In need of some guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dshen92129

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!!

well i got the bad news and unfortunately I didn't get the grade i wanted for my second semester of chem (68.26 SO CLOSE to at least passing)

so I am thinking of a couple options in my head:
1. I can re-take this same teacher that for some reason wasn't my favorite this semester (i feel like he screwed us cause he hated our class) strictly opinionated of course
2. I can take this class else where but it would have to be online (UNE) just because of the teacher. UNE timelines for classes are much better and i wouldnt have to wait till the fall to take it..

UNE seems to run on this type of program:
**Courses start on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month**
I am full time military so it is very difficult to get classes during the day since my command isn't flexible at all. so my only option is to take night classes.. and colleges are limited on where they offer chemistry.

any advice would be great! especially for the students who have gone through this experience and are not having issues getting interviews/ who have gotten into DS with this unfortunate event.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!!

well i got the bad news and unfortunately I didn't get the grade i wanted for my second semester of chem (68.26 SO CLOSE to at least passing)

so I am thinking of a couple options in my head:
1. I can re-take this same teacher that for some reason wasn't my favorite this semester (i feel like he screwed us cause he hated our class) strictly opinionated of course
2. I can take this class else where but it would have to be online (UNE) just because of the teacher. UNE timelines for classes are much better and i wouldnt have to wait till the fall to take it..

UNE seems to run on this type of program:
**Courses start on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month**
I am full time military so it is very difficult to get classes during the day since my command isn't flexible at all. so my only option is to take night classes.. and colleges are limited on where they offer chemistry.

any advice would be great! especially for the students who have gone through this experience and are not having issues getting interviews/ who have gotten into DS with this unfortunate event.

I have heard that schools don't like students taking any core science courses online. However, since you have a legit reason on why you would want to take the course online, you might be able to explain your way out of it if they ask you during your interview. My suggestion is if you really have to take the course online, maybe try to ask some of the schools that you want to apply to first to ask their opinion on it.