IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought NYU sent an email that a specific date by 4 pm if we do not receive an invite that means we were rejected. Were you on the waitlist ?
That was Maryland

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone getting more IVs this week? My inbox is even devoid of rejections.

+1 St Agnes Fresno Cali last week

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+16 st Elizabeth Boston! Really wanted this one.
And yeah Salem rejection

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I also have an interview at Wakefield, since you already had yours would you be able to shed a light into the interview process and opinions regarding the program.
I liked the PD alot, she's really laid back and sweet. Its a diverse program in that it caters to the underprivileged and the wealthy community from Westchester community. I was concerned about the location, (Bronx has a bad reputation). The area is almost at the edge of Bronx, basically where it ends and the Irish community begins so I met many residents who walked to the hospital and had houses nearby. So it is a safe place but NY is NY, you have to be cautious everywhere.
One person interviews you, asking general Qs, an interesting case etc so prepare that. No medical Qs.

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview at Roger Williams Center for IM soon. Anyone had one or knows about the program?

I have an interview at Roger Williams Center for IM soon. Anyone had one or knows about the program?
A nice hospital, very friendly staff and residents, does not look malignant. In house heme/onc and pulmonary fellowship. They are a major hospital for bone marrow transplant. Weak on cardiology if that is your plan as cath labs are only for diagnosis, a fellowship would be a bit tough based on the feel I got.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A nice hospital, very friendly staff and residents, does not look malignant. In house heme/onc and pulmonary fellowship. They are a major hospital for bone marrow transplant. Weak on cardiology if that is your plan as cath labs are only for diagnosis, a fellowship would be a bit tough based on the feel I got.
Thank you so much for the insight, I really appreciate it, Just a few more things - How was the interview? laid back? any medical Qs? And the area around it? Being a city girl, I'm finding it hard to see myself in a really dead place. I know I shouldn't be picky and choosy and when it'll come to ranking programs I think I won't but did you like the area?

+16 st Elizabeth Boston! Really wanted this one.
And yeah Salem rejection
Awesome! Congratulations.
Really looking to get an IV from there. How's their calendar like? Any possibility of more invites? Or has this ship sailed as well lol

Awesome! Congratulations.
Really looking to get an IV from there. How's their calendar like? Any possibility of more invites? Or has this ship sailed as well lol
For me 6 dates were open. Mostly in jan. So anything can happen!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for the insight, I really appreciate it, Just a few more things - How was the interview? laid back? any medical Qs? And the area around it? Being a city girl, I'm finding it hard to see myself in a really dead place. I know I shouldn't be picky and choosy and when it'll come to ranking programs I think I won't but did you like the area?
the area is very nice, I think it is safe. No medical Qs, the interview were laid back and nice. It would all come down to your gut feeling

the area is very nice, I think it is safe. No medical Qs, the interview were laid back and nice. It would all come down to your gut feeling
Awesome! I really appreciate it, have a great season! I hope we all get our top choices :)

Hey guys. I need your help. What are some questions to ask a program? I've been caught up working and haven't had time to prepare. I need your guys help.

Also. Any input regarding Southeast Health in Dothan Alabama?

My IV is tomorrow.
How do you see the prog changing in next few years?
Any change to curriculum scheduling?
What qualities does a resident need to excel here?
Is a mentor provided? Etc etc.
My interests are etc etc how many I pursue these in the area?
Stuff related to fellowship, research support etc

I hope everyone’s interview trail is going on fine! Haven’t posted many updates but +9 at Staten Island Uni Hospital!

I think the season is about to be off. I have called 2 programs and they told me all invites were out. I have sent LOIs with no answer whatsoever. I am not optimistic about any new invites.

• Sad
I think the season is about to be off. I have called 2 programs and they told me all invites were out. I have sent LOIs with no answer whatsoever. I am not optimistic about any new invites.
There are still invites going out. Don't lose hope!

one of my friends yesterday got an invite from UPMC and got another invite today from Abington. Another of my friends just got an invite a few minutes ago from Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown so clearly people are still sending out invites

Reactions: 5 users

one of my friends yesterday got an invite from UPMC and got another invite today from Abington. Another of my friends just got an invite a few minutes ago from Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown so clearly people are still sending out invites
What are the UPMC candidate’s credentials if I may ask? If you know them

I really hope so. Do you have an idea about the credentials of your friend for upmc ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What are the UPMC candidate’s credentials if I may ask? If you know them
I really hope so. Do you have an idea about the credentials of your friend for upmc ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Her credentials are 244/23x/pass all first attempt and she also needs a visa. No real research and has many months of usce cuz she's in a Caribbean school too.

Hey guys applied to both Categorical and primary care at SUNY downstate, I don’t know which one I was invited for
If you applied for both, you would be considered for both tracks. Generally if you have expressed true interest in primary care, the primary care faculty will interview you, and your interview would count for both tracks. You can also let the program coordinator know if you are leaning towards one or the other so they can match you with the right representatives so you get the most out of your interview day.

Hope that helps!

Been away for a while.
+1 Cleveland Clinic
+1 Case Western Metro Health
Both came just recently.

Meanwhile, I received a bunch of rejections from higher-tier academic places throughout the past weeks.

Reactions: 5 users
how shall I conclude my thank you emails
I really like this program where I interviewed
I'm thinking of saying "xxxx will be one of my top choices" but is there a more subtle way of saying it?
something like "The program will be highly regarded" "your program will always be remembered" or something

ughhh what should I say

I'm thinking of saying "xxxx will be one of my top choices" but is there a more subtle way of saying it?
something like "The program will be highly regarded" "your program will always be remembered" or something

ughhh what should I say
“You’re 5 - X = 4. Solve for X.”

ughhh what should I say
I dunno I’ve just been saying stuff like “I hope to see you next year”

Been away for a while.
+1 Cleveland Clinic
+1 Case Western Metro Health
Both came just recently.

Meanwhile, I received a bunch of rejections from higher-tier academic places throughout the past weeks.
wow congrats! Did you receive them this week ? were there any available seats for both ?

wow congrats! Did you receive them this week ? were there any available seats for both ?

Yes, both this week.
Cleveland Clinic still has open dates, plus waitlist.
Metro Health has only waitlist spots.

+10 Medstar/ Washington Hospital Center! Super stoked

Reactions: 8 users
Asking for a friend: An out of the match program, sent an interview invite yesterday, and today sent an email asking to send a copy of the green card. Both the emails were not through ERAS. Is it a legitimate and legal request?
How do you find programs outside the match for IM or Anesthesia

Guys, thank you emails are better or thank you cards? Or both should be sent?