In-state tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sumluck

Does anybody know of any schools which grant in-state tuition to out of state students after the first year. I have heard that some do, but I am not sure which ones they are. Maybe we could start a list or something?

Members don't see this ad.

sumluck said:
Does anybody know of any schools which grant in-state tuition to out of state students after the first year. I have heard that some do, but I am not sure which ones they are. Maybe we could start a list or something?

I believe at most schools you can get in-state status if you meet certain requirements, like residing in the state for at least 12 months, having a driver's license in that state, paying state income tax, AND having a reason for being in that state other than for educational purposes. That last part is the real trick. You'll need to talk to the student accounts office at each school to find out their exact requirements and what you can do to get around that last part. Good luck.

In UNLV, you need to reside for 12 months, show the utility for 12 months, Drivers licence, and voter registration. I think they grant you the instate tutition. But make sure you have the 12 months and etc before the marticulation date (first day of school) otherwise it won't be counted...

Members don't see this ad :)
sumluck said:

For UMDNJ, you just need to get driver's license.......

You can get instate tuition for UConn after the 1st year, I think.

sumluck said:
At Ohio State, basically everyone who can read and write enough to fill out a form gets in-state tuition after the first year. If you are married and your spouse works full time as of the first day of classes, you get instant residency and pay resident tuition all four years (so long as your spouse keeps working through the first year). That was a major reason I came here. If you do get stuck paying non-resident tuition, get the lube out... :scared:

I know Creighton gives substanitally reduced/residential tuition to students that come from states that don't have dental schools and/or have an agreement with Creighton... i.e. Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, Utah, & Wyoming