In dire need of a good Physics review text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dedicate

took mcat, now applying
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying using solely the Examkrackers 2007 mcat study package. Going through it, it's definitely helping since I am a 2-3 years removed from these courses, but I need more to fully grasp some concepts.

Does any have a recommendation for a good physics book? I used Serway's Physics for engineers in uni, but I am almost certain that is not focusing on what I really need for the MCAT (i.e. conceptual/basic vs calculus based problem solving).

Members don't see this ad.

I used Nova physics to help with concepts and just recently ordered berkeley review due to the great feedback everyone has given about those books

I am studying using solely the Examkrackers 2007 mcat study package. Going through it, it's definitely helping since I am a 2-3 years removed from these courses, but I need more to fully grasp some concepts.

Does any have a recommendation for a good physics book? I used Serway's Physics for engineers in uni, but I am almost certain that is not focusing on what I really need for the MCAT (i.e. conceptual/basic vs calculus based problem solving).

If you can find it, Conceptual Physics by Paul Hewitt is excellent. It's out of print since Dr. Hewitt has moved on, but physics seems to have stayed the same. We may have lost some ozone, but gravity seems to be pretty consistent. :)

It will explain things in ways that you will remember. And I too have heard good things about Nova and BR both on this site and off this site, if you are looking for more MCAT materials rather than a textbook. Nova has the text and BR has the passages/questions/text.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
All I used was exam krackers its the best thing out there. What they said to know deff was important and all the stuff they didn't bring up wasn't required. I wouldn't try to go into the test with anything more than just krackers stuff because most of the test is just about looking at the complex systems they give you and simplifying them into common things with easy solutions (hardest part of mcat)