IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys long time lurker here
Step 1 and 2: 230s with step 2 CS passed on first attempt
US citizens
I was wondering what you guys thought of any of the following programs:

UMMS baystate
St Vincent hospital, Worcester, MA
Berkshire medical center
Cayuga medical center
Health quest in New York
Hackensack palisades in NJ
Perth Amboy program in NJ
Abington hospital in PA
SUNY downstate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

From where do we get the postal addresses to send our thank you cards?

Members don't see this ad :)
also would you address the card just to PD or others as well?

also would you address the card just to PD or others as well?

Just like sending email to each interviewer, I would make a separate card for each interviewer, but that's just me. I personally overall prefer emails to sending physical cards though.

Reactions: 1 user
Just like sending email to each interviewer, I would make a separate card for each interviewer, but that's just me. I personally overall prefer emails to sending physical cards though.
thank you. i agree with you and prefer emails as well.
this residency process is just making me re-think my entire life and decisions .. it is overwhelming .lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys long time lurker here
Step 1 and 2: 230s with step 2 CS passed on first attempt
US citizens
I was wondering what you guys thought of any of the following programs:

UMMS baystate
St Vincent hospital, Worcester, MA
Berkshire medical center
Cayuga medical center
Health quest in New York
Hackensack palisades in NJ
Perth Amboy program in NJ
Abington hospital in PA
SUNY downstate

Depends on what your long term goals are tbh. If you are looking into competitive fellowships, SUNY DS is prob your safest bet. If you want to stay in PC, I would go to the place with the least malignant environment and decent training.

thank you. i agree with you and prefer emails as well.
this residency process is just making me re-think my entire life and decisions .. it is overwhelming .lol

tell me about it, thinking about the past is all I ever do

Reactions: 2 users
anyone have any input on brooklyn hospital center interview questions? do they ask any medical questions? thanks in advance
does anyone have any idea about Brooklyn hospital center? I have an IV there and can't find much information about it from the website.
Did anyone interview there?
Hi , were you able to find any information on interview at the brooklyn hosp center ?

anyone have any input on brooklyn hospital center interview questions? do they ask any medical questions? thanks in advance

Hi , were you able to find any information on interview at the brooklyn hosp center ?
Me too! IV in December

no one answered me

Do the PCs even check their voicemail? I'm calling programs but no one attends the call and it's always on voicemail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey has anyone interviewed at Parkview medical center? Would really appreciate any input regarding the program.

Has anyone or anyone you know received a prematch offer from BronxCare? And what kind of interview is it?

-1 UTSA. The only rejection that has hurt so far. Really wanted to go here :(

Guys, no interview invites in more than three weeks now. Getting the feels

One rejection and two invitations within a few hours today. What a day!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Depends on what your long term goals are tbh. If you are looking into competitive fellowships, SUNY DS is prob your safest bet. If you want to stay in PC, I would go to the place with the least malignant environment and decent training.

Thanks! How do I know if the environment is malignant

Thanks! How do I know if the environment is malignant

There are a lot of things that make a program malignant:

-Programs that tell their residents to log in 80h when in reality they usually work 100h+ to avoid ACGME sanctions
-Ancillary staff that is terrible. You will see nurses and co. not gaf about helping the residents with proper patient care cause they are protected by unions (*cough* NY *cough*)
-Excessive BS resident wellness lectures that actually eat your free time
-Patient load
-Program that is not open to change or have no desire to change
-Excessively tired and overworked residents. You will clearly see it on their faces during interview day
-Overall hospital environment. Honestly I wouldn't want to work in a rundown hospital that hasn't been maintained.
-Etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
St Joseph's University Medical Center Program NJ invitation

Reactions: 6 users
There are a lot of things that make a program malignant:

-Programs that tell their residents to log in 80h when in reality they usually work 100h+ to avoid ACGME sanctions
-Ancillary staff that is terrible. You will see nurses and co. not gaf about helping the residents with proper patient care cause they are protected by unions (*cough* NY *cough*)
-Excessive BS resident wellness lectures that actually eat your free time
-Patient load
-Program that is not open to change or have no desire to change
-Excessively tired and overworked residents. You will clearly see it on their faces during interview day
-Overall hospital environment. Honestly I wouldn't want to work in a rundown hospital that hasn't been maintained.
-Etc.
Sounds like a hospital i IVed at today. Lovely

Anyone interviewed at brookhaven memorial hospital (long island community hospital)? how are the interviews? any medical Qs?

Anyone interviewed at brookhaven memorial hospital (long island community hospital)? how are the interviews? any medical Qs?
no medical questions. General questions asked.

Last edited:
Any advice about interview at desert regional medical center, Palm spring? I have my interview coming up soon. Please advise. Thank you.

(-Lost count think, #10) Rej Mass General

How often do people who fail to secure an interview date and opt to be added to the waitlist on ERAS actually end up getting interviews? Or its a futile effort?

Any one interviewed at Louis A Weiss Memorial in Chicago?? Or Interviewing soon?

how shall I conclude my thank you emails
I really like this program where I interviewed
I'm thinking of saying "xxxx will be one of my top choices" but is there a more subtle way of saying it?
something like "The program will be highly regarded" "your program will always be remembered" or something

ughhh what should I say
Just say you liked their program and would be happy and excited to do your residency there...

• Love
If we did not hear from Maryland till now means we are rejected ? or was that from the Midtown campus ?

This may not happen, but i did want to let those interested in Mount Sinai Chicago that the hospital is going through quite some struggles financially and honestly don’t know if it will impact their residency programs. Just fyi.

Anyone heard from
1. Mercy Catholic Darby, Pa
2. Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine

Anyone heard from
1. Mercy Catholic Darby, Pa
2. Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
I'm interviewing at Homer Stryker. They are a great program, very supportive, residents seem happy with their choice. Heard from them late September though

Anyone information about Weiss memorial program in Chicago? .. how is the program and how is the interview day? Thanks in Advance

Which center is better in your opinion:
1. St Joseph university medical center, NJ
2. Jersey Shore university medical center, NJ
3. Morristown medical center, NJ
Thanks!