Impressions of CMS / Finch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCMonkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who's interviewed at CMS / Finch, what did you think??? Any tips for the interview / trip there??

Members don't see this ad.

HI!

I interviewed in January..still haven't heard back yet.

I liked the school. I was pleasantly surprised by the facilities. Like most people, I hadn't heard good things about Finch, but I found it to be a good school that works its studnets really hard to get them to succeed. I bet you will hear lots of negative comments from other posters about its reputation etc...but I would advise you to check it out and see if its for you. I personally wouldn't mind attending.

Good luck!

ps: I did talk to them a couple days ago..and found out that they only have 57 confirmed spots so far (class size of 195) and will be interviewing until june. Also, they don't have a waitlist..so you either get in or are rejected. I love that! I hate the thought of having to wait until june to know where I am going to end up.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by maple:
•HI!

ps: I did talk to them a couple days ago..and found out that they only have 57 confirmed spots so far (class size of 195) and will be interviewing until june. Also, they don't have a waitlist..so you either get in or are rejected. I love that! I hate the thought of having to wait until june to know where I am going to end up.•••••Wait, I know someone who told me that she was waitlisted. Is she lying?? :confused: Seems like a funny thing to lie about. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
finch was nice but not nice enough for the tuition they charge you. the people were nice and the faculty seemed supportive. their are apartments close by. but still not worth it if you get in somewhere else.

JohnM,

I spoke to a really nice person on the phone yesterday about my file, and she told me that Finch does not have a waitlist. They review files until a decision is made on all the people who interviewed. I can't quite remember her name, but for some reason, "caroline" is popping into my head! I was told that if you pass their ist review and don't get a rejection letter, then you are ok. She told me several times that there was no waitlist at CMS. Maybe your friend found out that her file had undergone a review and since there was no decision, she assumed that she was waitlisted?

Anyway..I might call again in a couple of days and see if I get another story from them.

i interviewed there last month and i liked it. the area for the first two years is not amazing at all, but it is school and down-town chicago was like 30 min away by car.
the students i met were approachable and friendly and the staff we saw (and my interviewer) were really involved in the students' education. the clinical education must be great because you have the option to do it in chicago at some big hospitals, or in the suburbs. so- you sort of have the ability to decide what/how you want to learn during your clinicals.
it is expensive and i dont know if it is my first choice, but if it is my only acceptance i am sure i would be happy there. the students get great recidencies:) and seemed happy/content with their school :)