You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - 2022 Match
Started by Charles34
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mahmood Salah
New Member
Wanted to ask what specialty you trying to enter? I got similar scores minus the step 3 and was just curious on chances of getting neuro? Would appreciate your opinionScores: Step 1: 215
Step 2CK : 243, Cs passed
step 3: 210. No attempts
Grad year: 2020
3 publications. Non-US IMG
2 IVs... Einstein Mont, St. Michael Jersey.
Im not the person but this is an IM thread so I would guess he is applying into internal medicine.Wanted to ask what specialty you trying to enter? I got similar scores minus the step 3 and was just curious on chances of getting neuro? Would appreciate your opinion
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The chances are there.Wanted to ask what specialty you trying to enter? I got similar scores minus the step 3 and was just curious on chances of getting neuro? Would appreciate your opinion
Just network and keep building your CV. Apply to a mixture of mid to high tier programs and broadly across different States ( if you don't mind, low-tier programs as well, that you can rank). Personally, I applied to Neuro and IM as a Non-US IMG but I'll be ranking Neuro o'er IM (personal reasons).
Best of luck
Hi, I applied to IM and ended up with 13 interviews. I believe you can definitely match with similar scores. Just try to get USCE and have your CV and PS really solid. Goodluck!Wanted to ask what specialty you trying to enter? I got similar scores minus the step 3 and was just curious on chances of getting neuro? Would appreciate your opinion
Any tips on ranking? I guess it's pretty straightforward for US graduates, they will rank the programs in order of their preference, but how about IMGs? Should we rank the "safest" programs first?
Rank programs in the order of your preference. Ranking safer places first will not alter your chance of matching.Any tips on ranking? I guess it's pretty straightforward for US graduates, they will rank the programs in order of their preference, but how about IMGs? Should we rank the "safest" programs first?
MedicineBull
New Member
can you help me rank these 4 programs
1. Memorial Healthcare, Florida
2. UB-CHS, Buffalo NY
3. St Peters University Hospital, New Jersey
4. UCF-North Florida, Gainesville
I'm looking for a non malignant program which can help me in cardiology fellowship later.
Thank you
1. Memorial Healthcare, Florida
2. UB-CHS, Buffalo NY
3. St Peters University Hospital, New Jersey
4. UCF-North Florida, Gainesville
I'm looking for a non malignant program which can help me in cardiology fellowship later.
Thank you
Yeap, Im feeling it. Just want this to be over.Is anyone else feeling the anxiety? Can't believe Match week is only 10 days away!
Matched!
Can you please share your credentials?Matched! Good luck to all today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you please share your credentials?Matched!
220s Step 1, 230s Step 2, DO student 2nd quartile. Both COMLEX 470-500.
9 interviews, all university (mid to low) or communiversity.
9 interviews, all university (mid to low) or communiversity.
Can you please share your credentials?
Congrats! Lots of thanks for your reply..220s Step 1, 230s Step 2, DO student 2nd quartile. Both COMLEX 470-500.
9 interviews, all university (mid to low) or communiversity.
Can you share your credentials please?Matched! cant wait until tomorrow to see where
MATCHED on Monday.... Praying for us all to get our dream progs.
deleted lol oops I realized many days later that this is an IMG thread
Last edited:
So happy for you!!Swinging back around to report that I matched my top f***ing choice and oh my god I’m so far over the moon right now it’s literally indescribable.
Can you share your credentials please? Thanks.Matched to my top choice! Buzzing and hoping everyone else on match day got into a great program!
Non-US IMGCan you share your credentials please? Thanks.
STEP 1 236
STEP 2 246
YoG 2019, 3 US LoR, 8 months USCE, 5 pubs, couple posters
14 IVs
Wow! That's awesome.. Congrats!!Are you a GC holder? How many programs did you apply? Thanks!!Non-US IMG
STEP 1 236
STEP 2 246
YoG 2019, 3 US LoR, 8 months USCE, 5 pubs, couple posters
14 IVs
Last edited:
Not a GC holder, I’m an IMG needing a visaWow! That's awesome.. Congrats!!Are you a GC holder? How many programs did you apply? Thanks!!
I applied to about just under 200 for IM
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ohh okk.. Thanks for your reply..Not a GC holder, I’m an IMG needing a visa
I applied to about just under 200 for IM
Did you waive your right to view the letters?Hi all, Is there way to get copies of the LORs that were sent to ERAS? Thanks in advance!
You should request a copy from the writer. If the writer is in the US, I believe that FERPA requires that they provide a copy.
Keep in mind that PDs do not look on unwaived letters favorably.
Keep in mind that PDs do not look on unwaived letters favorably.
You go to the LOR writers and ask them for copies.Where do I go to initiate the request? Is it my understanding that there is no way to print out copies from eras.
can we have link for this year match 2023
You can start one yourself and I'll sticky it.can we have link for this year match 2023
Once most people started doing the spreadsheet instead of the megathreads, I stopped making official ones.
thanks for the update , i assumed the same, will start asap , meanwhile do you have any links of the sheet alredy there/
I do not. I think they’re stupid and inevitably devolve into trolling. So I don’t keep track of them.thanks for the update , i assumed the same, will start asap , meanwhile do you have any links of the sheet alredy there/
If there were a way to ban them completely, I would.
i agree . tks
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K