Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

In 2nd bachelors, help me calculate my GPA?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by sdbuilt, 09.29.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. sdbuilt

sdbuilt

Hi there! I need some calculating my GPA, both my science and my cumulative. The thing is, I am just not sure which classes count as science courses on my transcript, since I took some environmental studies courses like ecology. And I also am not sure which classes count towards overall GPA because I took some classes that were put down as a no pass instead of an F at UCSB, and so they may be calculated differently for my application then the way the school calculated it.

EDIT ( I was gonna put down my transcript but it won't format right.)

Last edited: 09.29.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. kraskadva

kraskadva ... 5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
  4. sdbuilt

sdbuilt

OK thanks I will check it out :) Quick question that I am not sure about though.. I am pursuing a second bachelors right now. Those grades are calculated under post bac I believe. Will a course that I retook in my second bachelors replace the grade in my first bachelors for DO schools in particular (and for SMP) or does course replacement only work if you retook a course while you were still getting the same degree?

5. kraskadva

kraskadva ... 5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Yes, they'll be listed under "post-bacc" as a quasi-5th year, but it all goes into the cumulative UG calculation.

For DO schools, if the second course is the same (same credit hours, same course name (mostly**)) then the second one will replace the first one, even taken during postbacc. Dunno about SMPs. Will not replace for MD, will be averaged instead.

**i.e. College Physics (the algebra based one), will replace another of the same credit hours, even if the name/course number is slightly different due to different schools' policies, but not University Physics (the calc based one).

Good luck :)

6. sdbuilt

sdbuilt

great thanks!

About the ads