****in' a. Sdn anesthesia roks.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been here quite a while.

I'm feeling thankful for my interactions here.

Seems always to be a core group of people here I interact with,

some old, some new.

This forum though, for whatever reason, always has alot going on.

Alot about our specialty.

Alot about us here, our personal lifes, our lives as anesthesiologists.

Professional, personal, hobbies, et al.

I'm thankful for all of you out there in cyberspace who contribute to this forum.:thumbup:

Sincerely,

Jet

Members don't see this ad.

I've been here quite a while.

I'm feeling thankful for my interactions here.

Seems always to be a core group of people here I interact with,

some old, some new.

This forum though, for whatever reason, always has alot going on.

Alot about our specialty.

Alot about us here, our personal lifes, our lives as anesthesiologists.

Professional, personal, hobbies, et al.

I'm thankful for all of you out there in cyberspace who contribute to this forum.:thumbup:

Sincerely,

Jet

Thanks for your honest down to earth posts jet! Have a happy holidays season! Enjoyed reading your posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jet, I agree. Very cool forum. I haven't been posting quite as much lately due to a very intense 2 month surgery rotation, but have my anesthesiology elective next month, so look out for the questions!!! LOL

cf

Jet, I agree. Very cool forum. I haven't been posting quite as much lately due to a very intense 2 month surgery rotation, but have my anesthesiology elective next month, so look out for the questions!!! LOL

cf
I'll be doing my anesthesiology rotation pretty soon too. Please do post about how everything is going for you. :)

Have any of you MS 3s and 4s done/plan to do a SICU rotation? Any comments about its usefulness? Are there other critical care type rotations that people think are more applicable?

I'll be doing my anesthesiology rotation pretty soon too. Please do post about how everything is going for you. :)

Have any of you MS 3s and 4s done/plan to do a SICU rotation? Any comments about its usefulness? Are there other critical care type rotations that people think are more applicable?

I did I MICU sub-i in October at the place I just matched (woot, go Army), and will be doing a SICU sub-i next month (because I apparently enjoy torment). I think any ICU time is beneficial, as you will become a bit more comfortable with truly sick patients and vents. Also, depending on where you go, it may also give you an opportunity to practice skills such as placing arterial and central lines. You may also be able to pick the brains of the anesthesiologists when they come up to intubate your patients, or when they get taken back to the OR for a trach or f/u procedure.