Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

In-state tuition

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sumluck, Aug 7, 2006.

1. sumluck

sumluck Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Does anybody know of any schools which grant in-state tuition to out of state students after the first year. I have heard that some do, but I am not sure which ones they are. Maybe we could start a list or something?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KSDDS

KSDDS Member
    5+ Year Member

I believe at most schools you can get in-state status if you meet certain requirements, like residing in the state for at least 12 months, having a driver's license in that state, paying state income tax, AND having a reason for being in that state other than for educational purposes. That last part is the real trick. You'll need to talk to the student accounts office at each school to find out their exact requirements and what you can do to get around that last part. Good luck.

4. mahya

mahya Deeply Motivated Dreamer
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    In UNLV, you need to reside for 12 months, show the utility for 12 months, Drivers licence, and voter registration. I think they grant you the instate tutition. But make sure you have the 12 months and etc before the marticulation date (first day of school) otherwise it won't be counted...

5. Hopin'

Hopin' Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    For UMDNJ, you just need to get driver's license.......

6. aurora507

aurora507 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You can get instate tuition for UConn after the 1st year, I think.

7. Dr.Brutus

Dr.Brutus Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    At Ohio State, basically everyone who can read and write enough to fill out a form gets in-state tuition after the first year. If you are married and your spouse works full time as of the first day of classes, you get instant residency and pay resident tuition all four years (so long as your spouse keeps working through the first year). That was a major reason I came here. If you do get stuck paying non-resident tuition, get the lube out... :scared:

8. dmonee6

dmonee6 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know Creighton gives substanitally reduced/residential tuition to students that come from states that don't have dental schools and/or have an agreement with Creighton... i.e. Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, Utah, & Wyoming