OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
wow that was a tough pull.
congrats, it is an ivory league program that will set your career to do whatever you want any where in the world
with a 279, @Geber should be the president of the United States

Oct 21, 2019
Status
Medical Student
did ERAS inform only matched program PD or Inform to ALL PDs where were i matched? I knew ,if they ranked me but i didn't rank them high. but i confuse, if that wasn't happened . how the knows?

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
did ERAS inform only matched program PD or Inform to ALL PDs where were i matched? I knew ,if they ranked me but i didn't rank them high. but i confuse, if that wasn't happened . how the knows?
Only the PD of the program you matched into gets informed, not all PDs you interviewed with. But just like you know that the programs you put ahead of your matched program, that they didn't rank you high enough. PDs from other programs that were lower on your list than your matched program will know you didn't rank them high only if they ranked you high.

Reactions: Jman26
About the Ads

rokshana

Account on Hold
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Only the PD of the program you matched into gets informed, not all PDs you interviewed with. But just like you know that the programs you put ahead of your matched program, that they didn't rank you high enough. PDs from other programs that were lower on your list than your matched program will know you didn't rank them high only if they ranked you high.
no, i believe that PDs get information on the people they ranked, so if you interviewed with a program and they ranked you, they will now where you ended [email protected] correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Thank you so much

Reactions: Bobbbyyyy
OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Programs will get information on the people they ranked on, including state, city, but not the actual specific program.
So any given PD will have knowledge on everyone he/she ranked and which city they end up matching in? wonder what the point of that is

Reactions: Drlurker
Oct 21, 2019
Status
Medical Student
So any given PD will have knowledge on everyone he/she ranked and which city they end up matching in? wonder what the point of that is
I agree with you.My guess ,PD only know applicants who matched with them. Because ERAS make it as double blind about it.

Mar 24, 2020
Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask if any one of you that matched hasn’t been contacted by the program yet?...

I matched last Friday but nobody has contacted me yet?... anyone on the same situation???

Jan 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask if any one of you that matched hasn’t been contacted by the program yet?...

I matched last Friday but nobody has contacted me yet?... anyone on the same situation???
My program contacted me within an hour of the match result with vacation/ schedule/ visa request

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi Guys,

my program briefly emailed me today asking for my visa status, nothing more than that as of yet

probably they haven't emailed you yet cuz of corona business. wait maybe a few more days then email the coordinator to see if they respond

Sep 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

My program emailed me this morning with the offer letter. I am thinking yours will also contact you some time soon.

rokshana

Account on Hold
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I’ve posted this in a couple of other places, but figured this is an appropriate place

From a covid physician fb page

NEW YORK NOW ALLOWING FOREIGN TRAINED IMGs TO WORK IN NY HOSPITALS IF NEEDED FOR COVID19

M.D
Bone & Soft Tissue Pathologist
NYU Langone

FYI I wrote to Governor Cuomo this past weekend after a friend of mine had a wonderful suggestion to allow IMGs who are unmatched, studying for exams, or not practicing medicine yet in the USA to be able to provide additional staffing or help for hospitals in need. This is for IMGs that have had previous training or residency in their home country. Often these are capable Doctors who can provide great support for understaffed hospitals full of Covid19 patients.

Today this was enacted in NY with the same terms I had proposed!!

See screen shot below and link.

If your city or state has these needs; please refer to this NY guidelines and contact your state’s government to get this enacted for Covid19 emergency actions.

Please also let IMG/FMGs you know who may be interested in this kind of an opportunity to get involved.

About the Ads

batmanisreal88

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2017
Status
MD/PhD Student
I’ve posted this in a couple of other places, but figured this is an appropriate place

From a covid physician fb page

NEW YORK NOW ALLOWING FOREIGN TRAINED IMGs TO WORK IN NY HOSPITALS IF NEEDED FOR COVID19

M.D
Bone & Soft Tissue Pathologist
NYU Langone

FYI I wrote to Governor Cuomo this past weekend after a friend of mine had a wonderful suggestion to allow IMGs who are unmatched, studying for exams, or not practicing medicine yet in the USA to be able to provide additional staffing or help for hospitals in need. This is for IMGs that have had previous training or residency in their home country. Often these are capable Doctors who can provide great support for understaffed hospitals full of Covid19 patients.

Today this was enacted in NY with the same terms I had proposed!!

See screen shot below and link.

If your city or state has these needs; please refer to this NY guidelines and contact your state’s government to get this enacted for Covid19 emergency actions.

Please also let IMG/FMGs you know who may be interested in this kind of an opportunity to get involved.

How may we of service. How do we enroll?

Last edited:
OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Guys, am I crazy or does this mean J1 services are no longer suspended?

ECFMG:
"COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) ANNOUNCEMENT

The ECFMG|FAIMER Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP) continues to review and process J-1 visa sponsorship applications, including those of foreign national physicians seeking initial sponsorship to enter the United States to begin a training program on July 1, 2020. Please submit your applications as early as possible to help prevent delays"

Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP)

Sep 12, 2019
Status
Post Doc
Guys, am I crazy or does this mean J1 services are no longer suspended?

ECFMG:
"COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) ANNOUNCEMENT

The ECFMG|FAIMER Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP) continues to review and process J-1 visa sponsorship applications, including those of foreign national physicians seeking initial sponsorship to enter the United States to begin a training program on July 1, 2020. Please submit your applications as early as possible to help prevent delays"

Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP)
I think it means ECFMG will not suspend their work but the consulates are... At least until now

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think it means ECFMG will not suspend their work but the consulates are... At least until now
yes, that makes more sense... I'm afraid you're right

About the Ads

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Most of you end up in the match once. We are in the match every year. Getting feedback on where people we ranked went can be helpful in planning for future years. We don't get information that I would think would be objectionable -- like where we were on your rank lists.

Jan 20, 2020
Status
Attending Physician
Most of you end up in the match once. We are in the match every year. Getting feedback on where people we ranked went can be helpful in planning for future years. We don't get information that I would think would be objectionable -- like where we were on your rank lists.
oh what a twist of faith..
that's a good thing to deter greedy applicants, who want to be ranked everywhere, having even to lie saying you are my ((top choice)) on my list, sending the same email to everyone.
no wonder, my program of choice (my no1) rank did not bother replying to my thank you note or letter of interest. they know by history that so many good applicants will lie just to guarantee their back up program

Mar 22, 2020
oh what a twist of faith..
that's a good thing to deter greedy applicants, who want to be ranked everywhere, having even to lie saying you are my ((top choice)) on my list, sending the same email to everyone.
no wonder, my program of choice (my no1) rank did not bother replying to my thank you note or letter of interest. they know by history that so many good applicants will lie just to guarantee their back up program
Everyone plays the game always have always will.

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Good news mi amigos. Just received word from my program that the US Department of State will resume issuing J1 and H1 visa for all 4200 of the incoming visa requiring interns.

1585349846669.png

Jan 20, 2020
Status
Attending Physician
Everyone plays the game always have always will.
some would say it is a game.
IMHO I understand where does that come from and why.
But, I was not at ease playing by the same rules. I opted for sending 5 nice personalized letters to my top5 programs. i did not get many replies except, one nice one from my 5th ranked.
i felt bad. but, then i was like It doesn't matter, I ranked 20 Programs on my ROL. at the end of the day i will pply match. not the end of the world if i even did not.

thankfully, I matched into my No1. Program.

moral of the story, do what makes you comfortable.
if 20 min interview and long years of hard work into your med schools and USMLEs did not convince them to rank you. then, probably a love letter written by someone as good as Shakespeer won`t make them change their minds either.

Reactions: Neurodoc2024
Jan 20, 2020
Status
Attending Physician
Good news mi amigos. Just received word from my program that the US Department of State will resume issuing J1 and H1 visa for all 4200 of the incoming visa requiring interns.

View attachment 300013
canadians do not need visas.
we need Ds-2019 and some nice Yankee on the boarder crossing to tell us come in.
hopefully, the CBP will be notified that alien Phycisian are considered essential cross border workers ...

About the Ads
Mar 22, 2020
some would say it is a game.
IMHO I understand where does that come from and why.
But, I was not at ease playing by the same rules. I opted for sending 5 nice personalized letters to my top5 programs. i did not get many replies except, one nice one from my 5th ranked.
i felt bad. but, then i was like It doesn't matter, I ranked 20 Programs on my ROL. at the end of the day i will pply match. not the end of the world if i even did not.

thankfully, I matched into my No1. Program.

moral of the story, do what makes you comfortable.
if 20 min interview and long years of hard work into your med schools and USMLEs did not convince them to rank you. then, probably a love letter written by someone as good as Shakespeer won`t make them change their minds either.
Agree I sent one letter and matched where I sent it. What hurts people is sending out more than one saying that’s where you wanna be because when you don’t match there you just burned a bridge in my opinion by not ranking each place you sent a letter to first, which obviously is impossible. To each their own.

rokshana

Account on Hold
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
This is from a friend that is a fellowship Director

—————————-
For those in Residency or fellowship or coming to residency there should be no delay in VISAS #IMG
American Medical Association (AMA) AMA Ambassadors Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)

Department of State Signals Visa Processing for Medical Professionals Will Move Forward

Dear Program Director:

In a time when good news is scarce, we are pleased to send you a positive update. In a communication today, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) signaled that it would resume the processing of J and H visa applications for medical professionals seeking to enter the United States. This creates an entry pathway for the 4,200+ foreign national physicians, selected in the March 20 Match to participate in U.S. programs of GME beginning July 1. These trainees will undoubtedly provide critical support to health care teams at teaching hospitals as they combat the current COVID-19 health care crisis.

Medical professionals with an approved U.S. non-immigrant or immigrant visa petition (I-129, I-140, or similar) or a certificate of eligibility in an approved exchange visitor program (DS-2019) are encouraged to review the website of their nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.

Since the suspension of routine visa processing for immigrant and non-immigrant visas went into effect on March 18, ECFMG|FAIMER has been in close contact with the DOS to raise awareness on the negative impact of the visa suspension on recently matched foreign national physicians. While there is still much work to be done, this is a small victory and a step in the right direction. Read the full ECFMG|FAIMER announcement here.

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
by the way which state and program did u match into.
FM or IM
Scranton PA my friend. FM. Shouldn’t be too difficult to find out the program name :cat: .
Ps. congrats on matching at your #1 buddy!

Jan 20, 2020
Status
Attending Physician
Scranton PA my friend. FM. Shouldn’t be too difficult to find out the program name :cat: .
Ps. congrats on matching at your #1 buddy!
the thread is like over 119, i acknowledge stalking your post may have got me the answer.
congrats for hustling it mate. Scranton is not that far from Toronto.
keep up the funny avatars & positive vibes on here.

OP
Bobbbyyyy

Bobbbyyyy

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
the thread is like over 119, i acknowledge stalking your post may have got me the answer.
congrats for hustling it mate. Scranton is not that far from Toronto.
keep up the funny avatars & positive vibes on here.
thanks bud! I will never stop the memes!

Oct 16, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
This is from a friend that is a fellowship Director

—————————-
For those in Residency or fellowship or coming to residency there should be no delay in VISAS #IMG
American Medical Association (AMA) AMA Ambassadors Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)

Department of State Signals Visa Processing for Medical Professionals Will Move Forward

Dear Program Director:

In a time when good news is scarce, we are pleased to send you a positive update. In a communication today, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) signaled that it would resume the processing of J and H visa applications for medical professionals seeking to enter the United States. This creates an entry pathway for the 4,200+ foreign national physicians, selected in the March 20 Match to participate in U.S. programs of GME beginning July 1. These trainees will undoubtedly provide critical support to health care teams at teaching hospitals as they combat the current COVID-19 health care crisis.

Medical professionals with an approved U.S. non-immigrant or immigrant visa petition (I-129, I-140, or similar) or a certificate of eligibility in an approved exchange visitor program (DS-2019) are encouraged to review the website of their nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.

Since the suspension of routine visa processing for immigrant and non-immigrant visas went into effect on March 18, ECFMG|FAIMER has been in close contact with the DOS to raise awareness on the negative impact of the visa suspension on recently matched foreign national physicians. While there is still much work to be done, this is a small victory and a step in the right direction. Read the full ECFMG|FAIMER announcement here.

I just hope by that time we have enough PPE's to protect ourselves.

Oct 16, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
Agree I sent one letter and matched where I sent it. What hurts people is sending out more than one saying that’s where you wanna be because when you don’t match there you just burned a bridge in my opinion by not ranking each place you sent a letter to first, which obviously is impossible. To each their own.
I sent a letter to every program but only told my #1 that i ranked them #1. For me it was just a genuine gesture of thank you, it just depends what you write in it. I kept it short and just wrote thank you for their time in each letter

Sep 30, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Just for anyone that reads this next year. I matched at my number 1 without having sent any Letter of Intent or love emails. My top few programs said no post interview communication so I listened.
I think for a lot of the well established programs, they don’t need to or care to do this at all. For newer programs that are trying to fill and have had difficulty filling in the past, I think they may take it into consideration more.
The best place is to show interest and enthusiasm about a program is at the interview itself. Tell them you’re excited to be there and thank them for the opportunity.
If you do end up sending them out, please be professional and ethical. Don’t tell all 14 of your programs that you are ranking them number 1 or highly; that’s not the kinda thing a doctor should be doing imo.

Mar 22, 2020
I just realized on my ERAS application, under the question "is there anything that could limit your hospital privileges" I answered YES.
I got a few interviews but didn't match. How much of an impact do you think that mistake may have had on my chances?
What why would you do that? Did you have something serious that could impact working at a hospital.

ZedMain

2+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2017
Status
Medical Student
What why would you do that? Did you have something serious that could impact working at a hospital.
Nah I have nothing. It was a stupid mistake.

ZedMain

2+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2017
Status
Medical Student
where I can see this on eras application. I can see limitations nowhere I can see hospital privileges
, can you plez let me know on which page.
Thats it. its the "limitations" part. it doesnt say privileges on the pdf of your application.

About the Ads