Impact of P/F a non-science class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmssjj

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking a general non-science elective class and I am thinking of P/F this class. How would it look on transcript? My cgpa and shape 3.97. Orgo 2 will lower it though. I could end up with a B+ in this elective but I would have to cut time from Orgo 2 preparation where I am struggling. If I invest time in Orgo 2, I mig end up with A- or B+ in Orgo 2. That’s why I am thinking of p/f this non-science elective. Please suggest me how bad would p/f this elective look on my transcript. I am trying to avoid any red flag from my applicatio. Thank you everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Please explain why would think that this would be a bad thing?
I think med schools would think I am choosing easy way out to save my gpa or it would be considered a lighter course load if I P/F this class. Not so familiar with this process, so I am just confused what I should do.

I think med schools would think I am choosing easy way out to save my gpa or it would be considered a lighter course load if I P/F this class. Not so familiar with this process, so I am just confused what I should do.
If they saw you take tons of these, then it might be an issue.

But one freakin' course? Chill

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely will try to not to do this anymore. This semester Orgo 2 is giving me hard time, that’s why needed to take decision to invest more time in Orgo.

Why didn't you drop that non science class? What type of class is it?
It is a history class. It’s a general elective. I was waitlisted at first and got into the class right before the add drop deadline. it was too late to drop when the syllabus became available to me. If I dropped, I would have got a W.