Including highschool hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1027718

Wanted to get an idea of what might be best, since I've gotten conflicting answers

I've been the head volunteer of a daycare since my junior year of highschool, I have around 2500+ hours as of right now including highschool, about a 1000+ in college.
Should I;

(a) include the years and hours from highschool in order to show continuity
(b) only include the hours done in college

Thank you for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

According to my premed advisor from my premed factory school, you should include your HS hours if you continued volunteering into college.

Reactions: 1 users
Wanted to get an idea of what might be best, since I've gotten conflicting answers

I've been the head volunteer of a daycare since my junior year of highschool, I have around 2500+ hours as of right now including highschool, about a 1000+ in college.
Should I;

(a) include the years and hours from highschool in order to show continuity
(b) only include the hours done in college

Thank you for your feedback!
For the AMCAS application, I suggest taking advantage of the "Repeated" feature to break down your daycare volunteer hours into the HS dates and hours, and the college dates and hours, to keep them separate and provide transparency. Be sure to mention your leadership role in the title you give the activity and give details in the narrative. Both datespans and hourly totals will appear in the header of the Activity space, one above the other.

High school volunteering hours are fine to include when you continue the activity into the college years. Inclusion helps to demonstrate longevity and commitment.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree okay to add them if it was the same gig. If you had expanded activities or responsibilities in college for this activity relative to high school then I would definitely take advantage of what Catalystik suggests.

Reactions: 1 user