IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which center is better in your opinion:
1. St Joseph university medical center, NJ
2. Jersey Shore university medical center, NJ
3. Morristown medical center, NJ
Thanks!
I don't know which is better of the other two but I think St. Joseph is the worst of the three.

Members don't see this ad.

Dead silence. even that henryford email will be nice.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard from
1. Mercy Catholic Darby, Pa
2. Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
I had an IV at WMU. Unfortunately I have no clue if they still have IVs left or not. IMO, It's a very friendly program and the people are amazing!!! Personally, it was my favorite in terms of environment and interpersonal relationships so far. The faculty/staff are very supportive, and it honestly felt like home to me (the people are lovely, and your pre-IV dinner won't be awkward at all, like most of them!) Tbh though... the fellowship and research opportunities aren't as great as with other more academic institutions. It is something to think about (but I certain;y wouldn't skip the opportunity to IV at this program!).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Dear Program,

I am sorry for yelling at you last night but please acknowledge me. Please. I'll be a good person. Please talk to me.

Regards
Your Side Piece

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone interviewed at UPMC McKeesport? Please share your experience if possible. Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
1+ Meharry School of Medicine

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
- UCSF was nice enough to give out at least a rejection!

Hey guys!
Anyone interviewing at Jackson in Miami on 11/22 willing to share costs?

any info about SUNY Downstate,
is it true their in house Cardiology fellowship do not offer J1 visa or take Imgs, even after those potential candidates have done thier residency @ SUNY Ds
also if any one had a look on Doximity
why think it is ranked so high above places like Buffalo , Oklahoma and Missouri Univ, any ideas about how this programs was able to get their above other places in NY .
lastly if anyone had an Interview there already, please let us know , how was the experiance , if it is a panel or private interview.

Nothing for about 3 weeks now. The anxiety is kicking in.

Reactions: 5 users
Her credentials are 244/23x/pass all first attempt and she also needs a visa. No real research and has many months of usce cuz she's in a Caribbean school too.
Just learned from someone at UPMC that they’re “only interviewing IMGs with PhD and a lot of publications” they’ll say anything!

Finally received the 2nd IV since Sept. 18th (the 1st IV, Medstar Baltimore), Lahey Clinic. Appreciate it so much...

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Just got an invite from Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital (quite a mouthful lol). Anyone interviewed there? Any remarks on the interviews and the process itself?

Finally received the 2nd IV since Sept. 18th (the 1st IV, Medstar Baltimore), Lahey Clinic. Appreciate it so much...
best of luck!! you have good credentials I hope more will come your way!!

Just learned from someone at UPMC that they’re “only interviewing IMGs with PhD and a lot of publications” they’ll say anything!
Haha I don't know how true that is. My friend has no publications and does not even have her MD yet so no PhD either. Or maybe she's the exception because she's the only one from my friend group who has an interview there.

Another week in the wraps. :O

best of luck!! you have good credentials I hope more will come your way!!
Thanks, hope so! Just received the rejection from the institute I have been in. So heart broken...:cryi: it is said ”our applicant pool includes an unprecedented number of high caliber individual.” This year is hard!

Can you please explain what he said?

I think Guto said the answer lies in your question itself.
I think your question was if coordinators answer their voice mails.
I think you also asked if coordinators are answering calls.

I think you asked a valid question. Even if you mentioned that coordinators are not answering calls or are not responding to voicemails, that’s your personal experience. You still have a valid question to ask others if they have had luck with coordinators answering phone calls and or responding to voicemails.

Maybe I dissected it incorrectly. I’ll go now.

Last edited:
Thanks, hope so! Just received the rejection from the institute I have been in. So heart broken...:cryi: it is said ”our applicant pool includes an unprecedented number of high caliber individual.” This year is hard!
Weill Cornel right? :( really upset me too

Hey guys. I have a stupid question. When we interview at a program with different faculties, do they ask the same common questions like tell me about yourself? Or do they have a checklist of questions and won't ask the questions that have already been asked by other interviewers?

Hey guys. I have a stupid question. When we interview at a program with different faculties, do they ask the same common questions like tell me about yourself? Or do they have a checklist of questions and won't ask the questions that have already been asked by other interviewers?
They’ll ask similar questions. They’ll also ask you if u have any

varies program to program, I've had both scenarios

Can anyone here share IV experience at Advocate masonic, Please?

Hey guys! So, the last few weeks it has been so cruelly silent for me too.
Is such a slow rate of invitations typical? I mean is it what usually happens during the season?

• Sad
Hey guys! So, the last few weeks it has been so cruelly silent for me too.
Is such a slow rate of invitations typical? I mean is it what usually happens during the season?

Well if you take the excel sheet from 2018, 87 perc of the recorded invites happened in the first 5 weeks post-application. There is still hope 1. there are still places sending out invites 2. The sheet is self-reported (people might have just gotten tired of updating)... In my case, I am only waiting (and hopeful) for 2 IV the places last year (it looks like this year as well) spread their IV invited through the season.