In need of some good advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse98

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am attending a junior college and from what i have been reading on here that is not the best place to be if you want to get into Med school is this correct?
I would also like to know what GPA is needed to get into a Med school?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't believe there's anything wrong with going to a JC and then transferring to a 4yr-college. i think most people would recommend that if you do take science courses, it might be better to take most of them at the 4yr-college, or at least, higher advanced science courses there if you've fulfilled the basic requirements at JC. in the end, your MCAT score will be a relative indicator of how capable you are in the sciences. [or how capable you are at taking standardized tests...
smile.gif
] if your MCAT's and GPA correspond, then great. but if your MCAT scores are really low in comparison to your stellar GPA, then med schools might question the quality of your education.

as for GPA, there is no minimum GPA because there are many factors that med school considers {MCAT, recs, interview, extracurrics, etc.). i recommend going to your premed/career counselor and checking out the stats of what college students from your JC transfer to, and then checking out the stats of how many students from those colleges get accepted to med school and where.

[This message has been edited by carolyn (edited 04-11-2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.