Immunology or Endocrinology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garcia10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would Immunology or Endocrinology be better for dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean would they look at it more favorably when you're applying or do you mean which one would be more helpful once you're in?
If it's the first one, I'm sure they don't care. I can't opine the second because I'm not in dental school. However endo, I think, would be more helpful for the DAT.

Gosh, I have no idea what endocrinology is hahahah

Members don't see this ad :)
Would Immunology or Endocrinology be better for dental school?

I've taken both and I would have to agree with USU24 in that Endocrinology helped me tremendously with regards to solidifying my understanding of biology on the DAT; at least the physiological aspect of biology. The truth of the matter is that I loved both of them and would be hesitant to rank one higher then the other as both are critical to practitioners. Take both! That is, if you have the time, schedule and the interest to do so.

take immuno cus you will get most of endocrine that is important in your physiology class, unless you havent taken that either.

Your already set. Don't take either. Relax your last semester and take PS3 to school and work on pwning noobs on COD4 multiplayer.

If you are asking which field is more applied to dentistry... then immunology for sure! Pretty much ALL of dentistry involves immunology.