gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
So my application just got verified and my IN grade appeared to be an F. Is that right? What should I do? I've heard that it should not be counted toward the final GPA...
In my transcript, IN grade means 0.00 gpa, but i will get the A- grade when the school starts

Any help? Please?
see page 42 of link below. it is my understanding if your notes this only as an incomplete on an official transcript, which may be different than what you see as student, AMCAS should not assign a grade. However may assign an IF temporary grade until course is completed. contact AMCAS to address

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fastly.net/production/media/filer_public/54/3c/543c5531-29ce-4049-b278-2edb3998a216/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf

OP
M

meddesire

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
see page 42 of link below. it is my understanding if your notes this only as an incomplete on an official transcript, which may be different than what you see as student, AMCAS should not assign a grade. However may assign an IF temporary grade until course is completed. contact AMCAS to address

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fastly.net/production/media/filer_public/54/3c/543c5531-29ce-4049-b278-2edb3998a216/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf
It's not IF yet. In my school, we have 1 complete semester to resolve that IN grade. And my professor said he'll assign a grade once the school starts. So should I submit the academic change request? Do I need to provide them those information?
And how long will that request be processed?

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
It's not IF yet. In my school, we have 1 complete semester to resolve that IN grade. And my professor said he'll assign a grade once the school starts. So should I submit the academic change request? Do I need to provide them those information?
And how long will that request be processed?
call AMCAS and ask. it could error on their part.

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
OP
M

meddesire

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Call them and depending on what they say, reevaluate your approach. This is like communication 101.
Sorry but i don't understand...what is communication 101?
If that's an error on their part, will they change it right away? Cuz if so, it would be faster than submitting the academic change request...

Reactions: freak7

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student

It is a short hand for saying basic communications or any by saying ANYTHING 101 such as Deli 101 : sandwich means 2 slices bread and stuff in between

If that's an error on their part, will they change it right away? Cuz if so, it would be faster than submitting the academic change request...
We dont know which is why you need to call them and ask

Oct 26, 2015
Status
Medical Student
They are not changing **** right away, they have thousands of applications to process.

This is communication 101:

1) I have a problem

2) I identify who can solve this problem

3) I contact that person ASAP (in person>call>email>letter/paper request)

4) I explain my problem to that person. They either a) solve it b) explain me more detail c) identify someone else I need to contact/ something else I need to do

5) Problem is either solved or repeat steps 2-4

You will notice that SDN is not solving your problem for you. We are not the right people to contact.

Jul 29, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
You post a lot of helpful stuff.

OP
M

meddesire

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks guys! I submitted the academic change request yesterday and called them this early morning and they already changed the grade back very quickly :)