You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
In-N-Out Opens in Dallas!!
Started by Its Z
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
😱😱😱
OMG I MUST GO NOW!!!
All right first off calm down, it is just a burger. I have one 5 minutes from my house. I will have to check it out. I have heard mixed reviews. One guy told me you have to know how to order the secrect stuff not on the menu. Like animal style or whatever.
All right first off calm down, it is just a burger. I have one 5 minutes from my house. I will have to check it out. I have heard mixed reviews. One guy told me you have to know how to order the secrect stuff not on the menu. Like animal style or whatever.
Shut Up you Wendy's Freak!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shut Up you Wendy's Freak!
To be honest with you I am a little tired of Wendy's. I have switched over to What-a-burger. If In and Out is as good as you say I may switch over to them.
To be honest with you I am a little tired of Wendy's. I have switched over to What-a-burger. If In and Out is as good as you say I may switch over to them.
Flip Flop you have no loyalty.
My friend opened a restaurant called Crave Shack here in NYC. It is modeled after In-and-Out. I think he wanted to do a franchise for it, but In-and-Out doesn't do that and they are primarily out west. I think Fat Burger is better than In-and-Out.
I think DFW has some pretty good burger places already. So far I've tried Papa's, Kincaid's, and Big Burger.
As someone who just recently moved from So cal to Fort Worth. I'd rank In and Out right behind Papa's but slightly ahead of Big Burger with Kincaid's last.
Still havent tried Smash or 5 guys.
As someone who just recently moved from So cal to Fort Worth. I'd rank In and Out right behind Papa's but slightly ahead of Big Burger with Kincaid's last.
Still havent tried Smash or 5 guys.
My friend opened a restaurant called Crave Shack here in NYC. It is modeled after In-and-Out. I think he wanted to franchise an In-and-Out but didn't like how he'd have to pay a % of the profits to them every month.
Before you edited, this is what you typed. It's BS... as In-N-Out doesn't franchise and has no plans to.. so I'm not sure how your friend would have thought he would have to pay a % of the profits.
In N Out is so meh...
Before you edited, this is what you typed. It's BS... as In-N-Out doesn't franchise and has no plans to.. so I'm not sure how your friend would have thought he would have to pay a % of the profits.
I confused it with another burger place called Famous Hamburger based in Dearborn, Michigan that he was looking to get a franchise for (who does charge royalty fees based on net sales), hence the edit.
My friend opened a restaurant called Crave Shack here in NYC. It is modeled after In-and-Out. I think he wanted to do a franchise for it, but In-and-Out doesn't do that and they are primarily out west. I think Fat Burger is better than In-and-Out.
This. Times ten.
😱😱😱
OMG I MUST GO NOW!!!
Is this some sort of "massage parlor" yall have down there?
Do they have bison burgers? No bison burger, no care.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think DFW has some pretty good burger places already.
👍
I gave In-N-Out two tries (once in Vegas and once after my interview in AZ) and even ordered my burger "animal style". It's good, but not worth driving all the way out to Allen and waiting in line for hours.
I *might* get it again if they build one that's closer than Five Guys, Mooyah, or Kincaids. Maybe.
It's just so weird to me how people freak out about it. I dunno... it'd be like if I moved to Wisconsin and then went apesh** bc Whataburger or Sonic decided to open up there.

This thread is making me seriously hungry. I'm sending the hubby on a White Castle run. But not for burgers. Don't like WC burgers.
I had Steak N Shake for dinner. They have a new burger that is a ripoff of the Royal Red Robin burger. It was pretty good.
I had Steak N Shake for dinner. They have a new burger that is a ripoff of the Royal Red Robin burger. It was pretty good.
I've never been to an In-N-Out, Sonic, or White Castle.
Am I really missing out on anything?
Am I really missing out on anything?
Two texan's arguing over burger chains...no wonder why our BMI's in Texas are out of control!Flip Flop you have no loyalty.
Sorry. But no one beats my Daddy's burgers on the grill.
I've never been to an In-N-Out, Sonic, or White Castle.
Am I really missing out on anything?
Never had sonic or In-N-Out
I've had White Castle, it wasn't anything special.
Sonic is nothing special. Just fast food hamburgers.
This thread is making me seriously hungry. I'm sending the hubby on a White Castle run. But not for burgers. Don't like WC burgers.
I had Steak N Shake for dinner. They have a new burger that is a ripoff of the Royal Red Robin burger. It was pretty good.
Haha, I interpreted bolded portion in my head that you have sent your husband to a adventure!!!

referencing to a certain movie that I saw many years ago.
this thread makes me salivate.... I haven't had In&Out in a very long time.
Last edited:
👍
I gave In-N-Out two tries (once in Vegas and once after my interview in AZ) and even ordered my burger "animal style". It's good, but not worth driving all the way out to Allen and waiting in line for hours.
I *might* get it again if they build one that's closer than Five Guys, Mooyah, or Kincaids. Maybe.
It's just so weird to me how people freak out about it. I dunno... it'd be like if I moved to Wisconsin and then went apesh** bc Whataburger or Sonic decided to open up there.![]()
Yeah, my wife considered it sacrilege when I told her I didn't think In N Out was any better than BK or McD's. It's all fast-food burgers nearest I can tell. I do like Sonic's shakes, Rally's fries, Popeye's biscuits, and Godfather's pizza, and Braum's Ice Cream. Too many regions to get them all in one place though.
I love In N Out. A Five Guys opened up recently in my city, but I haven't gotten a chance to visit yet.
I've never been to an In-N-Out, Sonic, or White Castle.
Am I really missing out on anything?
Only thousands of calories and hyperlipidemia.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sonic is nothing special. Just fast food hamburgers.
Their slushies are pretty noteworthy though. A Route 44 Strawberry Limeade sure hits the spot on a hot summer day! That said, if I moved somewhere equally as hot that didn't have a Sonic, I'm sure I'd be ok without it. And that's why I can't wrap my head around this phenomenon with a fast food joint. I'm all about regional pride in food, but it's a friggin' burger.
There are better burgers at the local fam owned joints here in T town and up in Phx. Seriously... The "local" stuff is the best. Going to the west to have sonic is like going to the south to have popeyes. And I've been to the south. REAL southern food blows any fast food joints out of the water. I had this jumbalaya in New Orleans some years back and, dear God, I swear it was like an orgasm in my mouth. One of the best (sensory) memories I have had lulz... In N Out, Sonic, and all that other crap is the equivalent of eating a saltine cracker when you have fresh baked real french bread and brie in front of your face.
😱😱😱
OMG I MUST GO NOW!!!
It's spelled "ZOMG"... just sayin'
It's spelled "ZOMG"... just sayin'
Isn't zOMG a more ... umm... intense version of OMG?

Isn't zOMG a more ... umm... intense version of OMG?![]()
Yup. Or it can be used to make fun of OMG. When the highest font setting is being used, ZOMG is more appropriate.
Yup. Or it can be used to make fun of OMG. When the highest font setting is being used, ZOMG is more appropriate.
Ah, but where on the OMG to ZOMG scale does ΩMG fall?
It's spelled "ZOMG"... just sayin'
He's old.....I was impressed he used OMG appropriately
Ah, but where on the OMG to ZOMG scale does ΩMG fall?
At the end, of course.
There are better burgers at the local fam owned joints here in T town and up in Phx. Seriously... The "local" stuff is the best. Going to the west to have sonic is like going to the south to have popeyes. And I've been to the south. REAL southern food blows any fast food joints out of the water. I had this jumbalaya in New Orleans some years back and, dear God, I swear it was like an orgasm in my mouth. One of the best (sensory) memories I have had lulz... In N Out, Sonic, and all that other crap is the equivalent of eating a saltine cracker when you have fresh baked real french bread and brie in front of your face.
I was SO excited when I moved here and I inherited two Sonic's, Popeye's, Church's, and a Five Guys all within a 10 minute drive. and 3 (soon to be 4) Chik Fil A's... 😍
I don't really love Sonic's for their burgers though. Their extensive drink and icecream/frozen/dessert menu is pretty awesome... plus they have really good corn dogs, onion rings, jalapeno poppers, and breakfast sandwiches on texas toast all day. and the drive-in concept is obviously kind of cool too.
Real food doesn't compare though.
Brie and french bread is the BEST. They sell brie at Publix along with this cranberry pomegranate topping to bake it with... my mom knows how to bake it inside of a puff pastry, but I normally just bake it with the fruit topping, or with sliced almonds and maple syrup.
they call bk burger king for a reason.
He's old.....I was impressed he used OMG appropriately
I ma whoop yo ass.. I know who you is..
this thread isn't about who's got the best burger. Everyone's preference is different and of course gourmet burgers here and there will be better than your run of the mill fast food burgers.
It's about In-N-Out.. a West Coast Phenomenon.. family owned.. fresh ingredient. The reason it took them so long to expand out of CA is for them to set up distribution of fresh ingredient. Not your typical frozen fast food franchise.
I do remember the key family members and executives of In-N-Out died in a plane crash near Tustin CA while I was in RX school.
I go out of my way to eat a double double when there's an In-N-Out nearby where I travel.
I'm just excited now it's near where I live....just one of those things in life that makes your life 1 step closer to being complete.
It's about In-N-Out.. a West Coast Phenomenon.. family owned.. fresh ingredient. The reason it took them so long to expand out of CA is for them to set up distribution of fresh ingredient. Not your typical frozen fast food franchise.
I do remember the key family members and executives of In-N-Out died in a plane crash near Tustin CA while I was in RX school.
I go out of my way to eat a double double when there's an In-N-Out nearby where I travel.
I'm just excited now it's near where I live....just one of those things in life that makes your life 1 step closer to being complete.
on behalf of the People of the State of California, you're welcome 

on behalf of the People of the State of California, you're welcome![]()
You didn't need to send the traffic. Then again...show me a burger joint that can garner this count of traffic.
[YOUTUBE]BkOl9TmfDss[/YOUTUBE]
You didn't need to send the traffic. Then again...show me a burger joint that can garner this count of traffic.
[YOUTUBE]BkOl9TmfDss[/YOUTUBE]
when sonic first opened in my (small) hometown a few years ago, the line was literally more than a mile long. CRAZY. apparently everyone in the entire city thought that was the most exciting thing to do that night
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chick-fil-a is legit. Even after the news came out about their controversial political affiliations, I'm always gonna have a spot on my heart for those tasty chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. The one by my apartment always has a huge line at lunch time, though not as ridiculous as the one in that video for In-N-Out. Maybe it's just me, but I can't believe people would wait in that with gas prices being as high as they are. 
You know what DFW burger place I tried for the first time today? Chapps. Got myself a fine burger and fresh-cut fries without the wait!

You know what DFW burger place I tried for the first time today? Chapps. Got myself a fine burger and fresh-cut fries without the wait!
Z, you remind me of Mikey when he goes on a tangent about Dave and Buster's....
You should do a commercial for In N Out.
You should do a commercial for In N Out.
There is no damn hamburger worth what the fools here in Texas are going through. At least 50 people lined up outside and a line of cars stretching a quarter of a mile. The have 3 police offices directing traffic. It's a mess and all fora hamburger?
Z, you remind me of Mikey when he goes on a tangent about Dave and Buster's....
You should do a commercial for In N Out.
We are getting a D&B in Orlando. Made me think of Mikey.
Pssh...gimme a Crave Case any day. Or, if you've ever been to All-American Burger on Long Island, then we'll talk.
I enjoyed In-N-Out every time I've been to California, but I don't think it's anything better than the random local burger joint that every person in America will violently defend.
I enjoyed In-N-Out every time I've been to California, but I don't think it's anything better than the random local burger joint that every person in America will violently defend.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 542