
+5 IV Medstar Washington Hospital DC
Rejection from Oregon Health Science University
itoen0619
New Member
was this from today?+3 IV Mount Sinai West/Morningside
+4 IV Rosalind Franklin/UChicago McHenry
+5 IV Medstar Washington Hospital DC
Rejection from Oregon Health Science University
SmasHdMatch
Full Member
One creepy rejection- Lincoln 🎃.
IVs pending
IVs pending
creepy? 😛 how exactlyOne creepy rejection- Lincoln 🎃.
IVs pending
SmasHdMatch
Full Member
Just kidding. Didn't expect my first to be rejection. Well, technically my first was acknowledgment! 😁creepy? 😛 how exactly
They received their third, fourth, and fifth invites.+3 means? 3 people got IVs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed!slow day today
No that means the 3,4, and 5th invites for him+3 means? 3 people got IVs?
IdusMD
New Member
Got a few IVs over the past two weeks. I'm at +5 now, Hennepin healthcare, Newark beth Israel, Wayne state university Rochester, southeast health program, Allegheny health.
This is my second match. I applied last year before I could take the OET exam and didn't match. Haven't done much this year besides getting the ECFMG certification and it seems the lack of it last year was what was hindering me.
This is my second match. I applied last year before I could take the OET exam and didn't match. Haven't done much this year besides getting the ECFMG certification and it seems the lack of it last year was what was hindering me.
OMG!!!! Just got my very first IV!!!!!! What God cannot do does not exist

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!OMG!!!! Just got my very first IV!!!!!! What God cannot do does not exist![]()
THANK YOU!!!!SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Any idea when to take a prematch offer? I have interview invites from 2 hospitals that participate in prematch. I am looking to go into heme onc fellowship but I am hesitant about joining a NYC community hospital program if that might prevent me from getting fellowship immediately after residency. Ideally would want to stay in NY for fellowship too.
I have invites to 4 other programs. 2 university ones and 1 university affiliated, and 1 community.
I have invites to 4 other programs. 2 university ones and 1 university affiliated, and 1 community.
No invites or rejections. This is going well 🙂
I am little bit bold but I would not take the prematch. But peers have told me that if I have more than 7 other IV's by the time I get an offer from a prematch, to NOT take it.Any idea when to take a prematch offer? I have interview invites from 2 hospitals that participate in prematch. I am looking to go into heme onc fellowship but I am hesitant about joining a NYC community hospital program if that might prevent me from getting fellowship immediately after residency. Ideally would want to stay in NY for fellowship too.
I have invites to 4 other programs. 2 university ones and 1 university affiliated, and 1 community.
Zooba
New Member
Hello guys! I am new in this community! I share my scores and my interviews:
Step 1 : 235
Step 2 CK: 247
ECFMG through pathway 1 in December 2020
Graduated in 2014.
NO United States Clinical Experience but 6 months of Research Experience in USA.
Peer Reviewd Journal Articles: 5
Recieved 3 Interviews:
-Roger Williams Medical Center Program (Providence)
-Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (Morningside/West) Program
-St. Vincent Charity Medical Center (Cleveland Ohio)
Step 1 : 235
Step 2 CK: 247
ECFMG through pathway 1 in December 2020
Graduated in 2014.
NO United States Clinical Experience but 6 months of Research Experience in USA.
Peer Reviewd Journal Articles: 5
Recieved 3 Interviews:
-Roger Williams Medical Center Program (Providence)
-Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (Morningside/West) Program
-St. Vincent Charity Medical Center (Cleveland Ohio)
I got an interview from Roger Williams too, and one from a program in Philly. I would love to end up in Providence! When did you set your interview for, Nov or Dec?Hello guys! I am new in this community! I share my scores and my interviews:
Step 1 : 235
Step 2 CK: 247
ECFMG through pathway 1 in December 2020
Graduated in 2014.
NO United States Clinical Experience but 6 months of Research Experience in USA.
Peer Reviewd Journal Articles: 5
Recieved 3 Interviews:
-Roger Williams Medical Center Program (Providence)
-Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (Morningside/West) Program
-St. Vincent Charity Medical Center (Cleveland Ohio)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crodrigues3192
New Member
IV +1 Roger Williams Providence
Rejections
+3
Jacobi
Yale
Lincoln
Stats
255/271/235/4 pubs/Non US IMG/need visa
Rejections
+3
Jacobi
Yale
Lincoln
Stats
255/271/235/4 pubs/Non US IMG/need visa
SmasHdMatch
Full Member
+2 rejection: Jacobi.
The struggle continues!
The struggle continues!
Wow! That impressiveIV at Sidney Kimmel TJUH
Zooba
New Member
I set the interview already for next week!! the 27th!! Let s cross the fingers for my 1st interview!!I got an interview from Roger Williams too, and one from a program in Philly. I would love to end up in Providence! When did you set your interview for, Nov or Dec?
crodrigues3192
New Member
Rejection +4IV +1 Roger Williams Providence
Rejections
+3
Jacobi
Yale
Lincoln
Stats
255/271/235/4 pubs/Non US IMG/need visa
University of South Dakota
SmasHdMatch
Full Member
Do you need visa? YOG?Step 122x/ step2 20x/ step 3 23x
SmasHdMatch
Full Member
Did you signal Jacobi? Also did you signal the other programs that sent you IV?+3
Jacobi
Boston University
New York Medical College - Landmark Medical Center
Rejection:
Yale New Haven
Lincoln
Signaled Jacobi, not the others. So far, except for Jacobi, neither rejection nor IV received from signaled programs.Did you signal Jacobi? Also did you signal the other programs that sent you IV?
No, I'm GCDo you need visa? YOG?
SmasHdMatch
Full Member
Did you signal Jacobi? Also did you signal the other programs that sent you IV?
Signaled Jacobi, not the others. So far, except for Jacobi, neither rejection nor IV received from signaled programs.
No, I'm GCCreds please? I heard Jacobi may have used a score cut off or YOGSignaled Jacobi, not the others. So far, except for Jacobi, neither rejection nor IV received from signaled programs.
need visa as wellYOG: 2019
6mo working as a doctor post-grad to eliminate gaps
Step1/2: 249/254
ECFMG certified
1 y research in US (current)
4 LORs (3 American faculty)
24 pubs (papers=9 rest is posters+abstracts)
Hope it's helpful 🙂 Good luck!
dreamer_doc
New Member
Putting it all out there due to desperation, would appreciate your honest feedbacks 🙏
Step 1: 196
Step 2: 230
Step 3: 227
YOG: 2016
ECFMG certified
I have 8 LORs for observerships and 1 USCE for 6 months along with research assistant LOR for 6 months. Second round of applying to match, US-IMG, I have applied to 250 IM/FM programs.
Please let me know what you realistically think my chances of matching are. 🙏
Step 1: 196
Step 2: 230
Step 3: 227
YOG: 2016
ECFMG certified
I have 8 LORs for observerships and 1 USCE for 6 months along with research assistant LOR for 6 months. Second round of applying to match, US-IMG, I have applied to 250 IM/FM programs.
Please let me know what you realistically think my chances of matching are. 🙏
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any interviews so far?Putting it all out there due to desperation, would appreciate your honest feedbacks 🙏
Step 1: 196
Step 2: 230
Step 3: 227
YOG: 2016
I have 8 LORs for observerships and 1 USCE for 6 months along with research assistant LOR for 6 months. Second round of applying to match, US-IMG, I have applied to 250 IM/FM programs.
Please let me know what you realistically think my chances of matching are. 🙏
dreamer_doc
New Member
No. Just received 1 rejection so far. you?Any interviews so far?
SmasHdMatch
Full Member
Well, so that means some programs threw the signaling in the trash while some probably embraced it (Jacobi).need visa as well
I have not heard of any one with Jacobi IV that didn't signal them.
For now it looks like big programs may be going out for superqualified candidates like you regardless of signaling.
I don't want signaling to be a determinant. It's just 5 😂. If one gets a rejection from a signaled program, it triggers more anxiety!😂
I agree that signals are very few. My sense is that Jacobi embraced signaling indeed, no idea about others. I hope it is not a limiting factor.Well, so that means some programs threw the signaling in the trash while some probably embraced it (Jacobi).
I have not heard of any one with Jacobi IV that didn't signal them.
For now it looks like big programs may be going out for superqualified candidates like you regardless of signaling.
I don't want signaling to be a determinant. It's just 5 😂. If one gets a rejection from a signaled program, it triggers more anxiety!😂
Signaling would be helpful when applicants sent the signal to the right program considering application criteria otherwise it is waste of signaling. I agree that some programs or even most programs do not care about signaling! Just extra work for applicants and a new entertainment for programs! 😄Well, so that means some programs threw the signaling in the trash while some probably embraced it (Jacobi).
I have not heard of any one with Jacobi IV that didn't signal them.
For now it looks like big programs may be going out for superqualified candidates like you regardless of signaling.
I don't want signaling to be a determinant. It's just 5 😂. If one gets a rejection from a signaled program, it triggers more anxiety!😂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K