You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
In-N-Out Opens in Dallas!!
Started by Its Z
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Two texan's arguing over burger chains...no wonder why our BMI's in Texas are out of control!
Bite your tongue! I may live inTexas but I am not a Texan and never will be!
Pssh...gimme a Crave Case any day. Or, if you've ever been to All-American Burger on Long Island, then we'll talk.
I enjoyed In-N-Out every time I've been to California, but I don't think it's anything better than the random local burger joint that every person in America will violently defend.
It never occurred to me that I should. I will say I enjoy Five Guys though. 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ate a big bag of White Castle fish nibblers today.
In my neighborhood we have the Zanzabar, which features the Z burger, an Angus patty with bacon, cheese, coleslaw, a fried egg (runny) and french fries ON THE BURGER. It's pretty darn good, but super messy.
In my neighborhood we have the Zanzabar, which features the Z burger, an Angus patty with bacon, cheese, coleslaw, a fried egg (runny) and french fries ON THE BURGER. It's pretty darn good, but super messy.
So is anyone gonna post pics of their hamburgers?
You're dirrrrrty....
Check out this joint.... one of Scottsdale's best. http://www.lushburgeraz.com/
Check out this joint.... one of Scottsdale's best. http://www.lushburgeraz.com/
Speaking of Scottsdale... one of my friends introduced me to Lee's Cream Liqueur while I was in the area. 😍
Once again, this thread is making me SO HUNGRY.
Once again, this thread is making me SO HUNGRY.
Fried chicken and BEEF.
Fried chicken and BEEF.
We have no food in the house. Well, very little. I'm having a turkey bacon sandwich. :[
We have no food in the house. Well, very little. I'm having a turkey bacon sandwich. :[
I had BBQ brisket and pulled pork for dinner... mmmmmmm
I ma whoop yo ass.. I know who you is..
![]()
He's creepy and old.....I was impressed he used OMG appropriately
Fixed.
Chick-fil-a is legit. Even after the news came out about their controversial political affiliations, I'm always gonna have a spot on my heart for those tasty chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. The one by my apartment always has a huge line at lunch time, though not as ridiculous as the one in that video for In-N-Out. Maybe it's just me, but I can't believe people would wait in that with gas prices being as high as they are.
You know what DFW burger place I tried for the first time today? Chapps. Got myself a fine burger and fresh-cut fries without the wait!
Today is SWEET POTATO FRY day at Chik Fil A!!!!!!! 😍
I thought about not eating Chick Fil A because of their political affiliations (and they refuse to open on Sunday 🙁), but their waffle fries, chicken nuggets, sauce, and ice cream are way too good. It's not too unhealthy either.
We are getting a D&B in Orlando. Made me think of Mikey.
Orlando doesn't already have one? Of all places in Fl I thought Orlando would have one for sure, but I guess you have to consider the competition from Disney in Kissimmee.
So is anyone gonna post pics of their hamburgers?
Today is SWEET POTATO FRY day at Chik Fil A!!!!!!! 😍
I thought about not eating Chick Fil A because of their political affiliations (and they refuse to open on Sunday 🙁), but their waffle fries, chicken nuggets, sauce, and ice cream are way too good. It's not too unhealthy either.
Orlando doesn't already have one? Of all places in Fl I thought Orlando would have one for sure, but I guess you have to consider the competition from Disney in Kissimmee.
yesterday's lunch
![]()
DAAAAAAAAMN that looks AMAZING. burger king just lost its place as #1 on my list.. too bad ive never seen a 5 guys
DAAAAAAAAMN that looks AMAZING. burger king just lost its place as #1 on my list.. too bad ive never seen a 5 guys
bacon cheeseburger and cajun fries (the fries come with a lot more in an order though). Not my picture, but I ate the same thing yesterday and it was even more amazing than it looks. lol
i like 5 guys because all of their extra toppings are free. you make your own burger however you want it, and you just have to pick between a single or double, bacon or no bacon, and cheese or no cheese to start with.
plus they have free peanuts while you wait.
it might be an east coast thing because they are all over miami and atlanta, but it seems like there are none out west.
it might be an east coast thing because they are all over miami and atlanta, but it seems like there are none out west.
They just opened up a bunch in LA/OC area in CA. We've had one open up in DFW last year... and Houston has a couple. First time I had Five Guys was in Baltimore.. thought it was fantastic.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speaking of Scottsdale... one of my friends introduced me to Lee's Cream Liqueur while I was in the area. 😍
I was there this past weekend! 😀
Well next time you guys come through, hit me up! I know some great places for some dinner/drinks.
IMO I have always found that the "best" burgers are at restaurants and/or pubs. They typically carry higher quality and fresher meats/product, and combined with seasoning and open flame grill...best tasting. I don't eat fast food nor do I care for most fast food places.
There is this place called Brassring Pub (restaurant) here in West Palm, everyone ranted over how good their burgers and wings were. I tried the burger and it was insanely good, tasted like good old fashion bbq cooking. Plan on trying the wings too.
There is this place called Brassring Pub (restaurant) here in West Palm, everyone ranted over how good their burgers and wings were. I tried the burger and it was insanely good, tasted like good old fashion bbq cooking. Plan on trying the wings too.
The president of the united states is an avid fan. He literally stopped his motorcade on a random day here in DC, and stormed into a Five Guys restaurant. When interviewed he said the presidency has changed the way he always got his five guys, so he wanted to experience it once again as he did when he was a lay man... It was the buzz of the day...
The president of the united states is an avid fan. He literally stopped his motorcade on a random day here in DC, and stormed into a Five Guys restaurant. When interviewed he said the presidency has changed the way he always got his five guys, so he wanted to experience it once again as he did when he was a lay man... It was the buzz of the day...
I had the Z burger today (described upthread) and I'm really craving Five Guys too. Maybe after I have the baby I'll get a Five Guys burger and some fries. Yum!
Yeah, my wife considered it sacrilege when I told her I didn't think In N Out was any better than BK or McD's. It's all fast-food burgers nearest I can tell. I do like Sonic's shakes, Rally's fries, Popeye's biscuits, and Godfather's pizza, and Braum's Ice Cream. Too many regions to get them all in one place though.
Braum's Ice Cream is the best in the country, bar none!! My favorite is the cherry limeade- I wanted to torch a store in Tulsa when they told me they didn't have any.
Only hour and half wait in line. Drive thru I think was 2 to 4 hours.. Unfortunately McDonald's, Taco Bell, Whataburger, and Panda Express on the strip were empty. Cheddar's parking lot was packed..only because people were parking there to walk over to In-n-Out.
NPR said the line of cars at the Frisco location was 2 MILES LONG!!
Braum's Ice Cream is the best in the country, bar none!! My favorite is the cherry limeade- I wanted to torch a store in Tulsa when they told me they didn't have any.
No way.
Bluebell FTW.
LULZ. I went to Del Taco last night- In N Out is across the street. Their drive thru had two cars
I just don't get it... As for the heart atack grill, that place scares me. I saw some of the most obese people I have ever seen at that place. I was going to go with a friend and just standing in the waiting area made me sad. Went to Olive Garden for salad instead.
I think the idea of "patients" getting "triple bypass" burgers from hot "nurses" is cute, and I like that they're blunt about how bad the food is (instead of other fast food chains trying to be "healthy"). The owner is a d-bag though and letting anyone over 350 pounds eat free takes it a little too far IMO. It's pretty bad when you've already had a spokesperson die.
That said, I still want to try it out of sheer curiosity.
Chick-fil-a is legit.
Disagree. The only time I really crave Chick-fil-a is after a long night of drinking, and I just want something greasy but not "OMG I'm gonna have a heart attack right now" greasy.
This usually happens to me after a Saturday night adventure, and I'd be lying if I said that I haven't sat at the drive-thru on a Sunday multiple times wondering why nobody will take my order.
In summary, f Chick-fil-a.
I heard that on the radio also. There was also something about a woman CRYING after she tasted her burger! Crazy.NPR said the line of cars at the Frisco location was 2 MILES LONG!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard that on the radio also. There was also something about a woman CRYING after she tasted her burger! Crazy.
LAWLS... Sounds very "Onion-esque".
I can't believe any of you are concerned about chain restaurants. You need to get the same burger everywhere you go? Why go anywhere? If yu come to Philly and ask for restaurant, I;m not sending you to chain anything. I'm going to send you somewhere that you wont experience anywhere else. If I go to Dallas, aside from getting some barbecue at Z's place, the last thing I'm going to do is got Five Guys. I want to eat something that's not what I get at home.
By the way Sonic, Chick-a-whatever, Burger Slop, Wendy's, etal suck. It's just a way to throw 2000 calories down fast and cheap.
By the way Sonic, Chick-a-whatever, Burger Slop, Wendy's, etal suck. It's just a way to throw 2000 calories down fast and cheap.
I can't believe any of you are concerned about chain restaurants. You need to get the same burger everywhere you go? Why go anywhere? If yu come to Philly and ask for restaurant, I;m not sending you to chain anything. I'm going to send you somewhere that you wont experience anywhere else. If I go to Dallas, aside from getting some barbecue at Z's place, the last thing I'm going to do is got Five Guys. I want to eat something that's not what I get at home.
When I move to somewhere new, I tend to try only the burger places that I know will be the same for sure.
Then if I want to try a new restaurant, I go for it, but I dunno if I'd go right into it when I don't know if I can trust that burger place.
The first Sonic on Long Island opened a few weeks ago. There were 4-6 hours waits for drive-in from what I heard. For a damn burger and slushy.
I can't believe any of you are concerned about chain restaurants. You need to get the same burger everywhere you go? Why go anywhere? If yu come to Philly and ask for restaurant, I;m not sending you to chain anything. I'm going to send you somewhere that you wont experience anywhere else. If I go to Dallas, aside from getting some barbecue at Z's place, the last thing I'm going to do is got Five Guys. I want to eat something that's not what I get at home.
By the way Sonic, Chick-a-whatever, Burger Slop, Wendy's, etal suck. It's just a way to throw 2000 calories down fast and cheap.
I did my research before I went to Philly for an interview. Others may look at the school's mission statement and program offerings, but I search past episodes of 'Dinners, Drive-Ins, and Dives' and 'Man vs. Food' for the best places to eat in town. Ended up at Tony Luke's for a cheesesteak. So good...
The first Sonic on Long Island opened a few weeks ago. There were 4-6 hours waits for drive-in from what I heard. For a damn burger and slushy.
With that time, I'd just go somewhere else.
If I go to Dallas, aside from getting some barbecue at Z's place, the last thing I'm going to do is got Five Guys. I want to eat something that's not what I get at home.
Yeah. If someone visits Texas and eats at a burger joint they're doing it wrong. There are far too many Tex-Mex and BBQ places people should try first. When I go somewhere new, I do like another poster said and look up stuff on Travel Channel's website. Every city's got amazing mom and pop places if you take the time to do a little research.
The first Sonic on Long Island opened a few weeks ago. There were 4-6 hours waits for drive-in from what I heard. For a damn burger and slushy.
There really is only one thing to say:
You need some to wait more than 5 minutes for Sonic food.
There really is only one thing to say:
![]()
![]()
You need some to wait more than 5 minutes for Sonic food.
Oh snap, pharmacist BURN!
Disagree. The only time I really crave Chick-fil-a is after a long night of drinking, and I just want something greasy but not "OMG I'm gonna have a heart attack right now" greasy.
This usually happens to me after a Saturday night adventure, and I'd be lying if I said that I haven't sat at the drive-thru on a Sunday multiple times wondering why nobody will take my order.
In summary, f Chick-fil-a.
so you wait until the next day to get your post-drinking food? fail.
chick fil a is never open late night... so that can be the only explanation.
By the way Sonic, Chick-a-whatever, Burger Slop, Wendy's, etal suck. It's just a way to throw 2000 calories down fast and cheap.
a small fry and 6 piece chicken nugget from chick fil a is less than 500 calories.
a small fry and 6 piece chicken nugget from chick fil a is less than 500 calories.
If I had to count calories on food, I would just ignore it and eat something else that was healthy for sure.
so you wait until the next day to get your post-drinking food? fail.
chick fil a is never open late night... so that can be the only explanation.
a small fry and 6 piece chicken nugget from chick fil a is less than 500 calories.
It's 560 calories loads of fat, almost 1000mg of sodium. In short, as an added late night meal it might be better than an In-N-Out burger, but it's hardly ideal....
If I had to count calories on food, I would just ignore it and eat something else that was healthy for sure.
It's 560 calories loads of fat, almost 1000mg of sodium. In short, as an added late night meal it might be better than an In-N-Out burger, but it's hardly ideal....
Bob I don't do that. I just knew it wasn't as bad a some other chains if you order appropriately.
The source I used calculated a kid's meal with apple juice at 570 calories, but I don't normally drink the beverages at fast food places.
Bob I don't do that. I just knew it wasn't as bad a some other chains if you order appropriately.
The source I used calculated a kid's meal with apple juice at 570 calories, but I don't normally drink the beverages at fast food places.
Speaking of counting calories and stuff, I ate a cold salad that has been sitting in my refrigerator with dressing that has also been sitting in my refrigerator. It felt like I got chills after I got done eating that

Speaking of counting calories and stuff, I ate a cold salad that has been sitting in my refrigerator with dressing that has also been sitting in my refrigerator. It felt like I got chills after I got done eating that![]()
I had the salad bar from Jason's Deli with a side of chicken salad and broccoli and cheese soup. I eat there because of the free ice cream. lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had the salad bar from Jason's Deli with a side of chicken salad and broccoli and cheese soup. I eat there because of the free ice cream. lol
I like ice cream way too much. I usually have to say no to it every time I stare. I usually don't eat ice cream much. It's just once or twice a week some of the time. Then it gets down to once or twice a month.
I like ice cream way too much. I usually have to say no to it every time I stare. I usually don't eat ice cream much. It's just once or twice a week some of the time. Then it gets down to once or twice a month.
i normally only get a vanilla ice cream cone from chick fil a or jason's deli a few times a month. sometimes i get an oreo mcflurry from mcdonalds too. but i really like those self serve frozen yogurt places where you can add your own toppings and they sell it by weight.
So Z, I am at an In N Out because
1) I am in cali by myself without a GPS and its sign was visible from the 210 and
2) it is open
3) they have a bathroom
Not the best food I could have but I haven't eaten since 1pm and I have a loooooong drive to Flagstaff. In N Out saved my night.
1) I am in cali by myself without a GPS and its sign was visible from the 210 and
2) it is open
3) they have a bathroom
Not the best food I could have but I haven't eaten since 1pm and I have a loooooong drive to Flagstaff. In N Out saved my night.
So Z, I am at an In N Out because
1) I am in cali by myself without a GPS and its sign was visible from the 210 and
2) it is open
3) they have a bathroom
Not the best food I could have but I haven't eaten since 1pm and I have a loooooong drive to Flagstaff. In N Out saved my night.
That's an ugly drive as you'll need to hop on I-40 near Barstow. Fortunately for you, there's an In-n-Out there also. And I-40 in CA is nasty bumpy almost 3rd world quality. I made that drive from Flagstaff to Yosemite last year in an RV.. both ways.
Lulz. I got a refill in barstow with my cup from LA (or wherever I was)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 540
