In-State VS. Out-of-State ATT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drock008

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little confused on how the NABP Authorization To Test and jurisdiction process works. I will be graduating in June and I plan on practicing in a state different from my current residence (where I'm currently also attending school).
I have not yet selected my primary jurisdiction on NABP, but I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the advantages/disadvantages from selecting your "home" state as opposed to selecting the state you're planning to practice in as a primary jurisdiction. What is the exact difference, if there is any? Is it just time and expenses that others consider out of this? I would very much like to take the boards in the state I plan to practice in and avoid traveling far. Would appreciate any input or explanation from anyone. TIA.