IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - 2022 Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck with all your interviews, hopefully you match at your top choice! Can you tell your creds, if possible?
I got another IV so I have 6 total now.
IMG without visa needs. Average step scores, tons of clinical and research experience, residency completed in home country. From what I've been told in interviews, my LORs, personal statement and publications pushed them to call me, even if I'm a non-traditional candidate.
Thanks for your wishes, good luck to you too!!

Members don't see this ad.

Has One Brooklyn Health System/Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center Program Internal Medicine sent IV previously.
I got an IV from them.
Want to know if they sent IV before this batch

Scores: Step 1: 215
Step 2CK : 243, Cs passed
step 3: 210. No attempts
Grad year: 2020
3 publications. Non-US IMG

2 IVs... Einstein Mont, St. Michael Jersey.
Wanted to ask what specialty you trying to enter? I got similar scores minus the step 3 and was just curious on chances of getting neuro? Would appreciate your opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted to ask what specialty you trying to enter? I got similar scores minus the step 3 and was just curious on chances of getting neuro? Would appreciate your opinion
Im not the person but this is an IM thread so I would guess he is applying into internal medicine.

The chances are there.
Just network and keep building your CV. Apply to a mixture of mid to high tier programs and broadly across different States ( if you don't mind, low-tier programs as well, that you can rank). Personally, I applied to Neuro and IM as a Non-US IMG but I'll be ranking Neuro o'er IM (personal reasons).
Best of luck

Hi, I applied to IM and ended up with 13 interviews. I believe you can definitely match with similar scores. Just try to get USCE and have your CV and PS really solid. Goodluck!

Things are winding down now. I know anxiety is going up the roof, well for me. Remember, you hard you worked to get here and don't ever doubt yourself. I truly hope we all match in our desired programs! All the best guys.

Any tips on ranking? I guess it's pretty straightforward for US graduates, they will rank the programs in order of their preference, but how about IMGs? Should we rank the "safest" programs first?

Any tips on ranking? I guess it's pretty straightforward for US graduates, they will rank the programs in order of their preference, but how about IMGs? Should we rank the "safest" programs first?
Rank programs in the order of your preference. Ranking safer places first will not alter your chance of matching.

can you help me rank these 4 programs
1. Memorial Healthcare, Florida
2. UB-CHS, Buffalo NY
3. St Peters University Hospital, New Jersey
4. UCF-North Florida, Gainesville
I'm looking for a non malignant program which can help me in cardiology fellowship later.
Thank you

To those who have done concurrent applications for residency and fellowships: Is it possible to port your LORs from ERAS residency and fellowship applications? Thanks.

Is anyone else feeling the anxiety? Can't believe Match week is only 10 days away!

Members don't see this ad :)
220s Step 1, 230s Step 2, DO student 2nd quartile. Both COMLEX 470-500.

9 interviews, all university (mid to low) or communiversity.
Congrats! Lots of thanks for your reply..

Reactions: 1 user
Matched! cant wait until tomorrow to see where

deleted lol oops I realized many days later that this is an IMG thread

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
My profile is almost similar to IdusMD .. Checking out this thread frequently since match day to see his/ her post.. Will be applying this year.. Very anxious..

Matched to my top choice! Buzzing and hoping everyone else on match day got into a great program!

Non-US IMG
STEP 1 236
STEP 2 246
YoG 2019, 3 US LoR, 8 months USCE, 5 pubs, couple posters
14 IVs
Wow! That's awesome.. Congrats!!Are you a GC holder? How many programs did you apply? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Wow! That's awesome.. Congrats!!Are you a GC holder? How many programs did you apply? Thanks!!
Not a GC holder, I’m an IMG needing a visa
I applied to about just under 200 for IM

Hi all, Is there way to get copies of the LORs that were sent to ERAS? Thanks in advance!

You should request a copy from the writer. If the writer is in the US, I believe that FERPA requires that they provide a copy.

Keep in mind that PDs do not look on unwaived letters favorably.

Where do I go to initiate the request? Is it my understanding that there is no way to print out copies from eras.

thanks for the update , i assumed the same, will start asap , meanwhile do you have any links of the sheet alredy there/

thanks for the update , i assumed the same, will start asap , meanwhile do you have any links of the sheet alredy there/
I do not. I think they’re stupid and inevitably devolve into trolling. So I don’t keep track of them.

If there were a way to ban them completely, I would.