Inconceivable! The Official Princess Bride WW Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foxhunter

Year 4 of 7 (9? I think)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
7 year old you awakes with a terrible case of the flu. Your mom has to be out all day, so your lovely Grandfather comes over to watch you:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kxYApOPnW8[/YOUTUBE]

Magically you are transported to Florin, where a kind and wise King used to rule. However, his son has taken over and taken as his fiancee the lovely Buttercup, a beauty who is tormented with grief over the death of her farmhand-turned-lover Westley at the hands of the Dread Pirate Roberts. The people of Florin may not like Prince Humperdinck, but they certainly love Buttercup.

Unfortunately, the villagers awaken to find that Buttercup has been kidnapped and it seems evil lurks on the horizon. Will Princess Buttercup be found? Will the evil Humperdinck die and the land of Florin return to peace and prosperity? This is up to you... One question still remains:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythkeClqVUw[/YOUTUBE]

Is this a kissing game?

It is now Day 1. Please elect a mayor by 1 PM EST tomorrow. Day will end early if plurality is reached. There are 30 players in the game.

Cliffs of Insanity
1. nohika
2. Philliab
3. equineconstant
4. Escalla
5. krist
6. PP

The Fire Swamp
1. lissarae06
2. That redhead
3. Minnerbelle
4. cuitlamiztli
5. FHbrother
6. D4L

The Pit of Despair
1. dyachei
2. The LIS
3. devyn
4. FFM
5.wldlfstdnt
6. jjohnston

Castle of Florin
1. kakuru
2. Lupin
3. swingnsave
4. Wolfspeaker
5. kaydubs
6. WTF

Guilder
1. orca2011
2.Kpowell
3.Alors
4.RoJo
5. Samoa
6. Dwin

General Rules:
- All PMs to mods should be to BOTH MODS- Foxhunter and wildcatj
- No strategizing from the dead. Once dead your posts must be surrounded by stars and can consist only of fun witticisms, pictures, gifs, etc.
- please bold all lynch/mayor votes, if posting from phone surround in #####
- NO EDITING POSTS
- If you are not concurrently playing FF7, have an appropriate avatar by the end of Day 1
- The Foxhunter rule is in effect, disappear for too long and you will be mod killed
- Contingency votes/actions are allowed.
- PM the mods with any questions.
- You may only PM within your groups (or with other players if role PM allowed it)
- most importantly, have fun and be patient with me (this is my first time modding)

Also, if everyone could let me know what time zone they're in, I'll try to set up a schedule that we can stick to for at least the first few day/night cycles.

All role PMs should have gone out. Let the mods know if you didn't get one. All items will be distributed shortly.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OHH OHH OHH
elect swings!!!
pretty please guise? I've never been mayor

Just wanted to say that I'll be working for most of the day tomorrow and in an area where I don't get service, so I probably won't be able to check in much unless that have be doing something on the computer. I'll put my mayor vote in when I get up since I'm off to bed now.

Members don't see this ad :)
All items have been sent out. Also apparently SDN is shutting down for 4 hours fun stuff. This mod is off to bed!

All items have been sent out. Also apparently SDN is shutting down for 4 hours fun stuff. This mod is off to bed!

Can we get roster put up in first post?

Sure Swings, why not?

Elect Swings

Here is the roster to help out Foxy... until she posts it.....

Cliffs of Insanity
1. nohika
2. Philliab
3. equineconstant
4. Escalla
5. krist
6. PP

The Fire Swamp
1. lissarae06
2. That redhead
3. Minnerbelle
4. cuitlamiztli
5. FHbrother
6. D4L

The Pit of Despair
1. dyachei
2. The LIS
3. devyn
4. FFM
5.wldlfstdnt
6. jjohnston

Castle of Florin
1. kakuru
2. Lupin
3. swingnsave
4. Wolfspeaker
5. kaydubs
6. WTF

Guilder
1. orca2011
2.Kpowell
3.Alors
4.RoJo
5. Samoa
6. Dwin

I will change my avatar as soon as I get home from campus for the day.... I am playing in FF7 as well.....

I will be fairly free since midterms are over for awhile and spring break starts next week... that being said I do like to get my drink on.... :laugh:

so I will elect myself since I want a mayor in my group and I am awesome sauce....

elect devyn

also this movie is the bomb diggity.... just saying......

elect swings I guess.

FH, I'm in central time

There's the roster.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mainly the people across the pond *** cough devyn***** ****cough FHbrother******* that I need that information from. Want to make sure deadlines aren't at horrible times for them. Though devyn will probably be up at all hours drinking whiskey....

Three and a half hours remain, who will lead the citizens of Florin in this time of uncertainty?

Current Mayor Vote Tally:

swings (8)- swings, wolfspeaker, alors, jojo, lissa, D4L, kaydubs, minnerbelle,
devyn (4)- devyn, dyachei, equineconstant, wld

also, training someone to use a super fancy new machine, so the mod will be gone for awhile

elect swings

Will change my avatar when I get home from work tonight.

elect swings

I'm EST, also in the FFVII game so avatar will reflect that game (sorry!).

elect swings

Thanks to all the peeps for my votes so far..... :D

FH I am on GST..... (and your bro lives across the pond? :eek:)

which means that for EST - I am 5 hours ahead.....

it will be a little tough during this week, since I have classes for the remainder - so bed times will be a little bit earlier, but after Friday I will be up later.....

Thanks to all the peeps for my votes so far..... :D

FH I am on GST..... (and your bro lives across the pond? :eek:)

which means that for EST - I am 5 hours ahead.....

it will be a little tough during this week, since I have classes for the remainder - so bed times will be a little bit earlier, but after Friday I will be up later.....

bro is in Spain for the semester (so 6 hours ahead).

elect Devyn and I am in CST! :thumbup:

Current tallies for mayor vote, swings is leading. 29 minutes left. Who will come out ahead?:

swings (13)- swings, wolfspeaker, alors, jojo, lissa, D4L, kaydubs, minnerbelle, nohika, FFM, kpowell, dwin, philliab
devyn (8)- devyn, dyachei, equineconstant, wld, cuit, escalla, WTF, krist

The gap narrows, 16 minutes remaining. If you're ready, please begin sending in night actions so we can get that done in a hurry.

Day 1 (mayor):
swings (14)- swings, wolfspeaker, alors, jojo, lissa, D4L, kaydubs, minnerbelle, nohika, FFM, kpowell, dwin, philliab, Lupin21
devyn (10)- devyn, dyachei, equineconstant, wld, cuit, escalla, WTF, krist, LIS, jjohnston

Awww thank y'all for the votes!! :D

Day is closed. Results pending. Night deadline will be 8 PM EST tonight. Will close out earlier if all PMs are received.

The people's distrust in Prince Humperdinck has lead them to elect a new mayor of Florin. One would think this would be a hotly contested issue, one would be wrong. Two candidates emerge, but swings reigns supreme. She pours a gin and tonic to celebrate her newfound powers to veto 1 lynch vote and break any lynch ties, while devyn walks away grumbling.
tumblr_miv4ctZaO61rhjrx2o1_500.gif

It is now Night 1. 30 players remain. Deadline is 8 PM EST.

Cliffs of Insanity
1. nohika
2. Philliab
3. equineconstant
4. Escalla
5. krist
6. PP

The Fire Swamp
1. lissarae06
2. That redhead
3. Minnerbelle
4. cuitlamiztli
5. FHbrother
6. D4L

The Pit of Despair
1. dyachei
2. The LIS
3. devyn
4. FFM
5.wldlfstdnt
6. jjohnston

Castle of Florin
1. kakuru
2. Lupin
3. swingnsave
4. Wolfspeaker
5. kaydubs
6. WTF

Guilder
1. orca2011
2.Kpowell
3.Alors
4.RoJo
5. Samoa
6. Dwin

Nobody got my joke apparently. :p I was gonna come and make a serious vote but then the puppy got in the way. :love:

I'm missing out on the whole Bob thing..